Whats your special ability or talent?

Guvnorium

Nov 20, 2008
orannis62 said:
Erana said:
My left hand paints curves, and my right hand paints lines.
Its kinda weird, and I just started painting with my right hand and went, "Oh, God no! I'm becoming right-handed!"
Then I realised the utilities in both.
That's actually really interesting. I'm not much into art, does that happen for a lot of people?
Ace of Spades said:
Jannycats said:
Ace of Spades said:
I am like a human tape recorder. I hear something once, and it's basically burned into my brain.
So you're one of those people that can remember a lecture and not have to study, eh? Lucky...

I suppose my only weird 'talent' is the ability to remember and recognize voices. Guy voices, I mean. Girl voices seem are usually too annoyingly high pitched for me to remember. But it's fun to watch some anime dub and recognize that this or that character is voiced by a very unknown voice actor.
It's nice to be able to just play back a lecture in my head.
Well, I don't quite have that level of recall, but I have enough that I almost never have to study.
Guvnorium said:
I rap the periodic table of the elements. (Does the name make more sense now?) My fingers also bend rather far backwards.
Evan!? Is that you?!
No. I don't think I'm on Youtube either.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I dunno i always seem to be in the right place at the right time for any situation i'm not sure what you would call it but it creeps the hell outta people

Steeveeo

Sep 2, 2008
I am really good at pissing people off.

But other than that, I seem to be the only (if not one of 5) tech savvy person within a 15 mile radius of my house.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
I'm really good at changing voices. I can trick friends, family, and is most excellent for pranks. I'm a decent actor, but never had a lead role. I'm a very good fibber as well. I convinced half of my classes in high school that I was in the mob. Suddenly people didn't bully me as much.

I can run faster on my knees than some people normally running. Its really creepy.

GreigKM

Dec 9, 2008
I have the ability to be ill to some degree on a daily basis! (Not much of an ability...)
I also have the ability to make any insane idea sound correct or plausible (I should be a Republican!)

Celd

Nov 24, 2008
Mr0llivand3r said:
i have the special ability to judge people correctly, in their motives and objectives
Pretty much that, I find it extremely easy to read people.

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
I have an uncanny ability to go into "rage" mode when certain things set me off. I get tunnel vision like a ***** and I HAVE to hurt whatever I'm after. Like in a dream when you have to do something, you want to wake up and walk away, but you can't...and I get about three times stronger when it happens also...not kidding

falcontwin

Aug 10, 2008
I dream about signifigant events in my life approximatelly 4 years before they happen but I never remember the dream till the event happens so I get lots of Dejevu moments that are kind of freaky. Ive only noticed the timespan between dream and reality since I've gotten older and had the time to reflect on these things.

I think the only think that could freak me out would be dreaming of dying. I really don't want to know when thats getting close as I love life it's an awesome experience.

linchowlewy

Nov 27, 2008
meatloaf231 said:
I'm almost completely immune to disease. I've only been sick once or twice in the last six years.
same here, but once something hits me it hits me hard as a brick.

my only thing i would consider strange is i am brilliant at copying pictures when drawing just by sight (none of those grids or tracing) but i can't draw many things otherwise.

jdog345

Jul 10, 2008
I can pick up how to play a musical instrument quite quickly. I also have an absurd level of objectivity when stuck in the middle of a conflict, and I am rather persuasive.

Faeanor

Dec 15, 2007
I have the astounding ability to disappear. In a group of people after a while they just sorta stop noticing me and I can slip off. It's not that special or anything, but it can be quite handy. My friends have a saying about me now. "You don't find Faeanor, Faeanor finds you." So true.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
I used to have a ridiculously fast metabolism, now it is only a fast metabolism...
I play the drums with an improper way of holding the sticks, as I am self taught, so I am regularly seen wrapping my fingers with electrical tape. I swing quickly between being antisocial and Isolated and incredibly outgoing. I like games too much. I am very impatient. I have on more than one occasion, smelled a fire before it had happened.

mangus

Jan 2, 2009
Gamer Perks:
Malnutrition: after all your hours at the computer, your body has become somewhat resistant to the need for food - you never need food unless you leave your computer for something else first.
Twitch reflexes: The dozens of FPS games you've mastered have made you quick on the draw - you can reroll any failed reflex check.
Escapism - Games have become an integral part of your life, VERY integral - you can explain anything in terms of dice rolls, WoW terminology and skill points
Luck of the nerd - Nerd Power! +2 Luck

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
I'm a satirist [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.85645] and an artist. [http://labychan.deviantart.com/gallery]

The former [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/326.85211] is just a fun past time really. A way to kill the hours between unconscious periods. Sure, I put a fair bit of work into the satire I do, but it remains something I enjoy and will always do for fun more than for anything else.

Art, however, is an ongoing passion. Ever since I realised "Hey, I can draw!" it's stuck with me. Through various phases too. Fun times, fun times.

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
I am fluent in two languages and okay at two others, but they are the easiest thing for me to learn.

I can sing the harmony to just about anything I hear and would MUCH rather play by ear than oft-horrifying sheet music. Oh yeah, I play lots of instruments too.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
I can walk at about 8km/h. Ironically, I run somewhat slow.

I have flexible tendons. Sometimes, in MMA sparring, I can be caught in an armbar without feeling much pain when to other people it looks like the other guy's just about to snap my arm off. That, combined with my tendancy to not tap out until the last minute, can make it damn hard for someone to make me tap out.

I also have a flexible back, to the extent where I've been referred to as a jellyfish.

I have fast reflexes, good hand-eye-coordination, and proficiency in predicting my opponent's next move in any kind of competitition - skills that I keep sharp with regular martial arts training..... and gaming.