What's your verbal crutch?

Rock4ever

Dec 13, 2009
Oh, (looks like this "Oh" will be my next "parasite") I forgot to mention the ", ok?" in the end of the sentence. Sounds like "Do you agree? Of course you do, moron, because your soul is mine..."

xchaveyx

Dec 31, 2008
I'm a god awful speaker, I think I try and get my sentences out to fast and I end up slurring my words a lot. I also say "what?" whenever someone says something even if I hear them.

ninja_thae

Oct 28, 2009
I use "Shiny", "Balls", and an assortment of South Park quotes far too often.

Worst. English Major. Ever.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
I say weird alot. It's quite annoying because I would describe something quite normal as weird, how...weird.

gred

Aug 22, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
I go 'umm' when I'm nervous

And I twitch anytime I hear that god-awful Swedish accent
Yea, our accent is horrible to listen too :p

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
I tend to studder, say umm and like, take long pauses inbetween and trip over my words just saying a weird mess..

Sadface..

amazinglettera

Bandersnatch
Jan 25, 2009
Cussing....and I seem to end a lot of my questions with "ok?" as if my question needs immediate validation....!

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I rather enjoy the adjective "awesome" but because a situation that calls for it also calls for enthusiasm, you can guess how I sound. . . like an 80's caricature of a surfer dude from the O.C.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
I say "Yar" instead of yes, "ello" instead of hi and use "fo' sho'" far too much.

I'm trying to cut back, really I am...
Are you a pirate rapper?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I say "You know" quite a lot, for example. A typical conversation with a friend, usually about games. "Looking forward to that game, graphics look good and the gameplay seems very immersive, you know."

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I seem to use the phrase "Fair Enough" a lot. And it's true. Nothing's really fair, so fair enough cuts it

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Marq said:
Mine is "fuck" and all its variations.
Same fuckin' thing here. ;)

Seriously though, I'd say my crutch is cursing; and working with and serving a lot of Christian college kids (there's a Christian university nearby my work) means I'm sure to be offending someone at some point pretty much every day.

Sometimes, having a potty-mouth sucks. :(

Marksman18v

Dec 13, 2009
maddog015 said:
Shoki Donai said:
I use shiny and snazzy if I need to talk about something I think is good/cool.
Firefly fan? Shiny.

Marksman18v said:
Jesus Christs Monkey Balls...

Don't ask.
Penn Jillette?

Penn Jiwho? I am sorry I am not familiar with that.
Also one of my many moves is saying, Yeeaaaahh.. just to turn around, roll my eyes and pretend to vomit.

Not too subtle, but very effective nontheless.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
TraumaHound said:
Marq said:
Mine is "fuck" and all its variations.
Same fuckin' thing here. ;)

Seriously though, I'd say my crutch is cursing; and working with and serving a lot of Christian college kids (there's a Christian university nearby my work) means I'm sure to be offending someone at some point pretty much every day.

Sometimes, having a potty-mouth sucks. :(
Just replace the curse word with the word "cuss". You'll see it makes everything better. :)