What's your latest obsession?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
So lately I've been really into SF. I finish on average one science-fiction book every week. What's your latest thing you're suddenly super into?

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Girls und Panzer. Roughly three weeks ago I was on holiday. So I watched it on Crunchyroll. I'd planned to see it for a while but never quite got around to it.

Two weeks ago I got home.

A week and a half ago I'd bought every single released manga for it, and the DVD set of both the series and the OVAs, and ordered the four available figmas.

I...think I went too far. >_>

In a more general sense: figures/statues. I've started to buy a few things lately for display and I've dug out a few I already had to brighten the place up a bit. I was never into figure collecting before but its nice to have some decorations rather than just a solid mass of books on every shelf. Somewhat pride of place is my Songbird statue signed by Ken Levine, Shawn Robertson, Jorge Lacera and Robb Waters.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I made this post on Facebook yesterday:

2 years ago today was the first time I beat Final Fantasy VI.
3 years ago today was the first time I beat Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
...currently 9 hours into Final Fantasy 1-GBA...
...currently 10+ hours into Final Fantasy X HD...
...currently 40+ hours into Final Fantasy XII...
...currently 60+ hours into Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call...
...just started Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX...
*sweats profusely. doesn't have a problem. shut up*

The thing is, I forgot a couple of details. Like the fact that I'm roughly 4 - 5 hours into Final Fantasy VIII on Steam and, the fact that I beat Final Fantasy VII after roughly 70 hours, also on Steam, about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I dedicated so much time into FF7 that I beat Emerald and Ruby weapon for the first time and essentially completed the whole game. I haven't unlocked 2 steam achievements though; Gillionaire and Materia Master...though I DO know which Materia is left to be mastered...it's the money that I have no idea on how to grind...I also started Final Fantasy VI, AGAIN, on the GBA a month or two ago...and about 2 or 3 months ago I finished playing Final Fantasy XIII, a game that I had to start over from the beginning because reasons. I didn't want that game to beat me but I beat it. Fuck Barthanus or whatever the fucker is named and Fuck Orphan too. On second thought, don't. You're likely to catch Odd-Face syndrome.

Edit: Since yesterday I've gone from 9-hours in FF1-GBA to 10h 42m...Yay, Flying Fortress! Another note about FFX, I beat the original on the PS2 about a year ago...but on the HD edition...I must win Blitzball...and lightning mini-game...

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Getting sexy!

If you've been paying attention to my posting [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.869056-Healthy-Eats#21757781] the last couple of months (and why wouldn't you be? I'm awesome!), I have been really working on losing weight/getting fit.

I routinely talk with my nutritionist (AKA my co-worker and my sister in law who has a college degree in health science) and my exercise trainer (AKA my other co-worker gym rat) about what I can do and how to do it the best way. I have overhauled my diet completely and track everything I eat. I have also overhauled how I exercise and have gotten into a great routine each week to make sure I stick with it.

It's been very slow going but to do it right, it's going to be slow going. I am seeing progress but there is still a lot of work to do...

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Gratuitous violence, courtesy of Company of Heroes 2 and now Killing Floor 2. The explosions and mayhem are deeply satisfying.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Ravenloft. Always wanted to run a horror game. Going to have a chance to do so in a couple months. Currently plowing through the sourcebooks. Even choosing video games for inspiration -- Dead Space 3, Dark Souls, Black Flag.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I've been spending a lot of money and spending all of my free time at work on western, Marvel and DC for the most part, comics. I've easily spent like fife-hundred dollars on them the past couple months. I've gotten the big must haves, like Civil War and Age of Ultron and plan on buying Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, and Annihilation when I get the money.

For this week at work I got The War of Kings, Realm of Kings, DC's Legion Lost[footnote]Think another Teen Titans. The new 52 has three teen super-groups[/footnote], and She-Hulk collection. All but She-Hulk look promising. She-Hulk is showing signs of being total shite. At a glimpse I'm seeing lazy artwork, little action, and not a lot of She-Hulk. The back doesn't help either as it says this collection is focusing on her career as a lawyer and not as a badass superhero. Anyways, this batch just has to last me until Wednesday. I've got Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy on the way.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
My sled hockey team had it's first practice of the season earlier today. This is the first year we're practicing through the summer. That, along with the World Sled Hockey championships being televised here in the states on NBCSN, sled hockey has been on my mind a lot lately.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
Suddenly would be a bit of a misdemeanor, but i've been super enjoying GTA 5 and Killing Floor 2 since I managed to get the money. It's actually quite nice, both of them. My only complaint with GTA 5 is has bit too much of an APB: Reloaded feeling going on. I need money to get money, and to get money I Need to have good weapons, all of which could be solved by paying real cash I believe. Cause at the moment, I walked outside after buying ammo for my pistol to be ran over by an invulnerable race car, and then gunned down with a sub machine gun which I don't have access to buy. Killing Floor 2 on the other hand is pretty fantastic, if a bit empty(Early access, what do you expect). It plays like Killing Floor 1 almost exactly, which is fine, but bit more interesting boss and a lot lot lot more polish. And the inter-character banter is pretty nice.
It souks though, it's getting harder and harder to actually.. want to play new games now. They all seem so mediocre, but I don't really have anything else to do in my time.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
Evangelion. I first watched about 4 years ago, and didn't understand it at all. I started watching it with my dad two weeks ago to see if I'd understand and/or like it this time. While I was mildly interested thanks to a youtube video I'd seen that discussed Shinji's character arc, I still didn't have high expectations. However, I ended up falling in love with it during End of Evangelion. Since then I've been spending a lot of time reading/watching analyses and listening to Komm, Süsser Tod on repeat.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Gaming wise:
Recently got myself into L4D2 again, though the bot A.I. is so awfull that I'm using a mutation that makes you go through all the campaigns alone.

Literature wise:
Recently finished the first half of the Hyperion cantos, hope to gett the other half aswell in the near future. I'm still kinda sad that I had to leave the world created by Dann Simmons behind. Currently reading various books from Tess Geritssen.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
0takuMetalhead said:
Recently finished the first half of the Hyperion cantos, hope to gett the other half aswell in the near future.
You too? =D I'm in the process of finishing The Fall of Hyperion right now!

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Queen Michael said:
0takuMetalhead said:
Recently finished the first half of the Hyperion cantos, hope to gett the other half aswell in the near future.
You too? =D I'm in the process of finishing The Fall of Hyperion right now!
What a coincidence! It is such an amazing book (can't stress it enough, really).
Shame that some words got transelated incorrectly in the dutch version.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Ran out of games to play and watch, so i've gotten back into Japanese game shows, more specifically, Gaki no Tsukai's Batsu games (Punishment Games). Everything they do is gold.

24 Hour Tag was probably they best one they've done (enter the arena at 6:30)

But they also have silent library

As well as no laughing vacations, prison escape being a recent and 10 part trip.

XSTALKERX

Mar 10, 2012
Recently iv'e been completely obsessed by the Witcher, with the third game coming out, I read most of the books played through 1 and 2 and I keep re watching the all the trailers. I think I need help.......

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Literature wise I've really been getting into Philippa Gregory. I know, I know, historically inaccurate and all that jazz but my god I'm just loving the historical drama and the historical romance. I'm incredibly suprised I'm enjoying it. It's not normally my thing, but I never want the books to end!

Tv-wise, I've been loving Sons of Anarchy, been binge watching it with my boyfriend. I absolutely love it.

Games - the chains of addiction to FF14 are still keeping me in a vice grip.

TranshumanistG

Sep 24, 2014
I should be obsessed with Flask and AngularJS, given that they are the back-end and the front-end for my course project.

Unfortunately, due to my procrastinating nature I am currently more obsessed with the following:

The new Daredevil TV series. Saw the movie with Ben Affleck as a kid, liked it. The series seem similarly gritty compared to other parts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but still have the signature depth and relatable characters.

World Trigger anime. Before it the only association I had with Toei's logo blip was the wacky pirate kitchen sink of One Piece. While so far the series seems to be kids-friendly and mostly falls into the typical Shōnen mould of clichés and plot arcs so far, it also seems a bit more 'adult' than the former, dealing with themes like war between nations of living breathing beings.

Mount'n'Blade Warband Multiplayer. What can I say, after I managed to to skewer a guy with my lance while charging him on a horse three times in a row, I got thirsty for more blood.

Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. I can barely get to stage 3 on normal and only when I'm lucky, but man all the colourful patterns, man. And the music.