What's the most inappropiate song you've heard at a wedding or a graduation?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
You know when you're at a wedding or your graduating or witnessing a family member or friend graduate and they play one song that is the complete opposite of the happiness people are supposed to feel?

I have two and they are:
Good Riddance by Green Day (played at every graduation including my own) it baffles me because that song is just a giant fuck you and people don't seem to get it.

Santeria by Sublime, it was played at my cousins wedding and my mom asked me why are you laughing and then I explained to her what the song is about and she started laughing as well.

Sooo what are yours?

zulu.fox

Nov 20, 2011
I remember doing our last day of College (Different from US College) we managed to convince the head to allow us to play the Fresh Price theme when we left!!!

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
That one song about a highway. I have no idea how it goes, But it was sung at my grad.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
This is sort of related.

I work as an Funeral Service Operative (undertaker) and I was doing the funeral for this guy who had been killed in a motorbike accident. Anyway we were waiting at the back of the church, waiting to be given the signal to go down and carry the coffin out of the church as the final piece of music was playing. I have no idea what the song was or who it was by but the lyrics went something along the lines of "...we're picking through the wreckage..." It was so very very hard not to burst out laughing at the inappropriateness of the song considering how the guy died.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I don't really see why Good Riddance is a bad choice. Seems like the content is perfectly reasonable for people who are leaving school and don't plan on looking back.

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
DressedInRags said:
Some old military marching song at my granddad's funeral. It played out when we were quietly shuffling out of the crematorium. It was almost as if he expected us to line up, present arms, and then march out of there in step.
i fail to see the problem.

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
DressedInRags said:
Can't offer any examples from weddings, but I do have one from a funeral.

Some old military marching song at my granddad's. It played out when we were quietly shuffling out of the crematorium. It was almost as if he expected us to line up, present arms, and then march out of there in step.

notsosavagemessiah said:
goddamned du hast by rammstein. military friend of mine had it play while his wife was walking down the aisle.
=D

That's awesome.
no, it isn't. it's fucking stupid and disrespectful. she looked like she wanted to cry the whole time. it's something she never let him forget about either. goddamn she hated that.