What's the "Dark Side of The Moon" album of your favourite music genre?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It's a toss up between two albums for me:

Our Lady Peace - Naveed
Dredg - El Cielo

When it comes to OLP, they were the second band I truly got in to when I was younger so that album holds a lot of nostalgic value for me even if it is nothing revolutionary. And while I first got in to dredg via their third album, El Cielo is awesome to listen to from start to finish.

silent-treatment

Oct 15, 2009
AnarchistFish said:
silent-treatment said:
I would say "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" by Brand New is the best album of what ever genre that album is.
YESSSS!! I love you. I just call it alt rock. It's pretty much my favourite 'ordinary' rock album ever anyway.
Yea that album never seems to get the love that it deserves.

At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command
I return your love. I die a little on the inside when my fellow Mars Volta fans don't know who this band is, and it happens way more than is should.

Aug 1, 2010
'Tis a sad day when your favorite musical artist dosn't have albums, but instead individual tracks. Ah well, my favorite for Electronic is Feint.

feebstalicious93

Aug 16, 2009
it changes a lot. right now i think Definitely maybe by Oasis, but a few weeks ago i thought Van Halen 1. a few months ago i would have said AC DC back in black.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Selected Ambient Works Volume II" by Aphex Twin is a masterpiece, definitely the best one of the Ambient genre.

(sic) humor

Nov 19, 2009
As far as indie rock goes, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty much a classic. (Like a lot of my favorite music, I thought it was completely fucking weird when I first heard it, but then it grew on me.)

Honorable mentions go to Funeral by Arcade Fire, The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse, and Perfect from Now On by Built to Spill (their album Keep It Like a Secret is arguably more acclaimed, but I'm more partial to Perfect.)

Hazmattuxedo2404

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks, not to sound rude but I knew about queen not being brit pop they are just regular 70's 80's rock. Brit pop could also include the smiths or the stone roses. Mourning Glory is a really good album but I just think it lacks a little edge that defiantly maybe had. The colour and the shape is a good album also but I don't like it as much as There's Nothing Left for me The colour and the shape had a few good songs but the entire album to me felt incomplete while There's Nothing Left felt like a cohesive and ultimately more human album.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
(sic) humor said:
As far as indie rock goes, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty much a classic. (Like a lot of my favorite music, I thought it was completely fucking weird when I first heard it, but then it grew on me.)

Honorable mentions go to Funeral by Arcade Fire, The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse, and Perfect from Now On by Built to Spill (their album Keep It Like a Secret is arguably more acclaimed, but I'm more partial to Perfect.)
I was like that with the pixies, I thought what the hell this is so weird and insane. Then as you start to listen you discover the awesome riffs.

Feb 26, 2011
In terms of overall Metal, I'd have to say either Slayer's Reign in Blood or Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast. Not sure about metals various sub-genres, but those two definitely deserve a mention, if nothing else.