what's your saddest point in a game ever?

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus
When the bridge collapses under Agro, and he throws you to safety before plummeting into the gorge. I honestly had to stop myself from shouting "NO!"
Baldur's Gate II
When you find Khalid's body. Jaheira's speech was just heartbreaking, all the more so because he was one of my favourite characters in the first game.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
The end of Ocarina of Time, when Link and Zelda have to say goodbye. I dunno why, I was just like "Awww...." It was the damn music! It set everything up so well.

Also, and this one is kinda weird, but I was pretty pissed off with what happened to Carlos in Saints Row 2. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the mission that came after that.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
{the precursors look like daxter}

madbird-valiant said:
Sadly enough, end of Halo 3 when I thought Master Chief had died, I was actually really upset. Call me a fanboy.

I got angry-sad at Lucien for killing Root (my dog) in Fable 2. >:C

master chief died? kidding i know though it made me cry too. i never played the game i read the books and was like aww hes awesome. i cried and had my own funeral for him. then i watched the secret ending and was liek DAM!

nettkenneth

Apr 6, 2009
Wolfwind said:
The end of Ocarina of Time, when Link and Zelda have to say goodbye. I dunno why, I was just like "Awww...." It was the damn music! It set everything up so well.

Also, and this one is kinda weird, but I was pretty pissed off with what happened to Carlos in Saints Row 2. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the mission that came after that.
carlos was young and had a future kinda

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
I'm trying to think of games I've shed a tear at, so far that's a moot point but there is one somewhere...
Anyway the end of CoD 4 made me feel a lump in my throat when you watch Gaz die just before Price slides a gun to you. Least I think it's Gaz ?

Edit: just read the one about Carlos, that dam near had me in tears just the way it happens :'(

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I've accurately predicted the entire plot and last line of every game made since 2004. More often than not, Awkwardness ensues, especially If I'm playing Co-op with a freind.

I wonder if that says something about the games industry today...

EDIT: Every Mainstream game, that is.

Nox13last

Mar 18, 2009
Agreed on Gears 2, with Dom's 'reunition' with Maria...

"Hey, Dom? ...It's okay." *Turns to walk away*
*... ... ...Blamm!*

Dominic had spent the better part of two damn games looking for her, and she turns out...
...to have been driven mad, and Dom has to euthanise her.
Realistically, Dom is emotionally dispondent thereafter. Probably numb, poor guy.

Evil the White said:
When Carmine died in Gears of War 2. That ruined my day since I actually liked him and his sniper rifle.
Also agreed.

The Carmines just can't get a damn break. Ben's last words were pretty sad. It's the generic "Tell Ma I'm sorry and that I love her" line, but because it's from a guy who resembles another guy who died like a mook, not to mention that this present guy actually HAD built a personality throughout the game...
The Carmine's just get put through the mill, and it's not very cool.

[hr]

And then there's Final Fantasy VII, a game I had been playing since I was 11 (and STILL haven't completed it).

AVALANCHE sabotages the Mako reactor and gets ambushed by the AirBuster. And Cloud is shocked off the broken bridge and falls fifty storeys. The only redeeming factor in that is that you can either act soft ("I don't know how long I can hold on for.") for Tifa, or butch it up to please Barret ("...").

AVALANCHE climb the Sector Plate Support Beam. Wedge takes a bullet and falls aaaall the way down, and you can either put him at peace by telling him he's not uptight, or be an asshole (something Cloud is normally). Wash, Rinse, Repeat for Biggs and Jessie. Jessie hit me worst, because Biggs wasn't actually a very...relatable character, but Jessie totally was into Cloud. She blamed herself for the detection by train security, because she put 'special effort' into Cloud's fake ID. As they say, "it could have been something great."
And then Barret ends up hulking out over it.

Aerith died.

Aerith died.

She freaking got stabbed, man! ("I'll never see her smile, hear her laugh, hear her cry...")
Fortunately, you get the recurring ass of JENOVA ReBirth to siphon your fury into.
I know I did.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
nettkenneth said:
Wolfwind said:

carlos was young and had a future kinda
Yeah, that's what kinda sucked about it. Plus he never really seemed to be into it like the other lieutanants. It almost seemed like he wanted out.

nettkenneth

Apr 6, 2009
quote="HT_Black" post="9.111952.1977080"]I've accurately predicted the entire plot and last line of every game made since 2004. More often than not, Awkwardness ensues, especially If I'm playing Co-op with a freind.

I wonder if that says something about the games industry today...[/quote]

let's blame everything on the game industry with their lost wives, traitor bosses and annoying female sidekick that could just dive under a train for all i care, but as i am quick to say the gaming industry make games that involves blood and titties because they think everyone loves blood and titties

SnakeF

Apr 25, 2009
I think that the end of CoD4 will always get me, I was just starting to like Gaz, Captain Price and Griggs as characters and then they all die before your eyes, Gaz's death was easily the worst though.

nettkenneth

Apr 6, 2009
he was like a latino julius good at what he did but belived in more than just drugs and gangs

zahr

Mar 26, 2009
Johnn Johnston said:
Mass Effect. If you've played it, you'll not which point this is. It just comes right out of the blue.
Agreed!

I wish I could kill both of them. I hated both characters and the fact that I could only kill one, really pissed me off.

klarr

Mar 9, 2009
to me the saddest part in a game was when james realized that he killed his wife ,Mary, in silent hill 2, that was fucked up and it made for a great emotional climax in the game.
oh and no. 2 for me was when jack swift from red dead revolver died, i liked him.

Stegofreak

Aug 6, 2008
CosmicGrenade said:
when Aeris 'died' in Final Fantasy VII. the music still brings a tear to my eye when I hear it

Also should this thread have a spoiler warning?
ditto

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The whole funeral sequence and the events surrounding it on Disc 1 of Lost Odyssey.

C0RV4L0U5

Nov 6, 2008
mine has to be the end of shadow of the colossus and the end of fable.. you grow close to those damn pets...

but there was no crying only. omg'ing and wtf'ing and swearing revenge

General Alexei

General of Dark Wulf
Mar 21, 2009
The CoD4 ending made me really sad. I almost shouted out "Noooo, Gazzzz!" The one thing I wish CoD4 had was the dismemeberment of limbs and stuff like in CoD5. because I would have killed the evil dude (can't remember his name) by shooting his other arm off!

madbird-valiant said:
Sadly enough, end of Halo 3 when I thought Master Chief had died, I was actually really upset. Call me a fanboy.
I was upset too. I was like nooo, Master Chief can't die, he's invincible, not vincible. He wasn't vincible! how could he die!