What's the most exotic meat you've eaten?

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
febel said:
Warlord211 said:
CarlMinez said:
Dude, you shouldn't eat crocodiles. Many breeds are endangered, like the saltwater crocodile, and hunting these crocodiles, whether it be for their skin or their meat is illegal (and of course unethical). Therefore the meat industry that profits from these reptiles should not be supported.

It could be argued that NO meat industry should ever be supported, but yeah you get the picture.
This thread is probably not the place to preach vegetarianism considering we are talking about what MEAT we have eaten. Just saying.

OT: I've eaten crocodile, alligator, eel, deer, frog. I think that is it.

EDIT: Oh yeah buffalo.
How does Buffalo taste?
It's good. I don't know how to describe it except to say it was really tender.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Red-bellied pirahna fish. After I escaped from the Bond-villain's fish tank, I figured, hell, why not?
Okay false, but I did actually eat RB pirahna in the Amazon once.

Infernostrider

Feb 8, 2010
crocodile for me too, but only a single bite..my mom had it at an aussie restaurant and i asked if i could try a piece ^^ was nice though

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Warlord211 said:
CarlMinez said:
Dude, you shouldn't eat crocodiles. Many breeds are endangered, like the saltwater crocodile, and hunting these crocodiles, whether it be for their skin or their meat is illegal (and of course unethical). Therefore the meat industry that profits from these reptiles should not be supported.

It could be argued that NO meat industry should ever be supported, but yeah you get the picture.
This thread is probably not the place to preach vegetarianism considering we are talking about what MEAT we have eaten. Just saying.

My main point was obviously not about vegetarianism

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Probably frog. It actually does taste like chicken.

I take that back. Chicken heart. That is tasty stuff if you know which night market to go to.

Mr Goostoff

Aug 14, 2008
When I went to Iceland, I had hakral. Essentially, it's fermented shark. They slice the shark up, bury it for months, then hang it out to dry. My whole family found it to be repulsive, but it didn't bother me. Not saying it was good, it just wasn't bad.

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
CarlMinez said:
Warlord211 said:
CarlMinez said:

No, but your last point was.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Warlord211 said:
CarlMinez said:
Warlord211 said:
CarlMinez said:

No, but your last point was.
Well, he was hardly preaching vegetarianism, then, if it was his last point. His last sentence was just a footnote, much like your last sentence mentioned buffalo. It doesn't mean your entire post was focusing on buffalo, and I shouldn't read about the other types of animal you've sampled.

OT: I had squid when I was really young. My mum didn't tell me what it was, and when she did I felt like I was going to be sick. Hey, I was young, squids were weird.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Oh, and when did captcha change to solvemedia?

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Chicken hearts? I know it's not very exotic at all but that's it. It was in a friends home, he and his wife are from Brazil and it's a normal food there they told me.

They were alright. Nothing special.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
I have to say either human or lobster is the most exotic meat ive eaten... chewing on myself dosent count as eating does it?

But then again who knows what they serve in the school cafeteria?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'm not sure but I bet it was something I ate while in China. Pretty sure at one restaurant I might have, honest to god, eaten a Mogwai.

Seriously though, Alligator or Snail.