What's your purpose?

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
I had a purpose, but she left me.

Purpose is a human construction based on the inevitibility of humanity and human nature in trying to justify itself. Man [sic] cannot grasp the idea that it may not have true purpose.

My current purpose, however, is to finish this bottle of Port and, throught that, My English Degree.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Hoplon said:
Well, not destroying the world in a fit of peke would be good.
That isnt a Philip K. Dick reference was it? I read Cantata-140 yesterday. Screams of him.

Capatcha: have an inkling

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I don't think I'll have juch of a purpose until I finish my degree and get a job, and even then I'll probably be a mindless code monkey since my course is games design and programming.

My only goals in life are to do well at that and find a partner. The latter will probably be harder considering finding people I can relate to is hard, and once I start my job I'll have very little free time.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Me55enger said:
Hoplon said:
Well, not destroying the world in a fit of peke would be good.
That isnt a Philip K. Dick reference was it? I read Cantata-140 yesterday. Screams of him.

Capatcha: have an inkling

...Well shit now I think it is... damn it every time I have an original idea BAM! Phill Dick nicked it 30 years ago.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Purpose? I'm perfectly fine just enjoying my games and anime kthx. I don't need some fancy "purpose" in life, you could say that my purpose is to find really interesting stuff but that just sounds ridiculous :p

I'm going into IT when looking for a job but I would never say that being the IT guy is my entire purpose in life. It's just a way to fund my Internet binging XD

Speaking of Internet binging, does anyone know of any indestructible headsets? I swear, leave it on the floor a few times and it decides to be a ***** and randomly disconnect every 10 minutes. I didn't even step on it! Not once!

Jan 27, 2011
Drive behind my life?

To have as much fun as I can before I croak, and also to help spread that happiness whenever possible.

I also hope to write a DAMN good game story (already onto that), or a novel or something.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Lt._nefarious said:
To motorboat Milla Jovovich!
Is that even possible she is very flat.

OT:

I have a ton of goals in life I guess I will post a few of them.

1. Publish my own game (in the process of doing it)
2. Get my art used for a magic card.
3. Get front page on Newgrounds. (Getting there I got a daily third and fifth)
4. To become a professional animator.
5. To publish my own comic.
6. Get art displayed in a art gallery (already done)

There are a handful of others but these are the main ones.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
I don't actually know. I tend to make things up as I go, so I don't really have any goals or aspirations beyond the idea of the week.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Entertaining others

As long as someone is entertained by my ramblings, I'll die happy :D

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
My purpose is to be an inspiration to all of you, the pinnacle of awesome!

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
Our natural purpose is to spread our seed and keep the race going. But I think that individual purpose is something that you discover on your own. It is derived from your passions, your great loves of life. You may run into a moment where you hear a voice in your head that makes you think. I think that is the start of your purpose. I will leave with this piece of wisdom.

"Some men are born into greatness, other have greatness thrust upon them."

I think that is how you find your purpose in life.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
aba1 said:
Lt._nefarious said:

OT:

I have a ton of goals in life I guess I will post a few of them.

1. Publish my own game (in the process of doing it)
2. Get my art used for a magic card.
3. Get front page on Newgrounds. (Getting there I got a daily third and fifth)
4. To become a professional animator.
5. To publish my own comic.
6. Get art displayed in a art gallery (already done)

There are a handful of others but these are the main ones.
Wait, wait, wait wait...
...Wait!
Newgrounds still exists?
I thought it disappeared in 2004 when people stopped paying attention to it.

Apr 24, 2008
No purpose, and I like it that way.

Life is worthwhile enough without one. It would feel like some kind of self-imposed servitude to be assigning myself purpose. I'm not the kind of person who is comfortable telling anyone what to do, or being told what to do. So it's best for both me and myself that I don't get bossy with, and then end up resenting... myself.

Or summink.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
aba1 said:
Lt._nefarious said:
If there's a will, there's a way... And I could still put my face inbetween her boobs and shake my head, may be more satisfying with Scarlett Johasnsson but... Milla Jovovich, man...