When you're inebriated...

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Well... it takes a lot of alcohol to really get to me... but when it does I start getting philosophical. I have a friend with the same threshold tolerance as me, and we usually get into useless political discussions and we often end up believing that we found the solutions to all the worlds problems... though our circle of friends tell us otehrwise.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Drunk me is just normal me but slightly more talkative, and significantly more clumsy.

People are always disappointed by this. They're all like, "Hey, we'll get the big, silent lunk pissed, then he'll lose his inhibitions and unleash the party animal hidden within."

Then they discover that it takes an awful lot of drink to do the job and the results are hardly spectacular.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ahh liquid confidence. Hard to avoid as un unconfident person.
Anyhows it depends what mood you go into drinking with and who with. I personally get very musical and start to believe what im playing is actually fckin awesome. Well sometimes.
Get very chatty...randon ppl somehow appear in my phone contacts under code names like "god" and "belladorian", why? I dont know. Ask the drunk me in approximately 4-5 hours time.
Oh and sometimes naughty primal urges. Like murder.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The last time I was anywhere near inebriated I remember laying down on a couch and thinking to myself, "Wow, normally laying down makes dizziness go away...This is quite an unpleasant sensation." I feel like this was New Years Eve, going from 2006 to 2007.

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Apparently I become relaxed/mellowed and difficult to agitate, according to a friend who tried to make me angry when we had a dorm-party =P

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Giggly and sleepy.

Some people get horny, some get angry.

I just get sleepy :3
My girlfriend is the same way, so that works out super well for both of us.

"Wanna have sex?"
"Nah"
"Me neither, let's eat this bag of chips and go to sleep."
"Best plan."
"Super best plan."
IM NOT ALONE.

I get SO mellow when drunk, ill be in a bar, having a good time and suddenly ill reach that point. The point where it dawns on me "This is fun... but i wanna be home in bed now playing video games or listening to music. I want doritoes. Standing is such an effort. Sitting is such an effort. I want to revert to my true form as a larvae and form a cocoon of games, crisps and significant other. "

Ill suddenly wanna just lie down and do nothing.

This is why, to avoid being "boring", i drink fuck tonnes of energy drink before hand so i dont get tired too early. I always reach the mellow stage though. I literally revert to the lazy uni student stereotype.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Alcohol (to quote Bill Cosby) "intensifies my personality". So I become much more of a wise ass, my jokes get cornier and I feel hornier.

And yes, I DO have magical kung fu powers.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
When I'm just buzzed, it's a bit horny, happy... No way to bring me down... I'm more sociable, which for me, is the purpose for drinking. That happy buzzzz~

When I'm drunk-drunk? My body has told me that I have crossed the line. Where I'm from, we've got a very strong tradition of "I don't give a fuck." I make very terrible decisions (I just had 2 shots of run, 8 shots of Vodka, and what is she having? Tequila? I'll have that too. She's really, really cute.) but I don't do illegal things. I want to make people do things for me, make them happy too, they HAVE to stay in this bar FOREVER, and uhh... Well, I'm trying to make sure I don't cross that line again.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I break things, repressed memories of child abuse surface and I have breakdowns and go home halfway through the night, and I start to eat sore-tummy friendly biscuits.

I also forget that I can walk, I jitter and stumble, and I can't sleep. Most people get sleepy or less active when they're drunk, not me. I behave like a long term cocaine addict.

SillySam

Mar 15, 2011
Depends on how much I've had
It's usually in the range of 'I'm sleepy' to 'more awake than when I'm sober'
In the rare cases where I'm really hammered, I'll rediscover how much I love The Godfather
Daystar Clarion said:
Some people get horny...
I always associate sex and alcohol with this bit from Macbeth XD
...and drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things...
nose-painting, sleep, and urine.
Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes;
it provokes the desire, but it takes
away the performance: therefore, much drink
may be said to be an equivocator with lechery:
it makes him, and it mars him; it sets
him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him,
and disheartens him; makes him stand to, and
not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him
in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.

PeterMerkin69

Dec 2, 2012
I'm the same person I am when I'm sober but clumsier and with weaker inhibition. I characterize a person by their intent and desires rather than their actions--that is their true self--and when I'm drunk I still want and like the same things but my ability to control my behavior is just as impaired as my ability to control my body when I'm trying to pee standing up or walk through a room without banging into anything. For me this means "I was drunk" isn't a valid excuse for anything. What's that saying again? Something about a drunk mouth saying what a sober mind thinks, or something to that effect.

I am generally a buoyant, bubbly person despite the outward appearance of angst so I'm mostly still that. In general I can't concentrate on anything long enough to get angry but if something persistently annoys me then I might try to swat at it.

Marijuana has a similar effect but food also tastes a Hell of a lot better.

I was taking ephedrine and epinephrine for a while and the effects were similar, only instead of being too clumsy to control myself, my drive and energy were increased to the point at which it became too much effort and frankly felt too good to want to control myself. I'm an impulsive person by nature and I'm prone to anger and rage when I'm not happy, and when you've got stimulants in your body that make you feel invincible it only adds to that already euphoric rush. I mean it still feels good when you're not taking anything and you have a good rage but it's even more intense when you, well, enhance that.

Damn it, now I want some stimulants.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
I love everyone when I get drunk. Friends/family/total strangers doesn't matter, I think you're the best and love hanging around ya!

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
for me it just means ill be able to sleep when i go to bed.....other than that..it doesnt do a whole lot.. (assuming by inebriated you dont mean flat out drunk...in wich case i get very happy and horny