When you create a character...

Colours

Nov 16, 2009
It's normally how I want to look.

By that I mean my features, only slightly manlier. Me in 10 years say, with lots of stubble.

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
I usually try to make one that's decent looking, especially if I have to see the character very often when I play.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I always do one of two things.

A)Base the character on a pre-existing character from a book, movie, comic, game, or anime if the design option makes it plausible. Most commonly, I will use Lina Inverse from Slayers.

B)If the game allows you to pick options of being heroic or bastardly, I make a sexy girl who is a total *****, or an effeminately sexy guy who's a goodie-goodie.

(I'm a girl & pretty much only play RTSRPGs & combat city builders).

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Jekken6 said:
I don't know. In fallout 3, for some reason, my male caucasian characters share a striking resemblance to Chuck Norris.
Mine looked like Cpt. Price.

OT: I usually try to make a character that looks about like me.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I make them look like someone I'd reeeally like to play with. My Fallout 3 and Saints Row 2 characters are simply gorgeous :)

gRiM_rEaPeRsco

Jun 11, 2008
gbemery said:
gRiM_rEaPeRsco said:
There wasn't a scottish accent in SR2
Well so I got the accent wrong. It is late, it has been some time since I played the game and I have played many others since but none the less whatever voice it was it was pretty sweet.
No need to get so defensive deary i was just saying :p

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
i usually look at the character styles and options and then go with whatever of my roleplaying characters i feel like being at the time. This also applies to how i play as the character. good vs evil and whatnot.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
*deep breath* I usually try to make the goddamn prettiest character I can, down to the reasonable hint of red/blue hair. So I basically Mary Sue-ise my character. There, I said it.

But I figure, hey you know what, I'm gonna spend 100+ hours staring at a character('s behind), so I might as well make them eye candy.

FluffyNeurosis

Oct 22, 2009
I try and make myself and failing that Joseph Stalin. The funniest/ugliest character I ever helped create was when I kept giving my friend bad advice when he was making his Saints Row 2 character. He ended up with a white dude in black face who talked all street that he promptly dubbed night n*****. Running around with gangsters dressed as pimps and ho?s who had the jig as the gang sign never stopped being funny.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
Someone who looks decent. Oblivion makes that impossible so I just roll with it and make the ugliest goddamn person in Tamriel.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
I tend to create completely ridiculous and ugly characters as well. I'm certainly not going to model them after myself, that would be just awkward (although Mii's are still abstract enough to make this not bother me).

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Diablini said:
Someone who looks decent. Oblivion makes that impossible so I just roll with it and make the ugliest goddamn person in Tamriel.
So when the Emperor said "I've seen you in my dreams" he really meant nightmares, right? Poor guy... XD

It's actually possible to make a good looking character in Olivion. My sister tweaked and messed around a lot with the options until she got a pretty blond chick. It sure took a hell of a long time, but it's possible. If you've got a monstrous amount of patience, that is...

ChronoNexus

Aug 5, 2009
Well, first I ask myself why I'm making the character- what do I intend to do with it? What kind of experience do I want to come away with, after playing it?
From there, I discern what character concepts/archetypes would apply. And then I level/advance the character according to the concept.
Although, sometimes I'll change the character's specialization halfway through. Sometimes the interesting bits aren't immediately apparent.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
I stopped farting about with the character editor after Saint's Row 2. At least I put effort into it...tried to make my dude look cool. He pulled off the black and neon purple cornrow topknot pretty well, imo. Topped off with that pseudo-British-Whateverthefuck accent and a whole wardrobe of nothing but black, purple and gold, he was pretty awesome imo. Too bad my laptop has pathetic RAM.

The only other game I messed around with was Oblivion, and then I would try to make the ugliest character possible. Made a lizard look like a murloc. Fun times.

And playing Fallout 3 on a console made fiddling with the sliders a long and boring process, so I just picked a face, hair, and rolled with it.

tdp316

Oct 15, 2009
My Fallout 3 character accidentally turned out to be Lemmy... I have no idea what I was trying to do, it's far too like Lemmmy for me to have attempted it!

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
i always make a character that looks like what i wish to be..
its a guy with a beautiful face and calm look , more like an nobleman or a knight FYI im always on the good side and usually choose knight class (high personality so every one can be my b1tch and weapons skills so i can go CHOP CHOPY!)