What's your miracle cure for hiccups?

ShinobiJedi42

May 7, 2012
Heavy concentration usually alters blood flow and breathing. It affects the hiccups and 98% of the time, makes them go away. I personally try to move something with my mind. They're gone after a few seconds. Sadly, though, the object never moves :(

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Personally i drink some water head down.... the trick to do that is to put your lips the opposite side of the glass... It works quite well for me

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
This is pretty unconventional and a little weird but... I just wait for them to end. Crazy I know, but there you have it.

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Most of the time I just chant an incantation to the Lord of Pain and bathe in animal blood, but you know, social standards and all that bullshit.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Pinkamena said:
Aren't most 12 year olds virgins?
Not in medieval Europe.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I just hold my breath until I think I'm going to die. No idea why it works, but it does.

LetalisK said:
Drinking the blood of a 12 year old virgin always worked for me.
Aren't most 12 year olds virgins?

HunterTheron

Jun 16, 2013
For me it's very simple. Stretch my arms over my head and hold my breath for 15 seconds. It works everytime, although sometimes I have to do it twice.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Holding my breath for ten seconds always works for me, always.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
I take a deep breath and then breath out every last bit of air and try to hold that as long as possible until i give in and breath normally again.

Worked everytime sofar.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
My ex had a funny but effective method. He'd yell at me "STOP HICCOUGHING." And I sort of always did.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Miracle cure? E-E-Excuse me?

Hiccups are a blessing! Very few things can make you garner instant attention and make you infinitely more adorable to the man/woman/intermediate/unidentified person of your dreams!

I say that you should embrace your hiccups, fall in love and base your entire relationship off an involuntary spasm.

You'll thank me later ;)

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Bend over and drink water out of the wrong side of the glass.

It actually messed me up so I almost never get hiccups now.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
antidonkey said:
Not sure why but drinking out of the wrong side of a cup usually works for me. It's currently at around a 90% success rate. Just be careful as it's easy to make a mess.
What the heck is the 'wrong side' of a cup?

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
LEMON JUICE, just regular over the counter, no drinking upside down while holding your breath in mid-air because you're jumping through a hoop of fire, lemon juice!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
MinionJoe said:
KOMega said:
Hold your breath.
If that doesn't work,
Hold your breathe, but keep trying to suck in air until you reach your upper air limit. (You should feel a large pressure in your chest because of the air.)
wait 3 seconds, then let it all out.

Hiccups should be gone now.
I do the same thing, but I also thump my fist against my sternum.

It helps dislodge any gas trapped under the diaphragm.

The combination of full inhalation and percussion stops my hiccups every time.
That can actually be deadly. Contrary to the myth, your heart doesn't temporarily stop when you have a hiccup, but you are extra vulnerable to having it permanently stop due to getting, say, hit in the chest.

Also, what's this about crazy hiccup cures? I had no idea this was seriously a thing. I always just drink something, anything will do as long as there's enough of it (by which I mean water, soda, juice, it doesn't matter as long as it's wet and it's more than a mouthful). I didn't realize anyone tried anything else outside of cartoons.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
Drinking a lot of water seems to always do the trick for me.
Never had any luck with holding my breath or anything else. And mine don't really go away on their own they'll keep going for hours if I just try to wait it out.