What's your 2 am food?

Apr 25, 2009
Spoonful of peanut butter if I'm really hungry and just need calories, I don't eat at night. Maybe a cup of green tea to wash it down.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
You are saying it is going to get delivered to me? Then I want home cooked Persian food, saffron rice, chelo kabob, mastomusir, and Iranian salad.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Amir Kondori said:
You are saying it is going to get delivered to me? Then I want home cooked Persian food, saffron rice, chelo kabob, mastomusir, and Iranian salad.
Haven't really tried any persian that I can recall, what's it like, and what do you eat with it?

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
shinyelf said:
Amir Kondori said:
Haven't really tried any persian that I can recall, what's it like, and what do you eat with it?
It is amazing. Go on Yelp and find a Persian restaurant that is well reviewed and go try the food. Really, really good stuff, my favorite type of food. Rice comes with most dishes, it is pilaf so not like asian sticky rice, the grains don't stick to each other. Then you have kabob, lamb which is amazing, and lots of other dishes, like stews and stuff. Make sure to order mastomusir, which is like a garlic yogurt, and eat it with your main meal. It sounds weird but it is great. Also order tadig, which is crispy rice or bread from the bottom of the rice pan. Many restaurants give you the option to have stew with it but I say just get the tadig.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Amir Kondori said:
It is amazing. Go on Yelp and find a Persian restaurant that is well reviewed and go try the food. Really, really good stuff, my favorite type of food. Rice comes with most dishes, it is pilaf so not like asian sticky rice, the grains don't stick to each other. Then you have kabob, lamb which is amazing, and lots of other dishes, like stews and stuff. Make sure to order mastomusir, which is like a garlic yogurt, and eat it with your main meal. It sounds weird but it is great. Also order tadig, which is crispy rice or bread from the bottom of the rice pan. Many restaurants give you the option to have stew with it but I say just get the tadig.
Sadly I live in a tiny country that doesn't really have that many different types of restaurants, I've been looking for a good noodle place for over a year, and nothing still.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
shinyelf said:
Amir Kondori said:
Sadly I live in a tiny country that doesn't really have that many different types of restaurants, I've been looking for a good noodle place for over a year, and nothing still.
Which country is that?

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
Deliver? Nah man, DIY.

My favorite is the stash of Ramen which I break out when there is chicken leftovers. Chop up the chicken, add the steamed vegetables, tastes great. And a tall glass of water.

But if I had to deliver, there was once this gas station I lived near out west that made some killer burgers and fries. Jalapenos, mayo, tomato, all completing each other.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It's 1:07 right now, and I just ate an entire Hamburger Helper skillet dinner by myself. This happens often. Come at me.

Thiel

Nov 5, 2011
It's 1:35 a.m. and I could really go for some pho right now. Pho or a good ramen soup. Not anything like Mr. Noodles, I'm talking ramen soup with a miso base, egg, nori, corn, bits of pork and all that jazz. Now I know what I want for dinner tomorrow. :D

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I draw the line at 1am for snacking but I'll be dammned if some fried chicken at 2am doesn't sound bomb as fuck.

DocJ

What am I doing here?
Jun 3, 2014
Last night it was S&V Pringles with Coca~Cola. And it was pretty nice, so that.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Amir Kondori said:
Which country is that?
Denmark. I live in the third biggest city and there is, as far as I have found, not a single japanese place that sells something that isn't sushi, or any korean places at all. Kinda sad.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Pork fucking pies... damn I can't get enough of them! Pork and pickle are my favourite.

That and crisps. Crisps are a go to food for any time of the day.

(Add a pickled egg to the menu and, yes, it is pretty much pub snack central from the 70s and 80s in my house!)

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
pff, delivery? I can't afford that.

I just have cookies or ice cream. Or cheesecake if I have it.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
sky14kemea said:
pff, delivery? I can't afford that.

I just have cookies or ice cream. Or cheesecake if I have it.
Free of charge, you want authentic japanese ramen delivered straight from Tokyo? You've got it.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
shinyelf said:
Amir Kondori said:
Which country is that?
Denmark. I live in the third biggest city and there is, as far as I have found, not a single japanese place that sells something that isn't sushi, or any korean places at all. Kinda sad.
That is cool, I have always wanted to visit Denmark. I looked online and found a Persian restaurant in N?rrebro as well as in Aarhus. They both looked pretty good.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
It would probably be an apple and some almond butter. It is my favourite snack, and a handy go to if I need a quick bite to eat. I don't tend to go for deliveries, as I prefer to go into the store and pick it up myself, and I'll be damned if I am venturing outside at 2AM in my neighbourhood.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Artina89 said:
It would probably be an apple and some almond butter. It is my favourite snack, and a handy go to if I need a quick bite to eat. I don't tend to go for deliveries, as I prefer to go into the store and pick it up myself, and I'll be damned if I am venturing outside at 2AM in my neighbourhood.
How do you eat it? Do you spread the butter on the apple or...?