When Gamers Breed

APVarney

Writer and game designer
Aug 15, 2006
When Gamers Breed

Mom, Dad, and three kids share the same WoW guild. Why don't we hear more about them? Allen Varney explores how gaming should be used as both a parenting tool and a bonding experience, and not as a scapegoat.

weng

Feb 8, 2008
I think this was a very good story.. I mean you don't hear about the parents who play video games with their kids. I have seen parents, play with their children on Counter Strike Source..Ohh it was funny..

Meshakhad_v1legacy

Feb 20, 2008
In a few years, I may know parents who play with their kids. The CEO of my corp in EVE is married with kids to another corp member, so I await the day that they bring their kids online.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
:D
8D
This makes me so happy~ It's great, not just seeing games in a family-friendly light, but good parents in general. +50 awesome points for creative parenting, people! The only gamer mom I know personally is not a stellar parent (like, the stay-home-from-school-for-three-days-to-put-seventy-two-straight-hours-on-this-new-Naruto-game-with-me kind of stellar), so I love seeing the concept put so positively.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
BUT WHY> VIDEOGAEMS KILL PPL AND ND MAKE CHI,LDREN GO MAD?!?!/11/1

nice to see that kind of story for a change!

geekgamer

Aug 24, 2011
I think it is great that video gaming can be used as a bonding tool with your kids. I think it is better than letting them go off on their own and isolating themselves in their room. Instead of putting headphones on and always playing independently, I am a supporter of playing together to bond every once in awhile.