What's YOUR reputation on the Escapist?

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Nobody on this forum recognizes me.

Probably the coolest r thing I ever did here was "Win" that "Rate your 7 deadly sins".

I did that by marking myself as 10/10 for Sloth and then ending the post right there.

and... nobody remembers that thread either.

charge52

Apr 29, 2012
If I have one at all, I'll be amazed. As far as I know, the only people who even remember me are the people responding to my comments on other threads, and they will probably forget me soon enough.
I have no reputation :'(

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Steppin Razor said:
Neonbob said:
Of course not. That's an integral part of who you are : P
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!!!
Alpha!
Where have you been, you lovely man?
ShockValue said:
Pfft, it's so not. I don't complain like at all.
Oh, obviously. I mean, it's not like you're almost devoted to it or anything :p

talker

Nov 18, 2011
i'm the invisible man who doesn't get noticed on posts except when i post things like this one!

...oh ####

Apr 24, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
I either have no reputation or am seen as seen as something of a dickhead... but the day of reckoning is at hand. Oh yes.
This feels probable for me too.

Apart from the time I put that screw in the tuna...and that wardrobe malfunction, I've been farely quiet.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
My reputation on the Escapist, huh? I can't help but fear answering a thread this large will make this post disappear in the crowd, but I'll answer all the same.

Had this thread been made four years ago, I'd be of the opinion that I'm an itty-bitty face in a close, intelligent, tight-knit community. Names like [user]PurpleRain[/user], [user]Khedive Rex[/user], [user]RAKtheUndead[/user], [user]mjhhiv[/user], [user]Larenxis[/user], [user]Anarchemitis[/user], and [user]Johnn Johnston[/user] would be the ones I'd cite as the sorts of users I'd like to be more like. I tried to match their wit and cogency, but much of what I posted revolved around being able to spew fiction of the most absurd sort. I got something of a reputation for writing silliness, but not enough to be starkly recognizable for anyone save Off-Topic.

About three to two years ago, I'd be fairly recognizable in User Reviews as well. This was my most active use, where I was equally apparent and noisy on the IRC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/chat] and forums. The rising names in the forum like [user]Galletea[/user], [user]xitel[/user], [user]Erana[/user] (despite being older than I am, forum-wise) all seemed to be making a name by virtue of the Holiday Council, a group of users who predate usergroups, and did so quite comfortably and publicly. The best part of it was that it was so non-insular and inviting, something I wish I could claim of the various habits and in-jokes of user groups that have come since.

A year ago, the answer would be the same as it is now. I'm a mod, I have a presence when there are major moderator discussions because I find interacting with users far more beneficial in the long run than being the faceless, nameless strike behind the banhammer. I still assume the role, certainly, but it's not one I take as my sole act as mod. These days, I'm practically a fixture in the IRC as it's much closer to how I'd prefer to interact with everyone on a day-to-day basis. Much of my time, forum-wise, is spent looking for areas where I have enough to contribute in long posts such as these, if only because I fear it would be lost in the crowd otherwise. (And this very post may do just that regardless, what a world.)

As far as moderation goes, I can't tell if people respect, fear, or hate me. I'm not sure where I stand because much of my interaction seems to be in moderation threads, which tend to get 90% of the posts disagreeing with some moderator practice, or requests to change, alter, or modify some behavior or another. I'd like to think I'm likable and approachable, but I can hardly claim to have the same following as someone like [user]Aylaine[/user].

As it stands now, I'm more an IRC presence than anything forum-side. I still post, I lurk more often than not, hoping to catch some thread in its infancy so I can be somewhere in the first two pages, where I hope that people will be more likely to read what I have to contribute, and where I won't accidentally repeat what three or four other people haven't said in fewer terms or more eloquence previously. Still, I miss the sort of direct interaction I had with the forums in the late '08 and early '09 posts. Though I fear my posting habits may keep me from just that.

Still, I suppose I could have shortened this post to "Not nearly as reputable as I used to be, it seems." Shame, then, that so many users I would love to talk to, I see so much less frequently these days, or even see at all.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
Nanaki316 said:
I don't have one. I'm always here lurking... but magically even THIS post will go un-noticed...

*Twilight zone music*
HA, take this.
Nothing I enjoy more than a good dose of spite.
Damn you!

My invisible skills are not working...

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I have none. Although I hope at least the occasional person might say "Oh look it's that guy with the black and white guitar guy avatar, who never really says anything important."

With the amount of avatars I recognise, someone has to have done it at some point...right?

Chibron

Mar 7, 2012
I really don't have a rep here most likely due to my pitifully small post count.

If someone said they recognized me there's about a 99% chance that they're lying through their teeth.

Either that or they're stalking me -_-

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Probably the guy who's sometimes funny, occasionally has emo meltdowns, and is constantly calling for an end to the platform wars that will never, ever happen.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I haven't the foggiest.

I try to be nice during my time here on the Escapist. I'd like to think that's gotten me somewhere.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I say something witty once in a while, but for the most part I'm not very noticeable; the fact that I change my avatar so often probably doesn't help lol.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Methinks I've earned the "Crazy Uncle" spot. I've got out-of-the-way opinions and incite riots by sharing them. A bunch of people might also think of me as the "complains about trivial nonsense guy".

...they might be right...

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Meh. I've been inactive for a while, so probably none now.

But back in the day, I was the guy who was always in the Politics forum arguing from a center-but-slightly-to-the-right position against the usual people.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
ShockValue said:
Kaleion said:
I just remember you from a couple of forum games, though I've never been very active on them.
Oh, you changed it back!
Yeah that's the one I was talking about.
[sub]As for the familiarity, we spoke a couple of times, but just barely, I used to have Toon Link as an avatar, they were 2 different ones though.
[sub]Don't remember me, I blush.[/sub][/sub]
Right, yeah I definitely remember that toon link avatar. Well one of them at least.
or

[sub][sub]I'm not even sure why I'm asking, I just happened to post them yesterday...[/sub][/sub]
NewClassic said:
Well I think of you as that mod that always has very well written posts, you always look like you have some class or is just smart, you give me the impression that you studied literature or something to do with writing, other than that I can't say much since I don't see you around that often.

Doclector said:
Probably the guy who's sometimes funny, occasionally has emo meltdowns, and is constantly calling for an end to the platform wars that will never, ever happen.
Actually that's almost spot-on on what type of impression you made on me, though I would add "That guy who's not as ugly as he says", seriously you built up your ugliness so much that when I saw your picture in some thread I was deeply disappointed, you just looked average, I was expecting something truly hideous and you didn't even look unpleasant, you are a disappointment to ugly people :mad:
Pebkio said:
Methinks I've earned the "Crazy Uncle" spot. I've got out-of-the-way opinions and incite riots by sharing them. A bunch of people might also think of me as the "complains about trivial nonsense guy".

...they might be right...
I'm pretty sure I said "Drunk Uncle" not "Crazy Uncle", so you may be getting it wrong there, also you didn't accept my pretzels T^T you are a bad person.