What's the most '80s song?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Two songs come to my mind-

Yeah also the two movies that the songs were in also remind me of the 80's too.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
All the good ones have already been taken, but for a couple more that just scream 80's:

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Bad Jim said:
You silly goose. It's in the second post.
Few! All is right with the world. Sorry I was just blinded by all that eighties.

I'm almost scared to post again, but I'll pick myself up, dust myself off and try again...

I pretty sure this was just a British thing, but nevertheless is still pure 80s.

It's worth pointing out you got a better class of Goth in the 1980s

(We've already had some Siouxie, but we can always have some more).

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
And I think we're all forgetting the true spirit of the 80's...

Stars from the 60s and 70s suddenly sucking badly.

I'm just kidding...The Frog Chorus is great.

May 26, 2014
It's worth pointing out you got a better class of Goth in the 1980s
Damn Straight.

I'll see your Sisters of Mercy post, and raise you a Vision Thing :)

Plenty of decent Cure tracks around in the 80s too

Everyone's favourite dusted down oddballs had a few memorable tracks too

One more mainstream act not yet mentioned (unless I've missed it like a b*llend) are these quintessential 80s dudes, if they aren't included, not sure how I could express my disbelief, and subsequent lack of agreement in the direction of this post ;)

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
The most 80's song i know of, also incredibly weird at the same time...

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
80s? Hmm...I believe this might fit the bill...

Seriously that one screams 80s to me, but of course I don't think we can forget about this little number either.

Jon Clemmons

Jul 8, 2014
This song from a Flock of Seagulls. And homedude's haircut still gives me nightmares.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Whenever someone says 80s, I immediately think of a man dressed as a geisha pirate under a disco ball with gold hands flailing around him roaring about being spun.

...So yeah, I think we can all agree on "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)" by Dead or Alive.
It took until the second page, but someone finally got the right answer. No other song (except maybe for that 'here in my car' song that isn't even so bad it's good) has ever so skilfully combined just about every element of 80s music in one.

If you smashed every 80s song up in a blender, You Spin Me Right Round would be the end result.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
When I think back to the time of my childhood.....that being the 80's.....Mister Mister is usually the first band that pops into my head.

Also, I've spent way too much time at work listening to all the stuff posted here. Ahhhhh...so many memories of when I didn't have responsibilities n shit. Better times in spite of the fashions.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Private Custard said:
This thread needs more classic movie tunes!

sooooooo much these! :D weeeeeee! :D amazing tunes

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
COMaestro said:
All the good ones have already been taken, but for a couple more that just scream 80's:

i guess its from the 80's :p just check the hair on most of them xD

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Someone call Kenny Loggins...
'Cause you're in the dangah zone!
That video too. So many Eighties.

In all seriousness, this is pretty much the Eighties to me. A cheesy, inspiring song with ridiculous production (those cannonfire-drums, so Eighties) for a cheesy film about hyperconfident homoerotic douchebags.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I know I said no movies but after hearing this again several times these past weeks it's become engraved on my mind.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
If I had to pick one song that embodied the 80s (rather than was just popular during them):

It's all there. Horrendous clothes, garish colors, synthesizers, blind worship of the "upper crust", and that big, big hair.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Some great choices by peeps here, as an 80s fan I approve.

First let's get one of the more obvious ones that hasn't been posted yet out of the way:
Oh yeah what a feeling!

But this would be my personal pick of most 80s song that comes to mind at the moment that hasn't been posted yet.

She got bette davis eyes :eek:

Finally bonus choice, inspired by the "reclaiming SJW" thread, this is a REAL warrior!