What's the worst thing to happen to gaming?

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
http://www.mohammadi.ca/media/1/20090428-wow-logo-01.jpg
This, for making people think all gamers are this...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2664/deadboltsizedwo7.jpg
And, of course, making its players into the above.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I have to go with World of Warcraft...
It's not a game anymore.. It's a cash cow.
"Let's make another expansion that gives you two more classes and lets you level your character past level 80!" "Yes" genius... I can smell the money coming already!"
Oh... and and and we'll copy paste environments from previous expansions and retexture them so people don't think "haven't I been here before?"

World Of Warcraft needs to go to hell.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
I say it is fanboys. Illogical and idiot they breed like cock roaches. They also seem just as resilient. Fanboys will never die out.

Aeviv

Jun 13, 2008
Godofgame67 said:
The Lego series. It's Lego's for Christ's sake.
I used to think like that. Then i sat down and seriously game lego star wars a chance and really enjoyed it!

But for me? The worst thing? Ever?

Raiden

Aeviv

Jun 13, 2008
I have to agree with Axia, fanboys arnt good, but probably wont ever die out. Tho i suppose if you go back two thousand years you might see two roman legionaries standing around arguing as to the best type of wench, Roman, Gaul or Carthiginian, just because they were never going to see eye to eye.

*sigh*

Mr. Tibbles

Jun 9, 2009
Ratings are the worst thing to happen to games.

axia777 said:
I say it is fanboys. Illogical and idiot they breed like cock roaches. They also seem just as resilient. Fanboys will never die out.
Cockroach is one word...

FluffX

May 27, 2008
Armored Prayer said:
Jack Thompson. He was the thorn in gaming's side.
Let's just remember that for the time that he was blabbing about "omugvieulant vidumagames killz peoples!" there was no-one better around instead of him.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Et for the Atari.
Pc Gaming (I kid, I kid.)
Used Game Monopoly.
Critical Game Reviews. If I had my own site the rating will be based on how much fun 5 very different people had. One 12 year old. One girl who knows nothing about games. One pro gamer. One Parent. (Fifth is me. If you're a counting nut.)

Mr. Tibbles said:
Cockroach is one word...
Haven't you ever had those parasites that... nevermind.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
The terms 'casual' and 'hardcore' being introduced.
Thats a good point.

I would have to say one of the worst things to happen is the segregation between consoles and PC's. i mean c'mon guys we're all in this war against the Wii together! lol

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
The term "difficult" or "achievement" being synonymous with one's ability perform the same action repetitively for hours on end until they receive the almighty "DING!", where upon they promptly post in game chat and or internet forums like they actually accomplished something, but in reality is roughly translated as "Look how bored I was!"

I'm not talking about trying to make a difficult jump or take down a difficult boss, but more specifically to those games that *REQUIRE* that you farm A & B, then either return to C or proceed to X to make Y so you can finish Z, then you move to Q so you can do it all over again to infinity.

That might be actual game code, which is kinda scary and games designers should be ashamed of themselves for it.

Enai Siaion

Aug 19, 2009
The death of PC gaming, and with it, grassroots development and modding.

The fragmentation of online gaming: every game has online, but most of the time the interface is terrible (*) and there is no way to check in advance how many people are actually online before you buy. Wasted my money on ProStreet when it was released, only to discover about 10 people online at any time. Wasted my money on Demigod only to get disconnected 6 times in a row, after which nobody was even online anymore. Wasted my money on FUEL only to discover exactly zero people online - I think. I have no idea how you can even find other people on the map. Jesus christ.

(*) Dividing the online player pool by patch version? Not letting people join games in progress? Hiding the online option incredibly well? How many people do you think will play your game online anyway?