What's your weirdest phobia?...

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
What are you afraid of that you perhaps shouldn't be? A time, a place, a living thing, a concept?

For example... I'm afraid of roots. Yep, ordinary plant roots. Used to terrify me as a kid, and I still feel uneasy around them.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Garbage trucks. I think it has to do with loud noises though.

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
big things in the sky, if the moon was really close to the earth I'd die of fear. I have nightmares that Jupiter is crashing into earth that was super scary to me.

Also big things in the water. Like if I was swimming and saw a whale I don't think I could handle it.

so, I'm afraid of big, foreboding things?

I'm super weird.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Keindranophobia. It may not be a phobia so much as a paranoia. A recognized phobia I have is Trypanophobia (fear of medical needles), but that is fairly common.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Mmmmm no?

Actually, I can speak foreign languages, but I refuse to in public. If that counts

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Stupid people and how they'll screw things up in the future when they have children old enough to do things.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
MrMuttonChops said:
The doll from Child's play used to scare me pretty bad.
I know what you mean, the dolls in Alice: Madness Returns creped the hell outta me. I couldn't even finish watching Child's Play

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Getting hit in the eye with anything. Every time I go to a baseball game I make sure to duck down a little bit behind the railing in case of foul balls. And when I'm mowing the lawn, I squint my eyes and move my head to dodge the debris.

MrMuttonChops

Jan 5, 2011
Simeon Ivanov said:
MrMuttonChops said:
The doll from Child's play used to scare me pretty bad.
I know what you mean, the dolls in Alice: Madness Returns creped the hell outta me. I couldn't even finish watching Child's Play
I'm pretty much fine with any other dolls it's just that one cause I was 5 and I only managed to watch the full thing recently (16).

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Phasmal said:
Muppets.
They're just wrong.
I used to be scared of muppets as well... as a kid, not any more; love 'em now. And The Wombles and The Clangers (non-Brits probably don't know what they are).

OT: Trypophobia, the fear of clusters of holes. The most terrifying example I can think of is lotus seed pods:

It took most of my willpower to stomach looking at that pic long enough to copy it to here. Be grateful!

How they make me feel: In a word, YEEEEAAAARGHHH! Followed by massive shudders and a body full of goosebumps, then 10 minutes of nervous twitching.

vacerious

Nov 17, 2009
Bees, wasps, hornets, anything that flies, stings, and generally lives in a hive. I watched a video this morning of a woman's house that had been infested with bees for over 10 years. When an exterminator came out and started pulling huge chunks of the hive out, my brain was going, "NOPENOPENOPENOPE!"

Also, cicadas. I don't know why, but I just hate the damn things.

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
I'm the only person I've ever heard of who is a maniaphobe, which is weird, because there's already a scientific term for the phobia.

Basically, I'm afraid of going crazy, which makes it really easy for all my friends to f*ck with me on April fool's.

And don't even start on Eternal Darkness!