What's Your Current Favorite Song?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Guffe said:
Mine hasn't changed in a loooong time!
Whenever someone askes for favorite song I always give them 2 songs, because 1) I can't choose between them and 2) they are two such different songs that deciding would jut be ridiculous anyways.
Well then you fail at this topic, as the objective was to actually put some thought into it and give one song, not two.
Well I tried to explain myself why I had 2, hope that gives some + points in your book even though I apparently failed horribly.

I'm not going to get into any musical discussions since those always fail horribly, but you're right, the OP asked for my favorite song. I told you I have two equal, If you look up any "favorite song/music" thread from the past 3 or 4 years and I have answered that thread, the answer will be the same there.

And I have put a lot of thought into it, I hate comparing things, if you go on about which of these movies/music/anime/books are better, then you will most likely get the same answer from me again. I won't cross genres, because that never works, hence why I have two favorite songs.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
At this particular moment in time?
The singer from Halestorm and Lindsey Stirling? yes please.

Probably will change by next week. I'm bad at pickings favourites of anything.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Right now, this song's hitting me pretty hard. Not my usual style, but the context in which you hear it...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh that's easy at the moment. In a mash-up that you would think really shouldn't work but by god it does, I present to you Shake It Off (The Perfect Drug) - Taylor Swift and Nine Inch Nails.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Since I have to pick just one, here's a song I've been listening to a lot in the past week:

das_n00b

Jun 18, 2014

Midnight - lord in chains

I've kept this in heavy rotation because of the heavy but not overly flashy guitar work.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011

I changed my favorite song for now. Studio track of this just got released and sounds quite nice.

I actually like the previously leaked Amoeba live version a bit better though. Regardless, very enjoyable song.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess it would be this-

I find the chorus part to be catchy (woah oooh oohh).

Strangly I find that the Gundam Build opening songs to be consistant (all good) since the past Gundam show openning can be a hit or miss sometime!

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
I would say

on the radio:

Vance Joy - Riptide.

My personal favorite right now is Underneath Ground by the Gaslight Anthem

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
right now it's

but it's not my favourite of all time, just the one I like most of the new stuff I've found in the last few months.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
It changes constantly. I'd find it too hard to even come up with a top 20 favourite songs. However, recently the second opening of Durarara has been stuck in my head.

Probably cause I'm watching the show right now... it's amazing. Go watch it.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I have 3 tracks that I overplay at the moment. They are all electronic, which is odd as I usually have at least 1 other genre of song in whatever deck of current favourites... Apologies though, only one is technically a song, one of the others have lyrics but not sung, and the 3rd doesn't have lyrics!

Walking with Elephants by Ten Walls... House music needs more horn!
Partly because it is so good, and partly because she is stunning!
This started a new craze of me listening to Grime... I quite like it now!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
Marter said:
Why? Because it's T-Swizzle, duh. Who doesn't love her?
Don't tell me. I don't wanna know.
I hated T Swift. I hated her with the passion of...well...not that much but I really didn't like her or her "I'm 25 but I have nothing to sing about besides falling in and/or out of love like a 16 year old who watched one too many Disney films" whiny bullshit.

Now maybe she's fooling me but both the songs I've heard from her (Shake it Off and Blank Spaces) I've really liked BECAUSE she seems to kind of get how incredibly silly she's been. Maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear but she seems to be actively mocking herself in both those songs and it makes me like her a LOT more because of it. I mean...not enough to buy her CD but I don't instantly change the channel anymore during my radio station flip around when she's on so....progress?
I also like her latest single "Style." It's a really interesting take on celebrity romance, how much it sucks but also how exciting it can be. Plus it's a pretty dark sounding song, not somber or sad, just... dark. That's unusual for her.

But enough gushing about Taylor Swift, Uptown Funk is the one song I can't stop grooving too, and I NEVER groove!

Oh Bruno Mars, just... never make your own music ever again and let this Ronson fellow do it for you. Please.