When a name makes you think it's something else.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Avatar: The Last Airbender and James Cameron's Avatar.

I mean, it doesn't give me much trouble now, but...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hawki said:

The former deserves the title far more than the latter. Even when you know the meaning behind both titles.

Nov 28, 2007
Specter Von Baren said:
thebobmaster said:
The Princess Bride. Totally sounds like either a romantic comedy, or a movie aimed at teenage girls a la Princess Diaries. It is very much neither of those.
I mean... it IS a romantic comedy though.
It has romance, and comedy, that is true. But is primarily an action movie, which the title does not indicate at all.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hawki said:

To make things worse, Avatar The Last Airbender comes with its own set of options: one good, one bad.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Elder scrolls online made me think it's was gonna be an elder scrolls game but with online funsies.

Like fucking shit was it. It was another crappy MMO with crappy MMO combat and crappy MMO design with the flayed skin of elder scrolls haphazardly pulled over it. They committed though, and fooled enough fans I guess. *Sigh* *another sigh* *can't breathe anymore but gonna sigh till faint anyway* why can't there be a proper online Elder Scrolls game without sacrificing every ounce of fun just because "the infinite income of monies must not be compromised!"

Also, when I was very young and naive and probably a total asshole, I used to think "conservative" meant wanting to conserve the planet and life and shit, not conserving all the wealth and power of the already incredibly and increasingly wealthy and powerful. Luckily I didn't/couldn't vote then, not that if fucking matters when I do now anyway. Heavily depressed hah.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Watching Black Sails. Half of the time I hear "Nassau," I think of Nassau Station from Halo 2.

Also Project GG has got me thinking of Gigi.

CaitSeith said:
For a long while I confused Dragon Quest with Breath of Fire.
We're in similar territory there, even though I've never played anything from either of those series.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I read the thread "Why are Christians afraid of prostitution?" and keep reading it as "prosecution" or occasionally "persecution." Go figure.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Offworld Trading Company.

I keep reading it as Oddworld (from the Abe's Odyssey series).

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Asita said:
The Pink Panther (1963 film).
Bloody well this. It doesn't help that the "Pink Panther" name was then overshadowed in the public consciousness by the Hanna Barbera cartoon featuring a literal pink panther.