What's Your Geeky Ringtone?

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
My ringtone is Moskau by Dschingis Khan.ha

And my message tone is the codec noise from Metal gear.

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
maybe not too geeky, but i just love the funny looks i get from people when they hear it.

the theme song to dawson's creek. (i don't wanna wait, for our lives to be oveeer)

Sieni

Aug 8, 2009
I've been using Never Going to Give You Up as my ringtone for a few months now, and it's actually starting annoy me a bit.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Queen Michael said:
I don't have a cell phoe. Nobody wants to call me anyway.
*sigh*
Same here. When I need to call someone, I just use the house phone. I also hate talking on the phone.

When I did have a cell phone, my ring tone the "Song of Storms" from Ocarina of Time. Then I got bored so I put it back to one of the generic ones. Then I disconnected my service.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
The classic Tetris theme tune.

My message alert is the "secret-found" sound off Zelda.

psyniac_123

Sep 10, 2008
Duane and BrandO's Mega Man 2 rap, but I cut the intro off so it goes straight into it.

My text tone is the Robot Master Introduction jingle, and my wallpaper is the Blue Bomber himself :D

BeefSquid

Mar 25, 2009
For everyone- Sandstorm by Darude.
Certain people- BBgun by Roger Alan Wade
And Sms- MATT DAMON from Team America

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I have several, dedicated to different people. Leisure Suit Larry theme, from LS1. Space Quest Theme. Some R2D2 sounds. A few Last Unicorn clips. Mario, a whole bunch of Mario. The treasure sound from Zelda. All the Locoroco songs for each of the colors. And most recently, some Alistair Oghren conversations, the inappropriate ones. My phone is the best device for humiliating myself. I enjoy it.

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
Ringtones are NOT geeky. Unless you upped the midi file yourself of course :) . . . over SSL. But yeah, that's like calling a 360 Avatar clothing purchase geeky . . . an oxymoron. Geeky achievements entail more intelligence/effort than ordinary ones :)

awmperry

Geek of Guns and Games
Apr 30, 2008
My default ringtone is Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll". When my fiancee calls, it plays "For Once In My Life" (Stevie Wonder if it's her South African phone, the Sinatra/Knight version if it's her Swedish one). If my sister calls, it's "Kung Fu Fightin'". For my dad, it's the band of the Royal Marines performing their Drum & Bugle Display.

Text messages prompt the Star Trek TNG door chime. And in car mode, it overrides the ringtone for all callers (I drive a very noisy 1987 ex-military Land Rover) with a TNG red alert klaxon.

All in all, ringtones that do the job, are easily heard and distinguished, and not a frog between them.

_tinned_magpie_

Feb 19, 2010
My ringtone is the Thunderbirds theme, which I'm starting to think I need to change.

Slightly funnier is my text alert, which is the noise a Murloc makes. It surpassed itself last week when my phone went off in a lecture, prompting some guy from the other side of the room to yell: "Kill it!" By watching who cracked up and who didn't, you could play a game of Spot-The-Geek.

nomplech

Feb 10, 2010
I don't have a geeky ringtone anymore. I used to have GlaDOS saying, "Hello. Where are you? I know you're there. I can feel you here. What are you doing? You haven't escaped, you know." But I changed it because it was a little too creepy, and I would jump every time someone called me. Now it's something not nerdy at all.

Also, when I got a text, it would play the Victory fanfare from Final Fantasy... but, like, ALL of my friends had that, so now I have "Hey, listen!"