What's the Deal With Modern Warfare 2's Multiplayer Beta?

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Tre arch beta'd WAW and that still had tonnes of glitches on nearly all of the maps so an open beta doesn't seem to do much for quality.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Either way, I'm getting this pre-owned, those bastards won't be seeing a sale from m-
You won't have long to wait. The campaign is so short a lot of people will trade theirs in by the end of the first weekend.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
where do they get there excuses from a book i know we will try this one as gamer are stupid and will believe anything we told them as we are making mw2.Price hike down to the pound to euro strength okay that still doesnt make sence.

Suddenly backing off of brutal legend court case.Well we werent going to make hardly any money out it and we didnt want to look bad in the eyes of the public.No you have just realised you had no leg to stand on and have pissed off a lot of gamers would be more than happy for the judge to decide that the jury can run in a beat you to death with large kendo sticks.

and the latest one we dont need a beta we have been working on this game since day one.Well i hope so as i know its hard to even think of but if this game isnt better than cod4 you have a world of problems and it seems more like you guys are saying that we will play mw2 long before you mortals do and guess what we dont really care.

/rant over

see activision im a "normal" slighty violent kinda guy but i have never done a rant on a forum before so i guess this shows how much bad face you have gotten in the industry.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Please, the only thing an open beta will do is let the un-brainwashed people see how identical is is the the last 2, and the brainwashed zombies a chance to figure out the "noob" class and probably have a go with the halo motion sensor *chough* I mean heartbeat sensor.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Keane Ng said:
So far, Infinity Ward, or "I-Dub" as the cool kids are calling it
*loads Winchester rifle* So what are the addresses of these "cool kids" again?

I don't particularly mind, to be honest. I don't remember there being a beta for MW, was there one?

Either way, I'm getting this pre-owned, those bastards won't be seeing a sale from m-

Seriously, "I-Dub"? What?
gratz, you summed up everything i wanted to say in the first post ;)

I-dub is stupid, its like n-dubz, and theyre stupid too

infinity ward is fine

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Oh no, how will I ever go on without having my sexuality questioned by a 12 year old American? /sarcasm

I don't think anybody gives a damn any more. Modern Warfare 2 is already so overhyped it might as well be the second coming of Jesus. I'll stick to what I'm interested in thanks.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Simple answer: don't worry about it, the game is meant to be boycotted and pirated for public use anyway.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
I didn't play the beta for the first Modern Warfare and I never even thought about a beta for this one. So, this makes no difference. Either way, the only thing Infinity Ward seems capable of doing is Call of Duty, and this one thing they do, they do it right. So, I'm not worried.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
They don't need an MP beta because they will be using the same god damn game engine they used for the last two games. Honestly, how much do you think can change? New skins for the soldiers, guns, and maps, and that's it. A grenade still throws like a grenade, a bullet still flies like a bullet. Your game will still end when the fucking host leaves early.

Same old, same old.

muffincakes

Nov 20, 2008
Nimbus said:
paypuh said:
But aren't you doing the same thing when you say MW2 instead of Modern Warfare 2?
Well one is using the first letter of each word,, and the other has nothing to do with the long version. Not really the saame thing.
Actually, they are both kinda similar. I-Dub stands for IW. When you break it down, it is I-Double-U(Infinity Ward). They have just taken out the end of double-u and made it 'dub' instead. Therefore, I-Dub is almost exactly like saying MW2, because they both only use the first letters of each word. Now, that doesn't mean it isn't stupid, because it is, and I will never be calling it that. I just thought I would set the record straight.

xscoot

Sep 8, 2009
Well, considering that the game has had at least 8 game-breaking glitches so far, it's safe to say that IW really fucked up.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
xscoot said:
Well, considering that the game has had at least 8 game-breaking glitches so far, it's safe to say that IW really fucked up.
What would you commit necromancy, man? Why?

xscoot

Sep 8, 2009
Uber Evil said:
xscoot said:
It's better to bump an old thread than spam the forum with a new one.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
xscoot said:
Uber Evil said:
xscoot said:
I'm pretty sure that any thread over a certain age since the last post is OK to restart, although don't take my word for it.

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
xscoot said:
Uber Evil said:
xscoot said:

HEY LOOK AT ME IM KEEPING THIS DEAD THREAD ALIVE!!