Where did all the older Escapist users go?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Daffy F said:
Dango said:
Most of them have been banned, the ones that haven't tend to stick to forum games or user groups.
Pretty much this. The only really prolific users who have been around for more than 2 years or so (and who still posts actively on the forums) as far as I can tell are Sassafrass and Neonbob...
A fair few of the prolific users who were big when I started posting a lot left when Demented Teddy got banned, though.
Good old Teddy. You could always count on her for a...."heated" converstaion.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
Most old users have either left or only lurk. The ones that don't tend to be in User Reviews, Forum Games, or the User Groups. I hardly ever see a 2007, the only one I can think of from the top of my head is Manaman.

I'll get my Landmark badge in a month, does that make me an old Escapist?
I'd say if you have over 10,000 posts that makes you an old Escapist lol.

I have only 5000 or so, and I've been here for a couple years.
Hardly. I've a friend who got 10000 posts in just one month.
lol that's absurd. That means he was posting 300 times a day every day for a whole 31 days. If true, your friend needs to step away from the internet a little lol

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
Most old users have either left or only lurk. The ones that don't tend to be in User Reviews, Forum Games, or the User Groups. I hardly ever see a 2007, the only one I can think of from the top of my head is Manaman.

lol that's absurd. That means he was posting 300 times a day every day for a whole 31 days. If true, your friend needs to step away from the internet a little lol
He just really liked the User Groups and forum games.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
anthony87 said:
Daffy F said:
A fair few of the prolific users who were big when I started posting a lot left when Demented Teddy got banned, though.
True.
Also, I just looked back at my friends list... Blast from the past, man...
Pimppeter2, Fat Man Spoon, TheNamelessGuy, PayJ567, Insanum, Julianking93... To name but a few guys I remember being prolific but never see posting any more. Also Furburt, but I'm fairly sure he was banned.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:

what's his username?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'm here! I'm stubborn as hell though. Even if someone told me to leave I'd chain myself to the website and only move in my own time.
can't believe it's been 3 years...
I haven't seen many of the old posters recently, or I've only befriended the old ones recently, a lot of the newer ones are nice too.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I joined basically because of Yahtzee. I remember a friend of mine introducing Zero Punctuation to my teammates, though I didn't really pay that much attention to him until a year later.

...Man, I really need to go back in time. Then, maybe I could save the world from something I could have stopped... But I digress. I'm from 2008 and I'm still here.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
DarthFennec said:
Sup I said:
DarthFennec said:
Well the longer you stay, the more chance there is to get banned ... that might be part of it ... Also the Extra Credits thing might have been part of it.

When I read OP's post, I misinterpreted it, checked his profile, and was really confused lol.
Why were you so confused?
Because you asked about the older Escapists, implying that you yourself were one ... you're like 15 though. But then I realized you meant older as in the people who joined a while ago.
Oh, yeah I can see how you could misinterpret the title.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I guess I'll make a appearance just for you. To prove how old a member I am, I remember when unforgotten realms was around and Zero Punctuation just came out. I guess I should also mention doomsday arcade, though I was never a fan of it. Also there will be brawl and ENN.

I don't post around here much anymore. Not sure why, just lost a taste for the Forums.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Daffy F said:
anthony87 said:
Daffy F said:
True.
Also, I just looked back at my friends list... Blast from the past, man...
Pimppeter2, Fat Man Spoon, TheNamelessGuy, PayJ567, Insanum, Julianking93... To name but a few guys I remember being prolific but never see posting any more. Also Furburt, but I'm fairly sure he was banned.
Insanum left for a while, but he's back now. He just doesn't post often enough to get noticed again. =P

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
Erm...Demented Teddy was a girl.
Again, can't remember whether it was Demented Teddy or someone else.

Mcupobob said:
I guess I'll make a appearance just for you. To prove how old a member I am, I remember when unforgotten realms was around and Zero Punctuation just came out. I guess I should also mention doomsday arcade, though I was never a fan of it. Also there will be brawl and ENN.

I don't post around here much anymore. Not sure why, just lost a taste for the Forums.
Remember the Drawn to Pain series? tried checking out one episode back in the day, meh.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Well, I'm still here. I got interested in Zero Punctuation and then I decided that I wanted to jump in and join the conversations on the Escapist given that I had noticed a very anti-Halo bias on the forums and wanted to add my say as a Halo fan.
That was back in 2009 and I've been here ever since, I don't post as frequently granted but I still am always around and lurking.

Nov 28, 2007
I'm an older member, though I can't help but think I'm more noticeable for my avatar than anything else. I've just sort of drifted away, mostly. It truly did seem at some point that the Escapist was a more intelligent discussion site for games, where you could say what you felt about games and the most you'd get was a drive-by argument. "Oh, Reginald...I DISAGREE! *screech*" Now, however, it's become a lot more "burn the witch", while still claiming it's a more intelligent forum.

I still post reviews at least weekly, and I lurk about. But I've just become...disillusioned, I guess. I mean, there are still plenty of great people on here. But I still remember a few months back when I was going through some serious issues, and asked the people on here what I should do about it. Nine posts in was someone telling me to kill myself. He did get a warning, I believe, but I still remember when I joined, that response would probably have gotten him banned.

I still have great memories, though. I still remember a long time ago, a troll put up a thread. It was shut down about 20 pages in, 15 of which were an epic troll slaying fantasy quest. Good times.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:

what's his username?
This be he http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Scde2

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:
zehydra said:
Sporky111 said:

what's his username?
This be he http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Scde2
Holy cow. He has > 40k posts, and joined in 2010.