What's your favorite Strategy Game Unit quote? :)

hedges1001

Mar 17, 2010
3 for me
1) disgaea's prinnies with dood
2) laharl's laugh from disgaea
3) welkin from valkyria chronicles SQUAD 7 .... MOVE OUT!!

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
beema said:
Since it appears most people are posting RTS and not Strategy I guess I will go with:

STOP POKING ME!!!!!

There's definitely some good ones from the Red Alert series that I can't think of offhand though.
I just have to ask...how is Real Time Strategy not a strategy game?

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Enrathi said:
I dunno, isn't that a thing forum nerds get all bent out of shape about?
I never play traditional Strategy, so my only reference points for this thread come from RTS, so I was worried I wouldn't have something to post, but since everyone else was posting RTS it didn't matter.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
ALL I SEE IS DARKNESS!!! Oh! My hood is down. (Acolyte from Warcraft 3)
Also anything from the elf priests ("Scalpel...Sponge...Magic wand...").

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
There are too many quotes from Dawn of War to even begin choosing my favourite so instead I will pick one which was rare and filled with me with warm joy.
"Spoiky boyz a'comin'!"

Orks sometimes said this at the sight of Chaos Marines.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
"Chaos is STROOOONG!!"-The Chaos cultists from DoW 1. The way he says it is just so over the top.

Runner ups include: "Orks Orks Orks Orks"-Orks, obviously, from DoW1.

"Carrier has arrived"-Protoss Carrier, Starcraft 1

"Well, I guess we could try to distract it....or something...."-Engineers, when ordered to attack a tank, in Company of Heroes.

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
beema said:
Enrathi said:
I dunno, isn't that a thing forum nerds get all bent out of shape about?
I never play traditional Strategy, so my only reference points for this thread come from RTS, so I was worried I wouldn't have something to post, but since everyone else was posting RTS it didn't matter.
I guess some people might, but to me RTS, TBS, and SRPG are all strategy games. Though I admit that SRPG could be considered RPG instead by its very nature (to me it's both and they qualify for a discussion of either).

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
Anything from Red alert 2. yuris revenge and even Red alert 3 had some good ones.

My favorite one? So many to choose from but the one that jumps to my mind is "Consricpt reporting"

Oldmanwillow

Mar 30, 2009
Who gave you permission to die. Dawn of war 1

Stop bleeding and fight back.

Enemies of the Imperium, hear me. You have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win. The Emperor has given us his greatest weapon to wield. So make yourselves ready. We are the First Kronus Regiment, and today is our Victory Day.

If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
The NOD rocket guys in C&C 3

"We've got the rockets!"

Just as fucking well, I didn't train you to throw your clothes at the bastards.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Eifla said:
In other words, which unit's dialogue and speech do you like? Which sends shivers down your spine, or birth's dread in your heart, or simply makes you lulz?

Mine would have to be Dark Crusade's Grey Knights, there is nothing more inspiring and uplifting than hearing them cry: "THIS IS THE JUDGMENT OF THE RIGHTEOUS! SCUM!" as they charge into battle, bolters blazing.

Or perhaps the Volskgrandiers from Company Of Heroes, the tired, battle weary cynicism and irritation of the squad leader, never failing to make me giggle.

"Yeah, when it's clicking like that.....You Have To Re-load".

"Volskgranadiers assembled..... For what its worth...."

And who could forget Rome:Total War's ridiculous:

"TRIARIIIII!"

So Escapees, tell me, what's your favorite quote? ;)
I second the Gray Knights and Triarii, and raise you a Commissar.

"Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!"