Where are the Nintendo Switch Leaks? Found them

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I'm completely surprised at how Nintendo has kept the Nintendo Switch Under raps. Compared to Sony who had a Physical PS4 leaked out before they announced it. Microsoft got the Xbox S and Scopio leaked too.

The first Official trailer they announced it the day before it was coming out. People didn't think Nividia was making the Graphics card because they said nothing about in their investor's meeting. We know its a Modified Terga Chip which can be stronger then a PS4, but there are reports that it may be weaker then a PS4.

I wonder how bad their nondisclosure agreement it is.

Edit: This is what I was looking for [youtube=Q3rv0VuYA_Y

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Because Sony is more than 'just' a gaming company.

Nintendo is insanely paranoid about its shit, and they're almost 100% a gaming first company.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013

Its Nintendo, and a new console to boot. It'll tank and be laughed at, and abandoned in 2 years. That's the way of things.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Silentpony said:

Its Nintendo, and a new console to boot. It'll tank and be laughed at, and abandoned in 2 years. That's the way of things.
screenshotting this post so i can laugh at it in a years time after Switch has become a massive success.

KaraFang

Aug 3, 2015
kilenem said:
I'm completely surprised at how Nintendo has kept the Nintendo Switch Under raps. Compared to Sony who had a Physical PS4 leaked out before they announced it. Microsoft got the Xbox S and Scopio leaked too.

Have you considered that number/frequency of leaks often are related to popularity and desire of the product with the public?

Transalation: Very few people appear to be interested. I have a WIDE circle of gaming friends who all play on various systems... have I heard anyone talk about the Switch since the trailer for it? No. Did anyone ask about or for information about it? No.

There's your answer...

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
KaraFang said:
kilenem said:

Have you considered that number/frequency of leaks often are related to popularity and desire of the product with the public?

Transalation: Very few people appear to be interested. I have a WIDE circle of gaming friends who all play on various systems... have I heard anyone talk about the Switch since the trailer for it? No. Did anyone ask about or for information about it? No.

There's your answer...
your group of friends definitely outweigh the rest of the worlds population for sure.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
MC1980 said:
It feels like I've seen hardware 'leaks' every month for the past 6 months now. Are you sure you were looking OP?

All of them seem to point at it being (quite) weaker than an Xbone. Slightly stronger than a Shield TV, but with lower clock speeds. Better performance comes from architectural improvements, API improvements and some hardware elements being stronger (like RAM, I think).

Screen is 720p, CPU and GPU clock speeds are throttled to save battery life, which might carry over to when it's docked too, for whatever reason. Don't remember if it's native or upscaled, but 1080p is the target when docked. Probably varies on a per game basis.

It's a handheld first, console second, so temper your expectations according to that.
My understanding was that the leaks were largely coming from patent information and the stuff that wasn't was even more unreliable. I don't know, I kind of lost interest in following amid all the bullshit.

I think people are very much expecting that in terms of power. It's still a handheld and still from Nintendo. That's pretty much par for the course.

At this point the most anticipated news is price point and launch titles. It doesn't really matter what's under the hood if it plays games that you want to play. Power may be relevant to third party support but the install base is going to be more significant and early success in that regard is going to depend on price and games.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
KaraFang said:
kilenem said:

There's your answer...
Who wanted the PS4 slim?

Las7

Nov 22, 2014
Launch lineup according to 4chan "leaker" who is setting up the game show floor in one of the locations in Europe:

>Has Been Heroes - Indie viking style action game. Being developed by Frozenbyte (Shadwen, Nine Parchments).
>Fast RMX - Fast Racing NEO redone on Switch with new content.
>Snipperclips - Small title that uses the two joycons for two players. That's all I know.
>Splatoon 2 - It's a sequel, not just a port.
>Super Bomberman R - Surprise!
>Arms - Fantasy fighting game. All characters are themed and have long arms with different powers/effects. Art style very reminiscent of The Wonderful 101, may be developed by Platinum Games.
>Disgaea 5 Complete - Original game with all DLC
>Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers - Port with new content.
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Port with new content.
>Super Mario Odyssey - New 3D Mario title. Logo has a plane in it, implying a new flight mechanic.
>Zelda BoTW
>Just Dance 2017
>Skylanders Imaginators
>1 2 Switch - The Switch's minigame compilation, showcasing the tech. Games include (don't know exact names) Samurai Training, Wild West Shootout, Crack the safe, milk, ball catch and copy the beat.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Las7 said:
>Fast RMX - Fast Racing NEO redone on Switch with new content.
I'd be happy just to see this appear with the list you made. Fast Racing NEO was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. Would be great to see it ported over

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Las7 said:
OK, this confirms it's bullshit. Pretty sure Bomberman is a Konami property, and as we know, they don't actually make games anymore.

Las7

Nov 22, 2014
McMarbles said:
Las7 said:
OK, this confirms it's bullshit. Pretty sure Bomberman is a Konami property, and as we know, they don't actually make games anymore.
Konami licenses their properties since they aren't making video games any longer. There was a recent game Nintendo made and release while the IP is owned by Konami

Found it Momotaro Dentetsu:

Today?s Japanese Nintendo Direct had something else not included in the overseas versions. Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! is slated for winter.

Nintendo previously secured the Momotaro Dentetsu license from Konami.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
inu-kun said:
Weaver said:
Las7 said:
>Disgaea 5 Complete - Original game with all DLC
I am now much, MUCH more interested in the switch. I love Disgaea!
The 5th game was terrible, though. It's not just the worst game in the series but rather the worst game in the Disgaea universe including spin offs and different stories like Makai Kingdom.
I loved it mechanically, but I did not like it storywise.