Where have you been all my life?!?!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
We all have it happen...

You hear about a great piece of work and you decide that you should probably check that out. An album a friend said you'll love, a TV Show with an actor you really like, a movie with a trailer that looks epic, a sex swing that looks like would fit your needs like a glove; whatever.

Bottom line is that we all have things in our lives that we get to waaaay past everyone else and when you finally get to it...greatness.

I have just discovered my (newest) "where have you been all my life".

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

I love this show. It has nine freaking seasons done already and I am just now getting to watching it. I am cutting through it like a hot knife in some already partially melted butter (I just started Season 3 after watching the show two weeks ago for the first time). This show has everything that I want in a comedy and it's just absolutely hilarious. Probably shouldn't invite my Grandma over to watch it but everyone else should give it a go.

So what relic have you just discovered and now you're wondering how you could have possibly lived without it for so long?

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Blackadder. I always dismissed it because it was something my parents probably watched and most my friends liked it, but I'd never actually seen an episode. I marathoned the whole series last month just for the hell of it and it's definitely one of the greatest comedies, if not the greatest. Maybe the show was just waiting for my sense of humour to mature (not that the show is difficult, just that I have a love-hate relationship with most comedies).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Star Trek: TNG (more or less)

for some reason I always assumed I'd find star trek boring, even after really enjoying first contact, finally after seeing some voyager on TV one night and thinking "huh..this trek stuff is actually pretty watchable" I dived into TNG

Kontarek

Aug 1, 2012
Country
USA
Twin Peaks.

Goddamn is that show brilliant. About a month ago it was just another show I'd heard things about but never gotten around to watching. Then, largely on a whim, I watch the first episode on Netflix and I'm instantly hooked. Special Agent Dale Cooper is the finest bastard who ever lived.

Damn good coffee.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Back when I was really into J-Pop/J-Rock I went from X [Japan] to Malice Mizer to Moi Dix Mois to Dir en Grey etc...what I DIDN'T know about was the band Seikima-II. Awesome hair-metal, awesome guitar solos, awesome songs in general, EVEN A FREAKING OVA, A FAMICOM GAME, AND A CAMEO IN FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! How the Hell did I miss THAT!? I've spammed Seikima-II videos on the forums before...but I'll go ahead and post a couple of my favorites again because why not.

Damn, I wish I could afford to visit Japan long enough to steal buy a bunch of random J-Rock merch...

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Just discovered Between the Buried and Me while checking out a new song from Periphery's upcoming album and proceeded to have my face blown off by their song Selkies, this band is hands down the best piece of ear sex I've had in forever. The way they jump between genres is beautiful, how the song can go from the most brutal stuff I've ever heard to soft rock to jazz to the best damn guitar solo in freaking ever is just... I have no words. Alaska is definitely an album I'm going to buy as soon as I can, love how throughout the whole album the band rocks you into the ground with some harsh as hell metal only to have it end with a bosa nova song.

Some songs to give those who don't know them an idea:

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
It's been a couple years now, but definitely Doctor Who. Since I'm not British, I hadn't even really heard of it until I was 21 or so. But once I started watching...<3

I bring it up because I'm slightly jealous of the people who grew up with the show.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Can I just say Ron Perlman in general? I mean, yeah, I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas but it wasn't until I saw "Book of Life" that I realized "holy shit, I love that man" and watched EVERYTHING he's been in.

I was surprised at how much I've missed. Granted, most of his stuff isn't for kids but now that I'm mature and I realize what he's in, I just love him and I love him in EVERYTHING. Yeah, a movie could be really terrible but HE is always a trip to watch.

If I can't say an actor, then I'll just settle for the Silent Hill series. I only got into it about four years ago and that series just does everything for me, and I do mean EVERY SINGLE GAME, even the terrible Western ones. I just love that series to bits and I wonder what kind of person I'd be if I got into it sooner.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
The Hobbit. I read it as a kid, and liked it but definitely didn't love it. Now, when I'm grown up, I checked out the original English version of it and HOLY SPIT THIS BOOK IS GREAT!

NotEvenOnce

Not ever, if possible
Jun 28, 2012
The band Modest Mouse. Seriously, if you don't know them, check them out. I discovered them about a year ago now and I love every song they've ever breathed into a microphone... Their newest albums are the weaker ones but they're still totally great.
They have a song for just about everyone, be their taste slow and melodic, fast and raw, melancholy or just plain fun.

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
For me it's videogame related. The moment I killed my first enemy in Dynasty Warriors 8, I felt a certain calm wash over me, as something had been filled in my heart that I didn't know that I was missing. DW is love, DW is life.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Found mine a few months ago. In memory of Rick Myall I decided to watch his tv shows The Young Ones and Bottom. My god they were some of the funniest things I have ever seen!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Berserk (the manga)

I've known of this series probably since the 90's when I saw previews of the anime on other anime VHS tapes I bought. Then I decided to watch the show, but it looked so shitty that I already tuned out during episode 2. Then one day a few years back I thought 'Eh, I got some free time, why don't I check out that Berserk manga just for yucks'. And well, the binging that followed was epic.