Where are you getting your copy of Skyrim?

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I have a buddy who works in Gamestop so I preordered through him.

Helps because a lot of times I can get games that he "buys" with his discount. Fable 2 for $4? Yeah, it's worth that.

Redworld13

Jul 27, 2010
Probably a local shop called dungeon crawl, great prices and i wants me a boxed copy. Although i may get desperate and just use steam

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I'm not getting it (at least not on launch day, I want to see how it does before I judge if I want it) but my friends who are getting are getting it at gamestop since that is the place they know best and they never much cared for online shopping.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Probably Steam, but it's disappointing that it's version has no discount or additives to it unlike other distributors.

I'm going to wait and see what local prices are like in stores on week of release to see if I can get a better price.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Gamestop! I've had my copy reserved since it was available for preorder. I have 31 dollars on my gamestop card too.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
brodie21 said:
Vuavu said:
Amazon. I've been screwed by stores too many times haha. I trust machines more than I trust humans when it concerns such things
yeah. i ordered fallout new vegas from gamestop online and they had the bank put a hold on my account for the same price as the game while still withdrawing the price of the game from my account. fuck gamestop
I pre-ordered Dragon Age II (signature/collector's addition) at BestBuy and when went to pick it up they said my copy wasn't there. So I laughed (legitimately thought they were joking haha) and pointed out a single copy of it behind the counter. They said it was somebody else's. I found out that two people had ordered it, me being one of them, and the other guy already picked up his copy (mine), but since his copy still had his name on it, they wouldn't let me have it. They told me I could have the regular game or my money back. I kept fighting and they said they could send me the DLC code. I said that was ok, even though I wanted the C.E. metal case. Later, they e-mailed the code and I noticed it was free DLC that Bioware was handing out to everybody... Haha so I just gave up on pre-ordering games from stores

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
brodie21 said:
I was just wondering where people get their games mostly. I havent set foot in a gamestop in a few years because i order them online when i can and i get pretty good deals. for example my copy of skyrim is going to run me about 55 dollars compared to probably 65 dollars in gamestop. and thats with same day shipping from amazon.

so where do you get your games

edit: poll is acting up forget about the poll
much as i'd like to have a DVD version of this game, it will likely be a digital version as that is just so much easier get and fit into my schedule.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Gamestop, I haven't had any of the problems other people have had so I see no reason to purchase anywhere else. At least for my console games.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Steam. By the will of fate I have several 2TB HDDs, only one of which is even half filled, so it's digital for me.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not wasting my money on Skyrim. Oblivion was way too boring for me to even continue it. But anyway, I'm buying "my" copy at Gamestop. Technically, it is for a friend.

As for games, I get them at Gamestop, from Steam, or from D2D. Also, rarely from Amazon or Newegg. Best Buy has screwed me over, so I try to avoid buying stuff there.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
I ordered it from Eb Games right after I traded in a bunch of games. Had enough credit to get the limited edition preorder so I did. I found out later that retail PC copies have steamworks so it will sync up to my Steam, which made me happy.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
I have it preordered at gamestop because it's the closest place to our house, and I've never had problems with ours, all the employees are very polite so I really don't mind going.

Bestbuy and Futureshop near here are fucked up. A new copy of Assassins Creed Brotherhood was 40$ and the used copy was 50$. I really hope that was just a mistake, but they did that with other games too.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
I'll be getting mine from Steam, when I get it. I go in the poor people's bucket; so I can't preorder it, or otherwise get it on day one. Which sucks...majorly.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Amazon, probably. I'm in college, and if I get Skyrim...I'll get sucked in. So it's going to be shipped home for the holidays.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Amazon.ca for me! I'll have it in my hands about, oh, one week after release or so. Or maybe not, seeing as I ordered directly from Amazon, and not from one of the available third parties.

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
rekabdarb said:
That implies i'm getting it!

You know what they say about people who assume. They should kill themselves
But he's not assuming that we're all getting it. He's just asking the question that those of us that are getting it will answer.

OT: I'm getting it on xbox from Gamestop. My computer won't be able to handle it. >.<

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Gamestop. The one I go to is quite nice, never had any major issues there. Plus they are doing a midnight release.