Where are the Escapist Podcasts?

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
Where are the Escapist Podcasts? There are supposed to be 5 podcasts a week and there don't even seem to be 5 a month now.

Jim leaves, Loading Ready Run ends, and now not even the podcasts. Seriously this site is getting extremely threadbare for content.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I've been wondering the same for a while.

It seems that the only one that gets put out with any regularity nowadays is the Science and Technology, though I sometimes I question their levels of knowledge on the topics they discuss.

TV/Movies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast-movies-and-tv] hasn't been out for 2 weeks (1/16).
Tabletop [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast-tabletop] hasn't been out for 2 weeks (1/14).
Comics and Cosplay [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast-comics-and-cosplay] hasn't been out for 3 months (11/6).
Video Games [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast] hasn't been out in 5 weeks (12/21).

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
well they fired half the people that do those things and the other half are left to do everything. Somethings are bound to fall by the way side.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
With Ross and Elizabeth gone the Movies & TV podcast is effectively over. As we now learned there was some stuff going on in the Escapist office proper so Video Games hasn't been out in a while. I hope it returns soon but I understand if they've moved on to streaming stuff even though my internet is too spotty to actually watch streams. I enjoy the Science and Technology podcast which thankfully has stayed fairly regular. I don't follow the Tabletop or Comics & Cosplay podcasts, so it's a good thing madwarper already covered that.
Raziel said:
Jim leaves, Loading Ready Run ends, and now not even the podcasts. Seriously this site is getting extremely threadbare for content.
Loading Ready Run, the sketch comedy episodes, is over. They're still doing Unskippable and Feed Dump as well as all their regular content through their website.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Raziel said:
Where are the Escapist Podcasts? There are supposed to be 5 podcasts a week and there don't even seem to be 5 a month now.

I want to personally apologize for the lack of Video Game Podcasts thus far in 2015, but I've got good news on the Podcast front!

Last year, we splintered the Podcast into five separate casts, one for each channel. The move wasn't as successful as we'd hoped, and this ended up splitting the audience, which is less than ideal. Given this, as well as the realities of the current circumstances, I've decided to reunite the Podcasts.

[/spoiler]

This means that instead of channel-specific Podcasts every weekday, we'll have our unified Podcast every Friday, just like the good old days.

We still want to give attention to every channel, of course, so we'll be working on how best to format the Podcast to accommodate that goal. In the short term, at least, we're planning to have channel-specific segments integrated into the overall conversation.

If you've got some favorite personalities from our channel Podcasts, don't worry too much. We're going to be making efforts to keep at least some of our regular casters in the regular rotation.

Fair warning: Tomorrow's inaugural Reunified Escapist Podcast will be a bit different than what you should expect going forward. I wanted to take the opportunity to reintroduce the whole Escapist Team, as well as give you all a chance to meet our new CM, Ron.

Check back every Friday (we aim for 3pm Eastern time, but forgive us if we're a tad late on occasion!) for more Escapist Podcasty Goodness!

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Encaen said:
This means that instead of channel-specific Podcasts every weekday, we'll have our unified Podcast every Friday, just like the good old days.
Whoo! Reunited Podcast hype! If you're able to give an answer, will the "favorite personalities" be fixed or rotating out based on the week's news and who covered which big story that week? I understand if it's still up in the air but I'm curious.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Mezahmay said:
Encaen said:
Whoo! Reunited Podcast hype! If you're able to give an answer, will the "favorite personalities" be fixed or rotating out based on the week's news and who covered which big story that week? I understand if it's still up in the air but I'm curious.
There will certainly be some staples, but the general cast of characters will be rotating on a regular basis, depending on the content for the week.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Mixed news for me. Yeah the tabletop podcast was pretty much the Magic the Gathering Podcast but I really enjoyed the Movies and TV and the Science and Tech podcasts, and Comics could be fascinating in that Comics Are Weird kind of way. Ah well. At least the podcast is continuing is some form.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Encaen said:
Raziel said:

I want to personally apologize for the lack of Video Game Podcasts thus far in 2015, but I've got good news on the Podcast front!

Last year, we splintered the Podcast into five separate casts, one for each channel. The move wasn't as successful as we'd hoped, and this ended up splitting the audience, which is less than ideal. Given this, as well as the realities of the current circumstances, I've decided to reunite the Podcasts.

[/spoiler]

We still want to give attention to every channel, of course, so we'll be working on how best to format the Podcast to accommodate that goal. In the short term, at least, we're planning to have channel-specific segments integrated into the overall conversation.

If you've got some favorite personalities from our channel Podcasts, don't worry too much. We're going to be making efforts to keep at least some of our regular casters in the regular rotation.

Fair warning: Tomorrow's inaugural Reunified Escapist Podcast will be a bit different than what you should expect going forward. I wanted to take the opportunity to reintroduce the whole Escapist Team, as well as give you all a chance to meet our new CM, Ron.

Check back every Friday (we aim for 3pm Eastern time, but forgive us if we're a tad late on occasion!) for more Escapist Podcasty Goodness![/quote]

I'm not one to listen to The Escapist's podcasts regularly, but I would like to just show my appreciation for your actually coming out and making this statement (In a forum thread, speaking directly to your fans no less).

Too often nowadays I see companies refusing to make direct comments, preferring to speak only in press releases and official statements made when they choose to. The reliance on PR as a way of controlling information is one that I find greatly harmful to so much of the game industry.

I find it genuinely gratifying that you saw people were uncertain about the status of the podcasts and, rather than ignoring them and speaking through a news post at a later date, you came and personally gave reassurance to people who were uncertain, and for that I thank you.