What's your favorite transformation sequence?

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
wellll transformers sort of win no matter what.

majoras mask transformations are as awesome as they are utterly harrowing.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
marginal said:
I kick it old school.

Eh, I think the new version does it better. It just seems more...mystical.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I remember when I was young waiting all day at school so I can come home and see this transformation.

The greatest transformation of all time.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
Tsukuyomi said:
Props for the Panty and Stocking transformation. I still need to finish that series...

Personally? One of my favorites is a BIT lame, but it still sticks with me for the sheer shock value/"Holy SHIT am I old..."

Hey, Tommy isn't lame. He's the friggin Chuck Norris of Power Rangers.
I grew up on power rangers as a kid and I still dig em (I'm 19 btw)
I mean, giant robot/monster fights, martial arts, and an unecessary amount of pyrotechnics? Uh, best kids show EVER. Plus Tommy is a BAMF. None of my friends understand how cool they were :(

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
Don Savik said:
I grew up on power rangers as a kid and I still dig em (I'm 19 btw)
I mean, giant robot/monster fights, martial arts, and an unecessary amount of pyrotechnics? Uh, best kids show EVER. Plus Tommy is a BAMF. None of my friends understand how cool they were :(
Mostly I just see it the same way as I see watching a Godzilla film. You're not there to see realistic effects. You're there to sit back and have a good time. It need not be complicated or deep. Dunno why I was drawn to the stuff as an adult but I am. I guess it's just a relic of my childhood or something. Either way, the rabbit hole for the Power Rangers-ish genre goes pretty deep and into some kinda interesting places if you're open-minded enough to look, or to ask someone in the know. But just to blow some minds, I'll drop this, since I can't find anything but bloody toy reviews on Youtube...

http://www.dorkly.com/video/12572/every-power-ranger-ever-in-epic-battle

Yeah...first try counting the ones you know/remember. Then count the ones you DON'T. I'll leave it at that.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
It pleases me to see how often the Transformers movie has popped up in this thread.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
You want a transformation? I'll give you a truly epic one.

It's not everyday that someone becomes the grim reaper...or is it? Oh, well. Still epic.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Ryan Kerr said:
The one in American Werewolf in London, that really stuck with me.
Definately. What I would've given to be one of the first people to watch that film, and have my mind blown.

marginal

Mar 21, 2009
Asita said:
marginal said:
I kick it old school.

Eh, I think the new version does it better. It just seems more...mystical.

I'm sorry, I disagree. It's the voice that does it for me. The new one just doesn't sound as menacing or as bad ass.

Elidibus

Apr 15, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
As the title suggests, what are some of your favorite transformation sequences in fiction?

Are you into the brief transformations for Transformers? Or maybe you like the evolution sequence for Pokemon? Aw, who am I kidding? I'm sure more than a few are going to say "Goku turning into Super Saiyan".

Here's a really underrated transformation:

What about you guys?
Dude! I was totally gonna post this one as soon as I read this thread title. But I was gonna be all hipster about it and be like "Well you guys probably never heard of this transformation." Imagine my surprise when I saw it was the very first one :)

BTW that show rocked. It was a little too corny at times, but still kinda neat.

Sep 14, 2009
Tsukuyomi said:
Props for the Panty and Stocking transformation. I still need to finish that series...

Personally? One of my favorites is a BIT lame, but it still sticks with me for the sheer shock value/"Holy SHIT am I old..."

sdkja;tsdfkj;asdfkj;asfdjk fuck yes. thank you for reminding me of the cheesy awesomeness of power rangers

OT:

first time i saw that, i think i exploded. yup shit had gotten so real that my head exploded.

DoctorFrankenStein

Jul 4, 2011
octafish said:
Rick Baker is the master. Fuck that CGI shit, this is how it is done.

On the moors, we were attacked by a lycanthrope, a werewolf. I was murdered, an unnatural death, and now I walk the earth in limbo until the werewolf's curse is lifted.
Love that movie. Though I'm a bigger fan of 'The Howling'. I like the upright werewolf better as a final form.
"Can't tame what's meant to be wild doc, taint' nat-ural..."