What's your favourite Final Fantasy job class?

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Ever since Kain Highwind, Dragoons have been my favorite.

Classes that combine magic and fighting like the Red Mage or FF5's Mystic Knight are really cool as well.

Trendkill6

Dec 14, 2008
I like Dragoon because they are just a damaging dealing powerhouse, especially in FFXI

...Pentathrust O_O

Calatar

May 13, 2009
Only FF game I've played is FFX, and I found that Summoner was just plain ALWAYS the best class to have in your party. Granted in FFX you can gain the abilities from any other class through the sphere grid. But Summoning is a unique skill. Yuna started out as the party healer (which is damn useful), and then moved into Black Mage territory to become a fearsome magic-user, then moved into thief territory for some thieving prowess and dodging ability.

Is there any other character who could summon an Aeon and deal over 300,000 damage in one turn (Anima)? Or even possibly 15x 99,999 damage (Magus Sisters)? Was there any other character who could insta-kill anything (Yojimbo)? I think not. Most of the other characters had their damage max out at 9,999 until you (annoyingly) found all the parts to their ultima weapons.
Even when you did max out their weapons, your damage rarely went above 30,000.

She just got broken once I unlocked Holy, Flare and Doublecast.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
Thief. No matter what, I like including one because I like to steal items off of enemies and sometimes bosses.

I also liked the Dancer in FF Tactics, but only because her illustration in the instruction manual was hot and she had beautiful hips. (I'm into nice waist to hip ratios in girls)

[http://photobucket.com/images/dancer%20tactics]

-BloodRush-

Dec 15, 2009
i like the blue mage and thief.

the idea of taking/learning from your enemies as a means of defeating them is interesting.

APLovecraft

Jan 13, 2010
geldonyetich said:
I'm thinking the OP just wanted to post that pic ;)
you would be correct in assuming that, though i do have a concise argument for the red mage....mostly concerning the pimptastic hat and rapier :)

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
<3 Summoner.
Hell the only reason I picked up FF11 in the first place.
A certain charm about calling mythical beasts to do your bidding.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Well, I have only played Tactics, and I have this thing for my Ninja. She's so fast and has got a good attack. So I pick that!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Sword Saint, or, Holy Swordsman in the original translation. I don't know if this counts, as it's one-of-a-kind job class exclusive to Orlandeau, but it's awesome all the same. How can you possibly compete with a knight who can destroy every piece of armor you're wearing and then fry you to a crisp with Divine Ruination?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Space Spoons said:
How can you possibly compete with a knight who can destroy every piece of armor you're wearing and then fry you to a crisp with Divine Ruination?
With a gun.

:D