When you get out of bed late at night

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
And you go to the bathroom, downstairs, or whatever.

When you've finished doing what you are doing, and you turn the lights off, do you run back, or just walk through the dark?

Myself, I run like a crazy fool. As soon as I flush, I tug the light string, and run.

I'm terrified of the dark.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I pretend to be a ninja.

I really should be a ninja, because my parents get mad when I wake up late. Don't know why, and they're staying up late themselves.

I stay in the dark, walk slowly and silently like a zombie ninja.

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:

When you've finished doing what you are doing, and you turn the lights off, do you run back, or just walk through the dark?

Myself, I run like a crazy fool. As soon as I flush, I tug the light string, and run.

And the hands? Surely you wash your hands?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Logiclul said:
Sean Hollyman said:

And the hands? Surely you wash your hands?
Hands, flush, then light

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
My house doesn't really get that dark so I just amble my way down then amble my way back in the pale orange luminescents of the street lamps.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I sometimes wake up for water at around four in the morning. I'm normally too tired and cranky to be afraid of the dark at that time though.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Normally I quietly move around without any sense of urgency. Don't want to get my pulse up when I'm supposed to be resting.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
depends on my state of mind

somtimes Im fine, somtimes I can freak myself out

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I always move around in the dark at night. I know where everything is, every creaky floorboard and step. Also, going to the loo in the dark isn't as hard as it sounds. My combined skill of using echolocation whilst urinating in the pitch black of night may be of use some day.

Probably not, but still.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
I get all philosophical and stare at myself in the mirror/stand looking at the wall for a while if i wake up in the middle of the night for some reason, probably because my heads a lot clearer after sleep, and I still feel in a dream like state for 5 or 10 minutes after waking up, although I don't dare move out of my covers if I just woke from a nightmare xP

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I often find myself stumbling downstairs into the kitchen in complete darkness to make a drink, it isn't until I get down there to get whatever I wanted to get that I suddenly become aware of the fact that I can barely see. This is the point where I promptly make a mad dash for my bedroom, taking the steps four at a time.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
The dark doesn't bother me. I can walk around my house in pitch darkness. Only thing I need to be worried about is where my cats are lying down. I have a tendency to step on them if I'm not cautious. xD

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Your doing it wrong. Your not supposed to turn the lights on at all . When i get up to take a pee , i do it in complete darkness . When you can acurately aim in the dark , you are truly master of your domaine! That and as soon as i turn on the light , i cannot for the life of me fall back to sleep. Oh wait i didn't answer the question . I don't run i walk . But to be fair i never run , ever.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I pretend to be a ninja.

I really should be a ninja, because my parents get mad when I wake up late. Don't know why, and they're staying up late themselves.

I stay in the dark, walk slowly and silently like a zombie ninja.
Once upon a time, this used to confuse me. Why would parents be mad at children being up late, when they are themselves.

Since my stepson started staying over.. I suddenly get it.

Parent's want time where they are not having to worry about the kids!

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I walk through. The darkness does not scare me. Rather... the darkness should be scared of me, if anything! Muahahahahaha!

*coughs*

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I don't always get out of bed at night, but when I do, I use my phone's flashlight app instead of the room lights.

I also don't run, because the darkness is where I shine. It's nice being in the dark.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I normally try to walk, but I tend to fall of the stairs especially in the darkness, then I stumbling walk up the stairs after drinking, falling off stairs hurts, though I rarely get scared to run away, this isn't because I don't get scared but more because I lack a sense of urgency so I tend to be calm even when I'm scared this pisses people off when it's trembling and I'm just watching TV under the fan instead of hiding, but what can I say I don't feel urgency most of the time.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
I dont turn on the lights at all. I stay in the dark so I can pee without really waking up. Also I pee into the bath tub and just turn on the shower for a second so I don't have to aim.