When Bored at Work...

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Fappy said:
snip snip snippity snip

A few years ago. I started with fudgsicles!
Interesting, now I am going to try. If you guys don't hear from me again, blame Fappy for my impending suffocation.

Captcha: no regrets.... Okay fine don't blame Fappy, I did it to make me happy and I have none!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Aylaine said:
Fappy said:
Aylaine said:
Well then you've got balls (so-to-speak)!

I would be far too paranoid to do that, even if it was on a personal computer playing from the harddrive.

EDIT: Also, you could always be in the industry by dubbing XD
Haha! It's actually in the chest region, in my opinion. My B's would not suffice. Besides, I am a clean freak so that would give me nightmares. xD

I was a bit at first, but my boss doesn't care so long as I don't goof off when there is a meeting or it's a busy day. Some co-workers even join in if it's a REALLY dead day, though that only happened once.

To be honest, I thought your picture was a Lite-Brite at first. A part of my childhood teased then and there, for a second!
Now you have me wondering where you must work! XD

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
MeChaNiZ3D said:
At the moment, as a kitchenhand, I only get 2 hours, and have not once been able to leave on time. So whenever I have a free moment I'm frantically looking for something to fill it. Because every second I'm not doing anything is a second after 6 I leave.
I know what you mean. I like the quietness, but I'm just thinking: "If it's all going to hit me at once, I'm going to be PISSED!"

Doesn't help that the head chef isn't exactly a cool head. Also, he dislikes me on principle, because I'm the sort of person who comes off very educated in their mannerisms, and stuff like that, while he's one of those people who bummed out of education in secondary school, and while he managed to end up owning this small hotel, it's one where he has to work all day six days a week. So not the most successful chef in the world. So yeah. He dislikes me :D

How long have you been working there? It's about three months for me.

Blade1130

Sep 25, 2011
There's a couple games I have that I like to play that are very quick and non-intrusive. One is Spelunky [http://spelunkyworld.com/original.html], there's an XBLA version now, but the original PC one is still free and a ton of fun. Also I've been doing FTL: Faster than Light [http://store.steampowered.com/app/212680/?snr=1_7_suggest__13] recently. Both games are really quick to play and they randomize the world each playthrough, so they are quick, replayable, and easy to minimize. What you need while working!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Come to think of it... does anyone know where I can get that really classic PC chess game where the pieces brutally murdered each other? I think it came standard with Windows 95' or something. That thing was the shit. If my co-workers saw me playing it they'd probably want to play too XD

EDIT: Looks like it was called Battle Chess. I need to get this!

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
I don't have a computer to use at work. If I'm bored I usually listen to my ipod.

However this week I've working in the 'attic' on my own. So I brought some speakers in and have been listening to metal/rave music all week. I rigged up some lights to a 12v battery and started my own exclusive rave club, consisting of me and whoever came up stairs to see how being alone was affecting me.

Ermmm...

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I draw on my hands.
I currently have "The Serenity"'s Seal on my hand, and some arrows going down my hands to my fingers.
Also paper airoplanes. I make and customize them, bring 'em home and stick 'em up.
Must have like, twenty? :p

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Read books and comics, play retro emulated video games on my shitty laptop, watch TV/movies, annoy passers-by with my choice of music... Funnily enough, I can't get good signal strength so no Internet browsing.
No seriously, I get paid to do this shit. *sigh* One day, I'm gonna get a real job.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I have a really physical job so, I don't get a lot of downtime. The problem though is that for the most part I either stock the Electronics or, Toys section so I can't help but to get a little distracted by games, ponies, etc.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I don't really have time to be bored. I work with food so it's usually quite busy for a few hours. When it quieten down though, and when everything else has been done I'll just stand around and chat. Depending on who's working with me, we might have a right laugh.
I asked one of the lads I work with, "If zombies broke into the shop, what would you use in this shop to fight them off with?"
He went for the mop and I went for the trays with one of the breadknifes as back-up. Pretty funny conversation.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Rogue 9 said:
I work in a call centre environment, although it's actually a business faults area for a Telco, so my busy-ness depends on how many calls we get. Some days it's non-stop, other days I get some substantial periods of time to kill.

In my not-on-the-phone time over the last month I've been reading through the entirety of the Detective Conan/Case Closed manga series, all 800+ chapters, after previously reading through all of Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Fairy Tail. Having finally made it up to date with Detective Conan, I'm now catching up on Jimquisition.
when reading do you get frustrated when you get to a good bit and someone calls?
i imagine its like "WHAT!!? what do you want!!?"
also do you get angry callers?

slarlath

Apr 24, 2009
Due to the physical nature of my job I have just about no spare time in my day at all but when I do find a moment to sit I get bored very quickly.
I started doing origami some time ago and found that it keeps me entertained and the kids I work with seem to enjoy the creations.

Nov 27, 2010
My work (when I can get it) tends to be somewhat closely monitered and no computer or phone access which means no books either. So the only habit I developed in terms of slacking off was hiding in the break room eating sugar packets

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
At the moment, as a kitchenhand, I only get 2 hours, and have not once been able to leave on time. So whenever I have a free moment I'm frantically looking for something to fill it. Because every second I'm not doing anything is a second after 6 I leave.
I know what you mean. I like the quietness, but I'm just thinking: "If it's all going to hit me at once, I'm going to be PISSED!"

Doesn't help that the head chef isn't exactly a cool head. Also, he dislikes me on principle, because I'm the sort of person who comes off very educated in their mannerisms, and stuff like that, while he's one of those people who bummed out of education in secondary school, and while he managed to end up owning this small hotel, it's one where he has to work all day six days a week. So not the most successful chef in the world. So yeah. He dislikes me :D

How long have you been working there? It's about three months for me.
Haha, yeah, curse of the kitchenhand. I manage to do cutlery in between though, so it's not too bad, but recently I've been getting too good at doing the cutlery and even that isn't enough to fill the gaps anymore.

You have my sympathy. I only have coworkers who speak some other language amongst themselves and don't involve me much, but they're not actually spiteful of me. Don't seem to grasp the concept of leaving as soon as you're paid for though. I've been there since about this time last year, applied just after my HSC.