When game hate becomes laughable.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
When feminists reflexively demand the realistic portrayal of women's bodies in games that try to have as little to do with "realism" as they can get away with.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Err...No. It was already introduced and popularised. It had been used in gaming culture and just about every other place you'd mentioned.
I saw it in a couple of places on the net over the years, but it spread like a plague after ME3.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Phoenixmgs said:
And in Mirror's Edge, you play as hands.
You call 'em fingers but you never see 'em fing....

SKBPinkie said:
I meant to say that I didn't have an issue with it as much as other people, but even without the extended endings, I don't think the game deserved a shitstorm of that degree.
"Everybody lives" doesn't really happen in the original endings. Even perfect destruction has a bit of a flaw there.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Pretty much most people complaining about COD series, or really pretty much any AAA game...

Theres bound to be some stupid in every fan(and hate)base... but sometimes it gets so over the top it isnt even funny.

This is, not to say, that the COD fanbase itself can be annoying at times as well... but usually I ironically find the COMPLAINERS about the series as a whole a LOT more annoying than the fans.

ERaptor

Oct 4, 2010
Ishal said:
I agree that pointing out a mistake is valid, and very necessary. However, since the topic is about the magical line when that stuff gets ridicolous, i just thought Mass Effect applied. Because one thing i know, and that was that the majority of complaints was basically Fanboys screaming at the top of their voice, demanding their money back after hours of gameplay. Its the equivalent of eating a 4 part meal at a restaurant, and then demand your money back because you didnt like the dessert. And to be honest, considering how most complaints where written, how threats were used, how most Fans behaved like 3 year olds loosing their sh*t, if i were Bioware, i wouldnt even have dignified the whole thing with an answer. Sh*t happens, Companys fuck up. And its okay to tell them that they fucked up. But what the Mass Effect Fans did was behave like monkeys at the zoo and angrily throw their sh*t in every direction.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
ERaptor said:
Ishal said:
And to be honest, considering how most complaints where written, how threats were used, how most Fans behaved like 3 year olds loosing their sh*t, if i were Bioware, i wouldnt even have dignified the whole thing with an answer. Sh*t happens, Companys fuck up. And its okay to tell them that they fucked up. But what the Mass Effect Fans did was behave like monkeys at the zoo and angrily throw their sh*t in every direction.
But see, that's exactly my point. It all comes down to don't feed the trolls, right? But Bioware DID. CONTINUOUSLY. Thereby justifying all that shit throwing.

The whole point of ME was that you could make choices in the very first game and see them cast effects until the end. Each person was supposed to have a unique story that flowed exactly the way their choices shaped the narrative.

"We're tired of A B C endings, we're not going to have that." Lies.

When you have people sitting at the end of your game wondering why they wasted time and money on two other games, plus the last one? Not good. Simply calling it a mistake doesn't do it justice. Death threats are never okay, for anything. But the smug attitude Bioware held only added to the issue. It's like Phil Fish, did he deserve all the shit spewed at him? And I do mean ALL of it. No, not all. But a lot of it? Yeah, because a lot of it was instigated by him.