What's the Pettiest Thing that made you dislike a game?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
ObsidianJones said:
And given that I bought and actually like World War Z even though I don't like Third Person Shooters any more, I figured I should try new things. Thanks for that and Happiest of Happiest to you as well!
What shooters have you've been playing? If you've been playing nothing, but cover based shooters, you're not going to find a lot of variety. Hit me up sometime, and I will give you some recommendations.

Sep 24, 2008
CoCage said:
ObsidianJones said:
And given that I bought and actually like World War Z even though I don't like Third Person Shooters any more, I figured I should try new things. Thanks for that and Happiest of Happiest to you as well!
What shooters have you've been playing? If you've been playing nothing, but cover based shooters, you're not going to find a lot of variety. Hit me up sometime, and I will give you some recommendations.
Actually, I've been obsessed with first person shooters on the switch. Motion controls feel like they give me more precision than any other scheme. Even mouse.

I've been playing Rico, CoJ Gunslinger, and Doom on the Switch lately.

Not to mention Farpoint using the aim controller in VR, Gun Club, and Blood and Truth.

Truth be told, I'm no good aiming with the thumbstick. But actual training with firearms pays off in those games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
ObsidianJones said:
CoCage said:
ObsidianJones said:
Actually, I've been obsessed with first person shooters on the switch. Motion controls feel like they give me more precision than any other scheme. Even mouse.

I've been playing Rico, CoJ Gunslinger, and Doom on the Switch lately.

Not to mention Farpoint using the aim controller in VR, Gun Club, and Blood and Truth.

Truth be told, I'm no good aiming with the thumbstick. But actual training with firearms pays off in those games.
No problem. Whenever you're ready for 3rd person shooters that aren't covered based, other than Vanquish, let me know.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
ObsidianJones said:
Neurotic Void Melody said:
Figured I should tell you. I bought Persona 5 within the last minutes of the Holiday Sale. I'm really stuck on NFS Heat (my other last minute Holiday Sale purchase), but the way you described it as a game you play to turn your mind off actually clicked with me.

Oh nice! I hope you find it an enjoyable experience, it's got a lot of heart to the story and has a calming disarming effect which is great for late night relaxing play. Though am surprised my wording didn't have an opposite reaction, as i kinda word things like a twat far too often, it's shameful. 😔
Is NFS heat alright? I ain't bothered trying the last 2 releases as EA seem intent on ruining the series with their shitty nickle 'n diming practices, watering down the content and such. The cover art looks visually pleasing at least.

-

Got another on topic addition; after watching Jim Sterling's video showing the advert for Death Stranding with the city completely flooded cause a guy was crying so much at the game....Jesus shite, I cannot understate how badly that type of self-indulgence comes across. The inflated ego one must have to promote their work like that is just plain ugly. Fame and fans have gotten to his head it appears. Quite unfortunate, hubris is very off-putting to me, enough to feel pretty negative towards the game even without having played it.

Oct 22, 2011
I wrote Prey(2017) off because it wasn't Prey 2.

Lemme clear it: Because it wasn't the sequel that Prey 2 teaser promised. Instead of neon, energetic Space Bounty Hunter adventure, we got this sci-fi horror on an abandone space station - cool, but something we've played before. I've mellowed out on it, and i heard Prey(2017) is actually a decent game, and may give it a chance one day, if time allows, but y'know...

OH, and also: It was called Prey. A 2017 sequel/soft reebot(???) to 2006 game, that's called the same as the original game. Oh, and this year came, unrelated most likely, movie, also called 'Prey'. You see the problem now? Stop it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
MrCalavera said:
I wrote Prey(2017) off because it wasn't Prey 2.

Lemme clear it: Because it wasn't the sequel that Prey 2 teaser promised. Instead of neon, energetic Space Bounty Hunter adventure, we got this sci-fi horror on an abandone space station - cool, but something we've played before. I've mellowed out on it, and i heard Prey(2017) is actually a decent game, and may give it a chance one day, if time allows, but y'know...

OH, and also: It was called Prey. A 2017 sequel/soft reebot(???) to 2006 game, that's called the same as the original game. Oh, and this year came, unrelated most likely, movie, also called 'Prey'. You see the problem now? Stop it.
Remember Prey?