Whats the worst line/hammiest delivery youve encountered in a game?

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
TPiddy said:
Lieju said:
Pretty much every line in the original Resident evil game. You can tell the "actors"(I'm using the term loosely there) were reading straight from the paper.

"There are still many rooms in this mansion. That we can't get into. Because they are all locked up"
Oh my god yes! Absolutely brutal! My favorite was when Barry was giving Jill guns and she's like, what about you.... Barry lifts his magnum and yells "I have THIS!".... I can't find a clip of it online but it's hilarious!

EDIT: Yes!!!! At about 3:30!
Barry had so many silly, silly, lines... My favourite is when he goes "This hall is DANGEROUS!" in a middle of a conversation with Jill. Yeah, that well-lit empty hall is really scary. So let's split up and go wander in the zombie-infested corridors instead.

AR34SHOOTER

May 6, 2009
i was playing a game in which you and most of the other characters are black and i was almost burned in a cutscence and my AI buddy said "you were almost fried like chicken!" i was like come on!! o and this line was followed by another guy saying mmmm SERIOUSLY WTF!!!

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
D-Mic said:
TPiddy said:
Oh my god yes! Absolutely brutal! My favorite was when Barry was giving Jill guns and she's like, what about you.... Barry lifts his magnum and yells "I have THIS!".... I can't find a clip of it online but it's hilarious!
Even better from that scene: "It's very powerful, especially against living things."

Also, "the master of unlocking". Tee hee. RE5 has some cringe-worthy dialogue, too.
Yeah, like you're going to shoot inanimate objects with it? :).... Classic... if RE didn't do so much for gaming in general I think it would be one of the great stinkers of that generation.

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Eddie Riggs: "I will now teach you a french kissing."
Funny as hell because it was so hammy.

compensating

May 12, 2009
Every line spoken in Magna Carta 2, my friend bought that game and the dialogue in that game makes me want to quit video games.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Yudas said:
Raiden: It was never going to work out for me. It even rained the day I was born.
Solid Snake: You've got it all wrong. You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
...please tell me that you're making this up.

OT: a lot of the final lines in KH1 and 2.
Ansem:Darkness is the hearts truuueeeee essence.

Riku (kind of): open the door, LEAD ME INTO EVERLASTING DARKNESS
Sora: forget it it theres no way you'retakingKairisheart (the lack of spaces is not a mistake)

and lastly the entire intro of that horrible Zelda game... and the TV show... especially the TV show.

Edit: omg how could I forget
Soras mother: Sora dinners ready, come on down! (waits less than one second for response) Sora?

Yudas

Apr 30, 2009
cabooze said:
Yudas said:
Raiden: It was never going to work out for me. It even rained the day I was born.
Solid Snake: You've got it all wrong. You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

OT: a lot of the final lines in KH1 and 2.
Ansem:Darkness is the hearts truuueeeee essence.

Riku (kind of): open the door, LEAD ME INTO EVERLASTING DARKNESS
Sora: forget it it theres no way you'retakingKairisheart (the lack of spaces is not a mistake)

and lastly the entire intro of that horrible Zelda game... and the TV show... especially the TV show.

Edit: omg how could I forget
Soras mother: Sora dinners ready, come on down! (waits less than one second for response) Sora?
Its not even the worst from that game trust me.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Yudas said:
cabooze said:
Yudas said:
snipp
how is it even physically possible to look at he script and think that it is quite normal for someone to believe that his life is sh*t because it rained when he was born? and how would anyone believe that the appropriate answer is to start talking about lightning in rain and stuff that makes even less sense instead of calling the men in white coats?

Plank of Wood

Oct 26, 2009
"La-le-li-le-lo"

What the hell. Seriously.

Also:

CONGLATURATIONS. YOU HAVE BEATEN A GREAT GAME AND PROOVED THE JUSTICE OF OUR CULTURE.

rondler

Apr 15, 2009
SUCK PAVEMENT! said the bloodthirsty Marcus Fenix. such a great line! you can said it in any topic and it still sound awesome in context.
for example:
Quebec government have more than 730 millions in deficit, what's your position? said the teacher
me: SUCK PAVEMENT!
you see still in context and really awesome!

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Lieju said:
Pretty much every line in the original Resident evil game. You can tell the "actors"(I'm using the term loosely there) were reading straight from the paper.

"There are still many rooms in this mansion. That we can't get into. Because they are all locked up"
Dont forget the infamous, "It's a gun. Its very effective. Especially against living things!"

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Yudas said:
manicfoot said:
Yudas said:

Vamp: how about it undying man? care to die too?
Raiden: I'm sorry but I can't die yet

Meryl Silverburgh: [to Johnny, during firefight] And I want a real wedding! With flowers... and a cake! It was my dream ever since I was a girl.

And a cake!!

Or actually just copy paste 3/4 of the dialogue from MGS4
The "lightning in the rain" bit made me cringe so much. MGS4 is king of bad dialogue. I find it harder to remember the good lines. The only bit I remember liking was Raiden saying "I have NO FAMILY... I... have NOTHING" - very well delivered.
I'd also like to nominate Wesker in RE5. "I can only spare 6 minutes to play with you.." or whatever he says :p
Yeah your right It does have some very good moments too. At the end of the game I really felt for the old guy. 'Snake had a hard life' might have been abit cliche but it fit.
Might have just been me, but I thought the lightning/rain line was cool... yeah it was probably just me...

In the original Fatal Frame, on a recording some guy says monotonously:
".. or perhaps. we've been lured here... to die?"
It's so bad.

Also, this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWvKx1x1pk
I loved it, despite it's ham-ness.

Rshady

Jul 22, 2008
Anything from Dynasty Warriors, especially anything to do with Lu Bu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYWhG6T-pPo

Yudas

Apr 30, 2009
cabooze said:
Yudas said:
cabooze said:
Yudas said:
snipp
how is it even physically possible to look at he script and think that it is quite normal for someone to believe that his life is sh*t because it rained when he was born? and how would anyone believe that the appropriate answer is to start talking about lightning in rain and stuff that makes even less sense instead of calling the men in white coats?
Yeah and considering that all this emo crap comes from a cyborg fricking ninja its becoming way to Japan too fast. Aww the killer robot is sad.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
Most of the dialog in the sonic adventure games was stupidly awful. Fortunately I was only 12 when I played them so I didn't notice.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
Ok, Brutal Legend is filled to the brim with great lines, but...oh hang on...

When Jack Blac...I mean...Eddie Riggs yells "Decapitaaaaaatiooooon!" after slaying Lord Doviculus, a little part of me died inside...

Why? It's epic!

HalcyonUmbra

Oct 9, 2008
Plank of Wood said:
"METAL BOXES?!"
Rhinoes! RHINOES!! Our enemies hide in Metal Bawkses, the cowards, THE FOOLS!!! We...
We should take away their Metal Bawkses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3MttgvHUY

Tri Force95

Apr 20, 2009
Yudas said:
Personally, I like this line.