What's your game/disappointment of the year?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
azadiscool said:
or Assassin's Creed 2 (so long!!).
I'm sorry, are you seriously insulting a single player game for providing you with a lot of gameplay?

Anyway Game of the Year : Assassins Creed 2.

Brilliant game, excellent core mechanics, interesting storyline and it actually took me longer than a day to beat (unlike Modern Warfare 2!)

Disappointment: Star Ocean : The Last Hope. A terrible game, particularly after the excellent Infinite Undiscovery - with an abysmal storyline, fun yet unrewarding combat and annoying characters this game is awful.

Nazz3 said:
GOTY: Uncharted 2. I havent played it yet :p but im getting it at Xmas and it looks great

I doubt you have played them fanboy
The irony speaks for itself...

Caliostro said:
And it's still inferior in every way. "DEAL WITH IT".
Really? Because even the more hardcore PC enthusiasts I know admit that platforming games like Assassins Creed play better on consoles...but then again the moronic fanboy/troll...

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
game of the year: fallout goty
disappointment of the year , re5 for murdering the gameplay and story like code veronica , disappointment of the century if not for co-op mercenaries

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
disappointment of the year , re5 for murdering the gameplay and story like code veronica , disappointment of the century if not for co-op mercenaries

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Game of the Year: Arkham or Tales of Vesperia
Disappointment: Dragon Age... Hey! I see you guys over there with your torches and pitchforks! ... please dont hurt me :(

Darmort

Mar 16, 2009
Game of the year; Dragon Age: Origins.

Disappointments; Resident Evil 5, Prototype, ODST, Modern Warfare 2.
All massively hyped and none of them had the gameplay to back themselves up for the price.
Well, Modern Warfare 2 DID, but the campaign was a bucket of crap...

era81

Jun 11, 2009
I don't know how I am saying this but MW2.I loved it but I think I wanted more out of the single player.The whole stupid fucking story not interfering with how fun the game is even with only the single player well at least multi goes to level 70.

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
AWAR said:
its good ol' cod4 style gameplay that never gets old...
Play COD4? You'd save a bit of money as well...
My disappointment would probably be Killzone 2. Sure, it looked pretty, but gameplay was meh-ish

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Haven't played too many gaems this year. But best I played this year is probably Fallout 3.
And the worst game was Prototype although it wasn't much of a disappointment due to my lack of high hopes in the first place.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
I like how everyone is bashing MW2, yet it's still going to end up as the GOTY or something.

Best games of the year : Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age.

Son, I am dissapoint : Prototype.

Also FFS they kill off three PCs
Three? I counted two.

Allen and Roach. The guy in space isn't a PC, he doesn't even have a name.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Game of the Year and Disappointment of the year were both MW2.

At the start it wowed me, and I loved the single player, completed it. Then I loved spec ops and completed the SANE missions with friends. It's single player - though short - is definitely Game of the Year for me, as I enjoyed every moment of it.

Then I played online and found it really unfair to new and old players. And didn't like many things about it so I was really disappointed.

Tron900

Sep 10, 2009
Black mesa source.

It was due for "fall 2009", then "end of 2009", then "we're going for the "when its done approach" but were aiming for end of 2009"

well x-mas is just around the corner, and doubts are its going to be released by Dec 31st, what with all the holidays and everything.

It is a mod and those guys at BMS don't us anything, to which my admiration to their determination and diligence goes out.....but don't set the bar so high for yourselves guys.

RadioActiveChimp

Mar 3, 2009
Editos said:
Game of the year: Uncharted 2. Its simply amazing.
Disappointment of the year: MW2 or ODST. Probably ODST.
how was ODST a disasppointment? how much did you hype it up? disappointing price perhaps, but the game was great.

ot: best game of the year....out of ODST, Forza 3, AC2, MW2, and L4D2...prop L4D2
biggest disappointment...MW2. the story feels like an 80's action flick to me, and no lan support! and some lame maps. still an 8.8 or 9.0 game for me though, so that says alot about this year!

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
apologies for the multiple post, my web browser malfunctioned and my internet connection kept disconnecting, (the same happened in another thread)

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
GoTY for me is either Batman AA, Assassins Creed 2, or Dragon Age Origins.

Disappointment for me is Mercenaries 2.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
SimuLord said:
My GotY and DotY are the same game---Empire: Total War. Great game, as I'd expect from a Total war title, but the way Creative Assembly handled the patching process and the poor naval combat made it terribly disappointing as well.
This

and the fact that every AI was pisspoor until recently, when the LAST EVER UPDATE before they dropped it merely improved Campaign AI, so now you'd have to face off against retarded soldiers on the battlefield...but for valid reasons

CHRIST that game was a fail and a half

Monkeytacoz

Sep 22, 2009
Game of The Year for me: L4D2 or Brutal Legend

disappointment: Wolfenstien ( WHY???), Red Faction Guerrilla ( such potential )