Jul 9, 2010
You decided to make a 2d platformer for X-BOX- live QUICK WHATS YOUR GIMMICK

(cant use ones thats already been taken

sillohuets (spelled wrong)
time travel
speed
telekinesis
)
my gimmick would be that the main characters has the abilty to stop another damn 2d platformer from coming on x-box live i mean do they not know the graphical abilities or....?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
The one I'm making is also a point and click adventure type game, mainly because I liked point and click adventures but I thought they were really slow and bored me after a while, so adding a bit of speed and platforming skill would make it better.

It's mostly a PnC though, but I'm building the platformer side first then adding PnC things.

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
*thinking*
*thinking*
*still thinking*
Ah-HA!
You are about to be married to your sweetheart, it's the wedding day and everything's going your way (you even managed to lock up her mother-in-law), but WAIT!-in the wedding procession, oh no, it's the witchdoctor (you're on a tropical island btw, makes deciding on the background an easy mix of jungle, cave, and evil-jungle) that looks stereotypically evil! How did he get through security!? Thought you were going to live happily ever after? Well the witchdoctor thinks otherwise, because he's had his eye on your significant other for a while now and he's placed a curse on you!
Oh no! My God you look ghastly!

He's cursed you with the spirit of the beast, and the only way to get yourself cured is to journey to the top of the volcano and collect the fruit of the Eyakyak tree and have the evil witchdoctor's good twin make it into a potion to heal you. But as you start out on your adventure, you realize that there are some pretty tough obstacles along the way, specifically a rather long pit whose depth is probably endless due to the camera angle. Things seem hopeless, so you sulk under a palm tree about your lost hopes and dreams... until something strange begins to happen. You begin getting hungry. But not your regular old run-of-the-mill kind of hungry, oh no, this kind of hunger is awakening something, something that wasn't there before that evil man put that curse on you. You imagine how wonderful the Eyakyak's fruit must taste and the motivation is beginning to do some strange things to your body. You begin feeling empowered. You feel like you could conquer the world!

But more importantly, you feel wings sprouting on your back, begging to take flight for the first time. Giving in to this urge, you find yourself flapping across the pit, faster and faster, and a banana tree begins to take shape as the camera pans across the screen. Your stomache was rumbling before, but it's turned to desperation! You need that food, you MUST satisfy the beast within you! You go from awkwardly steering a bike on your very first ride to manically trying to keep a veering rocket-ship from swiveling in all different kinds of directions, and if you don't hit ground and devour those delicious fruits now, you don't know what will happen when you lost control!

Gulping down those fruits cemented a deal with your inner beast, loose contract of sorts. He wants that Eyakyak fruit as much as you do-on a primal level, even more- and he is willing to lend you his powers in the hopes of accomplishing that goal. But be wary, without something to satiate the beast each time you call upon him, the powers you unlock will take over and you may never see your beloved again...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Stretchy limbs and online co-op. You're partner can walk across you're limbs to help solve puzzles!

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
I would create a 2d-style arcade game bearing rudimentary similarites to the first Super Mario Bros, except from anywhere of five to twenty seconds all of the button functions would randomly change without telling you.