What's the most hipster thing you've done?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Probably thinking Indie games are the driving force of gaming as a whole, which is almost ENTIRELY true. *Yaay, come at me, bros. RAISES MAH FLAMBOYANT SHIELD!!*

Sorry, can never resist. Also, YOU CAN'T PRESS THAT RED BUTTON BECAUSE MANY OTHERS SHARE THIS OPINION, SO PLEASE DON'T!

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
I try to avoid doing anything that could be labeled as 'hipster'.

Because a real punk never sells out.

stvncpr236

Jan 11, 2011
I quite often find my self saying "I listened to/watched him/her/them, before they were famous."
In my defense It's because I genuinely did, and it irritates me a little that I've been listening to a group or artist for a year or so and all of a sudden a bunch of little douche bags are asking me if I've heard of this great "new" band.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I like a fair amount of films and music that some may call obscure, I wear skinny jeans all the time and I love frappuccinos (then again, the Starbucks kind so maybe that balances out the hipsterness).

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Is it hipster to listen to be interested in an underground genre when its something as geeky as chiptune?

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I worked in a tea shop for a couple months.
I drink all my coffee black still.
Started smoking so I could quit (still working on this one)
I have used the phrase "I haven't heard them, but I've heard of them" without irony.
I worked in a CD store and forced customers to listen to obscure stuff and Tom Waits.
I have seen too many black and white and/or silent films.

Yeah I was pretty much the stereotypical hipster in High school, at least I was happy!

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I saw Scott Pilgrim, but that was pretty much the end of my hipster actions since I didn't like it.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
When people ask me what kind of music I listen to, I usually answer "Probably nothing you've ever heard of". It's true though, since most of my music is Japanese.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Grayjack said:
Mentioning that I play other games in the Shin Megami Tensei series that aren't Persona to a friend.
Burn the heritic!

Kidding, I'm on the same terms but none of my friends have even heard of Persona! D:
They call me a hipster for playing it because all of the games they play are either Call of Duty or Fallout. You know, Mainstream titles.
They even call me a hipster when I go back to play PS2 classics because they are more creative than newer games.

Timesplitters and Jak FTW!

LANCE420

Dec 23, 2008
I put a stick on the back of my 1986 Blazer that states "This machine eats hipsters."

Oh wait, that's because I'm a redneck, not a hipster.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
I recently described the music of "Explosions in the Sky" as "instrumental nihilism". (I don't really think that's what EitS is going for, but that's how I feel every time I hear their music).
Needless to say that statement was almost immediately followed by a loud sigh of self-loathing, and then profuse claims that I am not a music hipster I swear stop looking at me like that.
:\

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
I design and knit my own sweaters. I wear ironic tee shirts, I listen to indie music, I read old books.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Back when I first joined the site (y'know, back before it sold out), I pretty much was a hipster in my opinions on stuff. It was actually this place that snapped me out of it :D
Sweet irony? Or you really didn't realize "I was here before it sold out" was a very hipster statement?

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
uhhh well i have hated things that are popular for being popular... well more or less i learned to hate things i once liked in order to distance myself from the fanboys