What's your view on nudity?

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
RetiarySword said:
I don't mind nudity, as long as it is tasteful. You may or may not beleive this but I'm naked right now. No reason its just I got out the shower and its a warm room. Why should I get dressed?

Looking back a good 1/5 of my posts were done naked.
I second this remark >>;;;

The_Killing_Name

Dec 29, 2008
Ghadente said:
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
I'm going to ask you to kindly A) stop insulting religion by assuming that it causes everything wrong with the world and B) be respectful enough while talking about the God of Judeo-Christianity to properly capitalize His name.
A) Wake up, religion does have a root in just about every problem in the world, quit being so blind
B) lol so i'm disrecpecting your so-called "god" because i type a lower case g, wow... that's petty
My friend, I'm not being blind. Perhaps you're the one ignoring the facts. How is religion the root of world hunger, when religious institutions place billions of dollars into aid relief? How is religion the root of corruption and greed, when everything in the Judeo-Christian Bible speaks against it?

The Church is the root of evil in the world. Stop being your so-called "blind" and realize that religion was just a facet for a few crazed bastards to fuck over the world. Religion was used as propaganda; that does not make it evil. You can't see that, and you dare call me blind?

And yes, you ARE disrespecting my God by not capitalizing that "G". It's not like it's extremely hard, and it's the difference between coming off as an asshole and coming off as an intelligent opponent of religion.

This has devolved into a flaming of religion. I only fixed someone's incorrect story of Adam and Eve, and this is what happens. Maybe it's not religion that's the root of the world's problems, maybe it is. But people like you sure as HELL aren't making it better.

This will be my last post on the topic. Have a nice day.
You are so sure those "billions of dollars" goes to aid relief, why? Just because a religion speaks out against corruption and greed does not mean the people in that religion follow those teachings, even the leaders are known to be corrupt. Try looking up some history of christianity and you can see how corrupt and greedy (not to mention power hungry) christians were, are, and can be.
If not capitolizing a letter is offensive to you, that is so sad that you put so much meaning into a letter. g is a letter, god is a word, at best its an idea. If your "god" is going to get upset that someone uses a lower case g, how fucking pathetic is that?
I am trying to open peoples eyes to a little truth that religion isn't necessary and that it has had more of a negative effect on the world than positive. The owrld needs more people to be free thinking and open minded, without the hypocrisies and falacies of religion to burden us.
and i'm not surprise that you will stop posting, typical religous fanatic turns his back on a discussion that even slightly argues against their beliefs
Exactly. The world needs to have more free thinking people, who aren't religious. Because everyone who makes all the decisions in the world is usually religious. Why the hell is that? Are atheists and agnostics incapable of making real decisions? It seems stupid to me.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
My view on nudity...
Naked people
Get the joke :D?
Anyways yeah, back in topic. Personally, even though I have gone several times to a nudist beach, I did so just to piss about with some friends, and never got to full scale nudity. So yeah, I admit I don't like showing my body to others, but if others want to show it off, that's fine by me, really.

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
Ghadente said:
Flying-Emu said:
Ghadente said:
I'm going to ask you to kindly A) stop insulting religion by assuming that it causes everything wrong with the world and B) be respectful enough while talking about the God of Judeo-Christianity to properly capitalize His name.
OK, provided that you extend the same courtesy to Allah, Brahma, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Odin, Zeus, Baal, Xenu, etc etc.

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
The_Killing_Name said:
What's my view on nudity?
Full.

EDIT: No, srsly, kidding. If everyone was naked all the time, what would be special to have with a significant other? Nudity with a significant other is special, to me. And I think it should remain special. It's not the idea of nudity that makes me not want everyone to be naked all the time. It's just that, it wouldn't be the same anymore =/
I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
The_Killing_Name said:
I have NO problem with religion, you can believe whatever the hell you like. But, seriously. How is religion the root of corruption and greed? Are you fucking blind? Yeah, religion is used as an excuse. But that in itself, makes it a bad thing.
Awww that's just silly. ^_^

Many rapists have said that the girl deserved it because she was wearing a short skirt, does that make her responsible? Should we ban short skirts because people will use it as an excuse to rape?

If not, where does that leave your reasoning when it comes to religion + nudity?

The FACT is that the former Soviet Union and Communist China were both atheist states, and the populations did not tear their clothes off and go charging naked through the streets.

On the other hand, if religion is the reason that I don't have to look at other mens penises while eating at McDonalds, then I heartily condone it.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
Shapsters said:
UUuhhhh... the reason I wouldn't go to a nudist colony is
a)%90 of the people are above the age of 70
b)I don't enjoy other male nudity
c)If I came across a remotely hot girl I would have to stare at a naked old person to get rid of my...
hahaha but it is true

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
anNIALLator said:
OK, provided that you extend the same courtesy to Allah, Brahma, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Odin, Zeus, Baal, Xenu, etc etc.
all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
The_Killing_Name said:
The Crusades were a horrible atrocity. I'm not denying that. Assuming that I am is putting words in my mouth, and I do not enjoy that.

But let me ask you this.

Where in the FUCKING Bible does it say that you are to crusade against your enemies? You want to know who put it in the goddamn world? The Church. If you're going to bullshit your way through an argument that religion is the root of all evil, then at least have the courtesy to not insult the average person.

Do you think that the average person liked the Crusades? No! Do you think that the average person likes any war? No! You sir, are the fucking retard, for not realizing that it's not religion's fault that an asshole decided to take over and lead them by the nose. By that logic, America and Democracy is the root of all evil, since it does the exact same fucking thing.
Ghadente said:
You are so sure those "billions of dollars" goes to aid relief, why? Just because a religion speaks out against corruption and greed does not mean the people in that religion follow those teachings, even the leaders are known to be corrupt. Try looking up some history of christianity and you can see how corrupt and greedy (not to mention power hungry) christians were, are, and can be.
If not capitolizing a letter is offensive to you, that is so sad that you put so much meaning into a letter. g is a letter, god is a word, at best its an idea. If your "god" is going to get upset that someone uses a lower case g, how fucking pathetic is that?
I am trying to open peoples eyes to a little truth that religion isn't necessary and that it has had more of a negative effect on the world than positive. The owrld needs more people to be free thinking and open minded, without the hypocrisies and falacies of religion to burden us.
and i'm not surprise that you will stop posting, typical religous fanatic turns his back on a discussion that even slightly argues against their beliefs
You argue that Christians are power-hungry and greedy. Here's your beloved eye-opener; everyone is. It's not religion that causes it. It's human nature, and if you think that it's all religion's fault, then I apologize.

It's not that not capitalizing the letter is offensive to me (Wow, double negative I think), but is it so hard to be respectful? He's not going to get upset; it's just the proper way to do it. When speaking of the Judeo-Christian God, He is a person, just like you and I. It's common courtesy to capitalize someone's name. And if you think that he doesn't exist, well; Marcus Fenix from Gears of War doesn't exist, yet we still extend him that courtesy.

Religion is not necessary. Neither is the internet. Or video games. Or love. Or friendship. There are a lot of things in the world that are unneeded. Does that mean we should take them away?

You say that religion does horrible things. I say that religion does as well. But religion does great things as well. I've been to third-world countries; I've seen the devastation there. Faith is all that some people have. You take that away, and what do they have? No food, no water, no health, no friends, no family. You would take that away to fulfill your own selfish desires to quash something that you don't agree with from the world.

That is being blind. That is as bad as genocide, as you seek to eradicate an entire belief from the world because of a few mistakes. Should we eradicate all of the Aryan race because some of them participated in the Holocaust, the slaughtering of millions of Jews? No!

Your argument is one-sided and blind.

How dare you call me a religious fanatic? Because I am religious, I'm automatically a fanatic. Because I defend my beliefs and politely corrected your statement about Adam and Eve, I'm a fanatic.

Last time I checked, that's the definition of an average person. Not a fanatic. I did not want to post any further because I am getting angry, and I would rather not have this thread locked, as it's had some healthy discussion up until now. Threads get locked when flames break out, especially about religion. And now we've likely condemned this thread. Yay.

Wazaki

Mar 5, 2009
Our bodies are beautiful (cliche I know), and if people worked out more, we'd probably see a lot more nudity in our lives.

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
---snip---
I don't think you are a fanatic. I do think you are foolish and blind. But not because you believe in religion, not at all. Although I don't believe in God myself, I know many intelligent and well balanced people who do. I believe you are foolish and blind because you waste your time talking to people who you will never get through too, who you know are just filled with hate and bigotry.

Seriously dude, if a black person went up to the Klu Klux Klan and asked to be friends it wouldn't end well. You shouldn't try that with theophobes.

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
You argue that Christians are power-hungry and greedy. Here's your beloved eye-opener; everyone is. It's not religion that causes it. It's human nature, and if you think that it's all religion's fault, then I apologize.

It's not that not capitalizing the letter is offensive to me (Wow, double negative I think), but is it so hard to be respectful? He's not going to get upset; it's just the proper way to do it. When speaking of the Judeo-Christian God, He is a person, just like you and I. It's common courtesy to capitalize someone's name. And if you think that he doesn't exist, well; Marcus Fenix from Gears of War doesn't exist, yet we still extend him that courtesy.

Religion is not necessary. Neither is the internet. Or video games. Or love. Or friendship. There are a lot of things in the world that are unneeded. Does that mean we should take them away?

You say that religion does horrible things. I say that religion does as well. But religion does great things as well. I've been to third-world countries; I've seen the devastation there. Faith is all that some people have. You take that away, and what do they have? No food, no water, no health, no friends, no family. You would take that away to fulfill your own selfish desires to quash something that you don't agree with from the world.

That is being blind. That is as bad as genocide, as you seek to eradicate an entire belief from the world because of a few mistakes. Should we eradicate all of the Aryan race because some of them participated in the Holocaust, the slaughtering of millions of Jews? No!

Your argument is one-sided and blind.

How dare you call me a religious fanatic? Because I am religious, I'm automatically a fanatic. Because I defend my beliefs and politely corrected your statement about Adam and Eve, I'm a fanatic.

Last time I checked, that's the definition of an average person. Not a fanatic. I did not want to post any further because I am getting angry, and I would rather not have this thread locked, as it's had some healthy discussion up until now. Threads get locked when flames break out, especially about religion. And now we've likely condemned this thread. Yay.

lol, sorry but i have to laugh at this typical angry response... dude you need to chill
you are the only one getting angry and flaming out, but that doesn't surprise me in the least
You need to stop taking yourself and your "religion" so seriously
the fact that you think love isn't necessary shows how wacked out your priorities are in life.
good luck to you with those "beliefs" and your "god", you'll need it ;)

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I'm highly self-conscious, so..it's a no-no..

Perhaps it's favoured by the over 70s because many of them are impotent..No..erm..situations.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
In my opinion, nudity isn't that big of a deal. The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, nor is it something that should be considered disgusting, evil, or ugly. Every body is unique and beautiful in its own way.
That being said, I'm not going to walk out my door buck naked. I know that many people do not share my opinion, and I don't want to impose it on anyone. However, if I am in a situation that I know I am around like-minded people, I have no qualms with being nude. I have even done a little life modeling for art classes. It seems to me that a lot of people's self consciousness about their bodies stems from this taboo on nudity, and the inherent idea that only some bodies are acceptable to be displayed.

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
there is nothing wrong with a bit of nudity, but not in public, because some people seem to find it 'offensive', i bet they are religious as well !!!

Ionami

Aug 21, 2008
Inarticulate_Underachiever said:
I personally don't have a problem with nudity and I will admit that I am a nudist when I'm at home and I would be a full time nudist if there weren't laws against it but I really don't see what people's problems with nudity is. It's my body and if I don't want to put clothes on it why should you give a damn. If you don't like it then don't look, it's as simple as that.
You're the kind of person who says "I'm too real for people man, everybody says I'm an asshole but really I'm just too real for them to handle. Too honest." aren't you?

You can wear your birthday suit all you want in the privacy of your own home, but if you being naked means I have to constantly avert my gaze, then YOU are interfering with my potential safety and well-being. I don't want to get smoked by a car because I was shielding my eyes from your shvantz as you walk down the street.

There's nothing wrong with the human body necessarily, but that doesn't mean I want to see every dude's penis I come into eye sight of. Wearing clothes isn't a sign of insecurity like some of you seem to be saying. For the record, my girlfriend and I are nude all the time at home, but that's it. And that totally works for us. I don't feel the need to subject my coworkers to the sight of me naked, and the same goes for people I see on the street, bus, etc.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
cuddly_tomato said:
Shapsters said:
c)If I came across a remotely hot girl I would have to stare at a naked old person to get rid of my...
That isn't as much of a problem as you probably think. Pagans do a lot of rituals "skyclad", and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Unless your body is actively looking and the area of your brain devoted to reproduction is firing then the big guy is generally good at staying in the six'o'clock position.

The problem is there are certain people out there, and if you see them nude you will never want to have sex again.
I soundly agree with tomato here-

Even on the issue of skimpy clothing, you just want to walk up to some people, slap them silly and ask at the top of your lungs (so that everyone who is thinking the same thing can hear)..."WHY?!?!?!?!?!?"