Whats with the my little pony craze

sseh2661

Feb 19, 2011
This question has probably bee asked already here but i am curious as to what its all about

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Watch the first four epsiodes and you'll find out. Check youtube! They're available fo free!

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Seriously? There's already another pony thread going on this very minute.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.284744-Is-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-good#11217496

However, I will repost my reply from there to here:
It's animation is great, its characters are fleshed out and realised without being stereotypes, the voice acting is phenomenal, the songs are good, the subject matter is excellent, they don't treat the audience like idiots, and the Creator Lauren Faust made it with the intent that adults will be watching it with their daughters, thus she didn't dumb it down.

Lauren Faust was also able to make this happen by telling Hasbro that she wasn't just going to make a twenty minute commercial for the toy-line and actually make people care about what they are buying. Plus, she's the one behind Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, both of which are quite good.

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
Watch them on youtube, but don't watch the first two episodes first, try episodes three and four first instead.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
People like the show, maybe?
*shrugs*

I dunno, I watched the first few episodes and while it was ok, there was nothing really all that special about it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
-See pony craze
-Wonder what it is about without checking the actual series out
-Completely disregard the three hundred threads already made on subject
-??????
-Profit

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
You wouldn't believe how many times this thread has been made. Anyway people saw the show expecting it to be crap and were quite surprised to see it was pretty decent.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
sseh2661 said:
This question has probably bee asked already here but i am curious as to what its all about
Watch and learn:

I suggest watching episodes 1-4 before you decide on the show.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Before we have another explosion of threads wondering why MLP is so popular, I'm just going to link to this thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.284744-Is-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-good] and advise those curious about the craze to take the discussion there. Too many Pony threads too soon tends to upset people which can quickly turn into flame wars.

Don't mean to kill your thread OP, but your question will be answered there I'm sure and it will help cut down on the pony hysteria that tends to grip forums when it's exposed to enough Ponies (due to both Bronies and haters).

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Radoh said:
It's animation is great, its characters are fleshed out and realised without being stereotypes, the voice acting is phenomenal, the songs are good, the subject matter is excellent, they don't treat the audience like idiots, and the Creator Lauren Faust made it with the intent that adults will be watching it with their daughters, thus she didn't dumb it down.

Lauren Faust was also able to make this happen by telling Hasbro that she wasn't just going to make a twenty minute commercial for the toy-line and actually make people care about what they are buying. Plus, she's the one behind Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, both of which are quite good.
Yeah, think this explains it pretty well. Definitely seems to be one of the better internet memes we have going around to.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
sseh2661 said:
Watch and learn:

I suggest watching episodes 1-4 before you decide on the show.
Thanks for posting that. :) I was content in letting this craze slip by me like any other until you made it convenient to see what the hub and the bub was all about. I can say that I'd be comfortable watching this show with my child (if I had one).