Whats your accent?

Jul 2, 2008
My accent varies depending on how I feel. When I'm angry, my mexican accent begins to appear. If I'm excited, my voice becomes high pitched. When I was younger, people on Xbox Live would think I was a girl.

Revernd Awesome

Dec 30, 2008
I'm right on the south coast of England, so I have a pretty posh British accent, which I'm rather proud of. Oh how I do enjoy being fawned over when I travel to the states.

If I ever spend time with my family, I tend to come back speaking with a slight Italian accent which apparently always sounds weird because even though I am half Italian, you couldn't tell by looking at me.

I'd kill for an Irish accent.

Although why any of you lot would care about this is beyond me.

Sarcastic Chimp

Sep 3, 2008
Frater Perdurabo said:
I am accentless. Being greek gives me the advantance of speaking english without a confusing accent. Drop a man born and raised in Yorkshire England in south Texas and he wont be able even to order a glass of water to save his life. Also only women should have accents
I can't go to Texas then....damn.....I've got a north Yorkshire accent

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Mild to regular Scouse accent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse) with a tendency to use overcomplicated sentences.

Crowghast

Aug 29, 2008
I'm an ambiguous person, anonymity is my shield, acting my sword, I make due with whatever accent I have the capacitry to voice. But... yea.

My original accent is a Western United States mumble, barely audible, often hoarse, with a pleasant tinge of Californian and full of sardonics and shouts. So, Yea. That's it.

mathias53

Mar 25, 2008
mathias53 said:
faselei said:
mathias53 said:
Ok so you have a British accent, and i have an American one, do we sound strange and you sound normal to you? Like for us the British accent sounds odd and almost alien (ok alien and odd arent the best words but just bear with me) but to you does British sound normal and American sound odd? Do you notice you have an accent? For me i dont think i have an accent and i think most Americans think the same way because of ignorance but to you do we seem like we have an accent and you dont?
There are tens of accents in Britain and Ireland, mainly based on geography but also social class. Accents can develop within only a few generations and if people don't move around much they stay. My family are from the north east of England, and i can hardly understand them, when i'm drunk i sound like a Victorian cockney chimney sweep because that's where i grew up in London, but i have been living in the South West where they talk like pirates (or rather pirates talk like them) and so sometimes this slips in... you can tell a hell of a lot by how someone talks in the UK, its a bit weird because you drive 50 miles and everyone is talking differently all of a sudden ... :eek:
but thats not what i am talking about, what im saying is does anybody with a british accent think that americans have the accent and british people dont. Most americans will say that they dont have an accent but british people do, thats because most americans are ignorant. Do people with a british accent think the same way, that british people do not have an accent but americans do, or are americans just snobs?
like i said "alien" is not the correct term. but you did answer my question so thank you. Maybe to you your accent sounds ordinary but my american accent sound not ordinary?

Charby

Jan 8, 2009
Geordie :) from Newcastle in the UK. It's the accent that is made fun of a lot here, but apparently it's seen as trustworthy.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
I have an increadiblt slight southern accent that comes out every now and then on top of a London accent when I start swearing or am pissed.

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
I have an Ontarioian accent, deeper and stronger than most. I am told that I have a good voice for news, though I need to pay attention to my speech as I tend to talk quickly and mumble.