Whats your most dreaded boss fight?

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
The main bad guy in Red Steel 1 (I forgot his name). You swordfight him in front of a plane, and he kicks your ass and leaves. (Actually, there weere two levels of sowrdfighting in that game, slow and fast. He used fast and it was still in the second half of the game (before normal enemies used fast). So you were fucked. But if you played through the game already and got used to this, it was pointless to try to kill him because he always blocked attacks and his sword was undamageable)

VicunaBlue

Feb 8, 2009
Duriel, in Diablo 2. At the level you take him on, I find him as hard if not harder than Diablo.

AlisonPrime

Jun 20, 2008
Heroic Sindragosa in 25 ICC mostly due to bad casters, been kicking my guild's ass from 25% til now

Otherwise any trash in Force Unleashed on Sith Master difficulty...shit hits way too hard

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
VicunaBlue said:
Duriel, in Diablo 2. At the level you take him on, I find him as hard if not harder than Diablo.
Aye. Fast speed, fast and powerful attack with cold effect AND knockback is the epitome of unfair.
That or Krauser in RE4. I have a thing against boss battles that are timed (like that, I don't usually have a problem with Monster Hunter Tri)

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
Duriel from Diablo 2, mostly because he's an overpowered asshole.

Seriously, on top of the bastard being fast as shit and his room being both small and without an exit, did he really need the Holy Freeze aura?

Also, Leotheras the Blind (of Serpentshrine Cavern in WoW), but it's been a while, so he doesn't quite make me ooze liquid hate like he used to.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
While it's not a boss fight, the mine cart ride on Gears 1 on insane. I only say this though because I was doing it in coop. I can easily beat it every time, but my friend was just awful. We had to restart more times than I can count.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
The Old Hero from Demon's Souls. That bastard has killed me so many times its not even funny. But when I finally kill him it makes the victory taste all the sweeter so the jokes on him.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Al Mualim.
WHY DID YOU DIE SO FUCKING QUICKLY (UPON BEING STABBED IN THE FACE WITH THE HIDDEN BLADE)? WHERE IS MY FUCKING CATHARSIS?

Though this "death comes for all, and you can't escape it" theme is kind of prevalent in AC. Maybe it was done on purpose, to emphasize that no matter what, humans still die.

Oh, and that fucker Elizabeth Green from Prototype. Not difficult, but takes waaaaay too long. Luckily, the final boss battle makes up for that with pure awesomeness.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
The Headless Horseless Horsemann in Team Fortress 2.

Okay, I have to admit this: He's really fun and I REALLY like how he was animated and his voicing, but he has a lot of health.

Sentry Guns don't hurt him (even if Wrangled), he is one-hit KO (except for Ubers and Bonked Scouts), extremely fast, and has no clear path. He will eat you for breakfast, then eat around six other people in four seconds for breakfast too.

I'm sad that with the Halloween update gone, we won't see him again for a year though.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
High Max and Nightmare Mother from Megaman X6.

Especially Nightmare Mother........fuck that stupid boss.........and that stage as well.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Oddly enough my worst one was the final boss in 'Beyond Good and Evil' only because i screwed up so badly at the beginning (not realising i should punt the pig clones at the boss to break down the crystal wall (totally obvious i know)) that when i got round to his final form i had 1 heart segement left...Then he reversed my joypad controls...

Somehow i beat him but to say i was stressed during that fight would be an understatement.

kek13

Sep 23, 2010
Scarecrow in folklore.

Looking back it was a somewhat mediocre JRPG but at the time I enjoyed it and all the bosses were reasonably hard until motherf*cking Scarecrow, once I got him to like one quarter health I was like 'YES FUCKING FINALLY!' then he used his cheap concussion attack whcih is REALLY hard to dodge with all the other shit he's throwing at you and I died...

Then my PS3 got YLOD and I lost all my data... I don't think I 'll ever finish that one.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Maneaters in Demons Souls. The flying manta rays and the big dudes in the swamp levels would be included if they weren't goons.

Tigerex in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is a major arse when I try to use my light bowgun, bu the is a piece of cake when I use my lance.
The Black Gravios is a major arse as well. He spams lasers and at higher levels he loves doing a sweeping laser.
I hate the Teostra/Lunostra's charge. It is tough to get used to. Other than that, they ain't too tough.
I FUCKING HATE the Chameleos. I HATE his invisibility and how he steals your stuff. He becomes visible just long enough for you to realize you are going to get hit before disappearing again. He also teleports randomly.
The Rajang is also a major pain in the arse. Not as big of a pain for gunners, but the bloke just won't stay still. It sucks when he goes Super Saiyan (he turns gold and his hair spikes upwards) since he moves faster and holds still even less.

The Answerer on Armored Core: For Answer is an asshole as well. His Assault Armor thing is really devastating and you can't hit him from afar. His missile spams are also annoying. Best way to beat him is with a blader, take out his missiles first and them take out his wing things from above while avoiding his AA thing.