What's your habit in games?

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
What habits have you experienced when you play you play games? For example, do you something similar to me when fighting, primarily in shooters where you narrate what you're doing? Do you have a catch phrase? Do you swing your controller around? Do you scoot closer? Make faces? What?

For my specifically, I narrate as I said on what's going on, and my "catch phrase" I would say is "Sit the fuck back down." Which normally comes out after I snipe someone or easily defeat someone. IE: in Halo I'll get caught off guard and in an instant, I kill my challenger. In response I'll say "*****, sit the fuck back down."

So what are your habits?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
In MMOs, I often played a healer, and I often gravitated towards PvP. In PvP, a stationary healer is a dead healer, so I got used to running around like an idiot whose ass was on fire. This eventually seeped over into PvE as well, so now I just literally CANNOT stand still while playing a healer. I've got to be running all over the place, even if there is absolutely zero threat of anything attacking me.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
I'm a perfectionist and, I'm borderline obsessive compulsive.

I just have to have 100% completion in all my games.

Frozen Fox

Mar 23, 2012
Despite knowing what they are i always refer to Play station buttons as A,B,X,Y not Square, Circle, X, Triangle

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
In MMOs, I often played a healer, and I often gravitated towards PvP. In PvP, a stationary healer is a dead healer, so I got used to running around like an idiot whose ass was on fire. This eventually seeped over into PvE as well, so now I just literally CANNOT stand still while playing a healer. I've got to be running all over the place, even if there is absolutely zero threat of anything attacking me.
It's not even just a healer for me. In MMOs, I have to ALWAYS be moving. Always. Especially if I play a non-tanking class, specifically rogues and mages. I just can never stand still and wait for groups to get together, I can't just stand and shoot, I have to move. I have very twitchy hands, but not really jittery I guess, I always need them to do something.

Kahunaburger said:
I'm a compulsive reloader.
So basically just shoot, reload, shoot, reload? Same thing here. I kill someone, gotta reload.

Frozen Fox said:
Despite knowing what they are i always refer to Play station buttons as A,B,X,Y not Square, Circle, X, Triangle
Opposite way for me.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
When playing an RPG, after I complete a chapter/segment/defeat a boss, I tend to back track where I just was and just grind until my characters gain a few levels or learn a new skill. Thanks to FF X, I always have this paranoia about starting a new section of the game and being taken completely off-guard by the enemies or a boss fight.

Hikaru CF

May 28, 2009
In RPG's I will ALWAYS be reluctant to use disposable items (like potions and such) and MP (if it doesn't regen) and will end up going through most of the game like this before realising what a tight bastard I am and thinking 'What the hell am I saving this stuff for?!'.

If a game has some sort of sprinting function, I'll lean forward in real life as my character sprints.

In Pokemon games, I abuse the Pokemon centres way too much. Like healing after every 2 or 3 battles (come to think of it, this is probably down to my habit of not wanting to ever use items).

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Zhukov said:
Side quests get finished first.

It's a law.
definitely, I never do a main story mission when there are still side missions to do, except where the side missions are just infinitely copy pasted versions of each other.
Same OP, I tend to say sit down after quick or easy kills :)

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
In any RPG my items MUST be rounded to the nearest 5. If not I get annoyed because it looks off. I'll save all of the rare items (Megalixirs, Elixirs, Phoenix Pinions, Holy War/Hero Drinks etc) until the end of the game where they're usually next to useless. I save all of my old equipment just incase I need it for something later on ( An effect the Synthesis system from FF9 had on me).

When I drive vehicles, mostly in Battlefield, I'll lean into the corners and try to see round the edge of the screen. Makes next to no sense but when you're being tailed by two very angry fighter jets it gets pretty tense.

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
Hikaru CF said:
In RPG's I will ALWAYS be reluctant to use disposable items (like potions and such) and MP (if it doesn't regen) and will end up going through most of the game like this before realising what a tight bastard I am and thinking 'What the hell am I saving this stuff for?!'.
Same deal here, unless of course I actually need it and there's no other way. That happens in Skyrim. I have almost never used a pokemon item aside from Pokeballs, I have never used potions in MMOs.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Kahunaburger said:
I'm a compulsive reloader.
Ditto. I feel... compelled... to load a new magazine after every kill whenever I'm playing a shooter. It's saved my life probably... just as many times as it's gotten me killed.

And it's actually pretty detrimental when you get into more realistic shooters where if you have 300 rounds of ammunition and 30 rounds in your magazine, and you reload when you have 21 rounds left in your magazine, you now have a new 30 round magazine in your rifle and 270 rounds of ammunition spare instead of 291. In games like that I end up wasting soooo much ammo.

ZedLeg

Jun 25, 2009
I always play as a stealth character when I start a new rpg. I also do the constant reloading thing.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I'm a trying to do all the sidequests first on my first run through, but then just get about half of them done. Then go back on the second run through and spend hours getting every little thing.

I'm a take some fps to seriously by taking cover, checking corners, and clearing room like I'm SWAT.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
In shooters my tendency is to reload after every kill, which earns me a death more often than not. And i always play the support role

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Same as some above.

Reloader here.

Kill, reload, kill and reload.

Can't say it's got me killed though, I tend to hide before reloading.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Obsessive quick-saving, and multiple save slots.

Oh, and I do all the sidequests I can do. First. Saving the world can wait.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I typically jump when I'm running. I don't know why. It started in WoW at low levels, just something entertaining to do when traveling around horseless. Thus it became habit.