What's the meaning of your username?

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
So guys. Whats the meaning of your username?

Mine is after some kind of food product.

Yours?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Red - part of my last name

Lin - part of my first name

5 - favorite letter

Bam. That's all there is to it.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Red - part of my last name

Lin - part of my first name

5 - favorite letter

Bam. That's all there is to it.
I know what you mean, bro. My favourite number is W.

OT: Basically, there was a guy in school in year 8 or so who used to call everyone "John" or some variant.[footnote]He also called all animals some variant of "buffalo" for a while in a trip to Wales, as he was convinced we were actually in Africa. Birds became air-buffalo, sheep became land-buffalo and fish became water-buffalo (which is confusing, as those are already things that exist).[/footnote] It became an in-school meme at around the same time I was first getting onto the internet. I named myself after it and it stuck.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
No meaning, I just wanted a name that wasn't gibberish and is almost guaranteed not to be taken. I don't really like it, but I've used it for so long and I can't think of anything better.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
No real meaning to mine. This was the name of my first LOTRO character, and I kinda just stuck with it as my de facto internet username.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
*shrug*

I've had this username since my CS playing days of yesteryear... 'Boy', because... well, I was a snotty little gobshite i.e. a 'boy' ¬_¬

'Sckizo' because I'm schizophrenic, and 'Schizo' was continually mispronounced by the Malay guy I FPS'ed with, so letter sub.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I need to talk to someone (not sure who) about changing the 'Electro' to 'Hearts'. I just thought it sounded cool and while I do like Electro music, it fitted well with my name.
Eevee is my nickname and one of my favourite Pokemon. EeveeHearts is a sort of contraction (Is that the right word?) of my full name.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I misspelled "Doom" and got this. Then ran with it because it has no meaning[footnote]later I found out it's an Italian word but whatever[/footnote]. That's the short version. The long one is this + extra boring unneeded details.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
My username is the name of one of the female protagonists from Disgaea 4 who was also known as "The angel of avarice" and the 89 is my year of birth. It's as simple as that really.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
A name derived from Bartholomew, referring to Bartholomew Roberts, the most succesful western pirate in history.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Mine is my default personality in real life and a reference to my favorite band's bassist. Cookies are awarded to the person who finds it first.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Colour-Scientist said:
It means 'great wise one' in German.
I think it's quite fitting.
dat avatar

OT: It's a one-liner from an Archie comic.

I know. I suck.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I wrote a dark/horror short story for a literature project and it was described as "a thing of nightmares" (in reference to the content, the quality was "fantastic"). A different project allowed me to make a sequel, and I was asked to make a third when I could (they quite enjoyed it). While handing in a copy of that, I said "here comes the nightmare express!" and the rest is history.

I was originally thinking of my oldschool nickname..."Tank", I think it was.
But alas, too simple a nomenclature for an individual such as I.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
None. I've just always used it. Made it up when I was 14 and started gaming Counter Strike. I've just stuck to it since.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
It was the name of my first WoW character, my usual handle was taken when I first got to this site, now this has become my default handle.

It's Greek for "Free", taken from a character in Steven Pressfield's "Last of the Amazons"