When in a foreign country. .what do you do?

Mitzi952

May 2, 2010
I've noticed that whenever i, or my friends or family or whatever go on holiday to another country that we tend to gaze out of the plane window oohing and aahing at the lovely landscape or something, complaining about how much England sucks. Then, the moment we step off the plane we LOVE England, and want to convince everyone in the whole country that it rules.

Am i the only one that does this?

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Probably... not. According to this...

Subzerowings said:
You have about a 1 in 6,818,900,000 chance that you are the only one.
The chances that you are the only one are very slim.

As for what I plan to do... when I go to Germany I'm going to shout Nazi until they arrest me and I make a phone call to the United States Embassy. I may even unfurl a Jolly Roger for kicks. I don't want to be a jackass, but they make it so darn easy.

Went to Mexico though, nothing wrong there except for forty year old guys flirting with sixteen year old women. I think one of those men may have even been fifty years old.

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
The home is where the heart is.
It isn't unnatural I guess, but I never do it.

Mr. Grey said:
Probably... not. You are never the only one, never.
I beg to differ.
If the world population kept growing into infinity at a rapid pace, the statement would be correct because an infinitly decreasing number would equal zero.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I've never done this, but I do end up gazing at the scenery in places I've never been to before.

Call Me Arizona

Apr 27, 2010
I don't usually talk about where I'm from unless I'm asked, even then, I usually just talk about the city, not the country. I'm from the US, Virginia Beach.
I tend to get excited over speed signs in kilometers for some reason.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I try to see the sights and eat the exotic food, but try not to draw attention to the fact that I'm an American tourist (if called out, I usually pretend I'm Australian).

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Theres an old saying that says "when in rome, do as teh romans" unfortunately it's all i've got, cause i've heard no old wisdom tell me what to do when i'm other places.
Seeing as it's an old saying, i try to do as teh old school romans when i'm in anotehr country, attend eating, drinking and sex orgies, challenge people to gladiator fights and conqouer europe with a vast army.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Subzerowings said:
Mr. Grey said:
Probably... not. You are never the only one, never.
I beg to differ.
If the world population kept growing into infinity at a rapid pace, the statement would be correct because an infinitly decreasing number would equal zero.
Bah! And yet the post right after yours proves me right in this case, but fine... I'll change it up a bit to accommodate your statistics. Curse your statistical prowess...

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
I tend to miss home like crazy when I'm in the foreign country and pine for the things about the foreign country I liked when I get home. Everyday I'm in Ireland I long for the smell of pine trees, makkari, salmakki and a nice crystal clear lake to swim in, but when I'm in Finland I long for full Irish breakfasts, CMP milk, taxi driving meteorologists from Nigeria and people who speak English as if they've only got 4 seconds to complete any sentence.

Ah, the joys of home.