Whats with the Rock Paper shotgun hate?

Jack Blackstone

Sep 20, 2014
I am curious to find out why the news site Rock paper Shotgun is "Blacklisted" by Gamers Gate. They are the only website that I can trust the writers to be be truthful in their opinions, no matter how much I disagree. The idea that a small website is causing corruption in the gaming industry is laughable.

AlouetteSK

Sep 4, 2014
Hello, this is from the megathread on GamerGate. Make of it what you will: http://www.littletinyfrogs.com/article/457616/Gamergate_and_the_RPS_response

If you take RPS as an individual site, sure, it's not that big a deal. However, recent accusations are arising that they, along with a bunch of other game journalism sites, are colluding to determine the narrative portrayed. People got suspicious when discussion on several sites, including 4chan of all places, got censored. There's still a reddit graveyard on a TotalBiscuit tweetlonger to ask for everyone to hold their fire. People got suspicious when a bunch of articles came out within 24 hours all declaring the "Death of the Gamer". Check out the megathread in Off-Topic if you're interested.

Captcha: my Social Security
... Better make sure all my stuff is secure.

firebobm173

Jul 11, 2013
Jack Blackstone said:
I am curious to find out why the news site Rock paper Shotgun is "Blacklisted" by Gamers Gate. They are the only website that I can trust the writers to be be truthful in their opinions, no matter how much I disagree. The idea that a small website is causing corruption in the gaming industry is laughable.
They stood up against gamergate and the attendant harassment. All they did was say that they were going to be inclusive, not tolerate harassment and analyze games from an artistic and subjective point of view. You can read what they said here [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/09/08/videogames-are-for-everybody/]. Personally I think that they were being brave to take a stance against this and that they are totally in the right here.