Where would you like to see the next GTA take place in?

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Another country entirely, in my opinion. Japan or England would be interesting, if either of them let us blow a lot of their shit up in a videogame.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
tjs09 said:
Detroit.

EDIT: I was warned for this post, but I feel I adequately answered the question in the most efficient way possible. Was I supposed to answer this question with an essay? Or would one extra sentence have been enough?
For some reason, one word answers are incredibly offensive to the powers-that-be. It seems I'm on probation every other week :p

OT: Beijing or Shanghai would be cool too. I'm imagining something similar to Yakuza.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
CharlesBronson said:
THEJORRRG said:
Nairobi. Seriously, I have never seen such variety in a city. The difference between rich and poor areas is sudden and jaw-droppingly shocking.

teebeeohh said:
Sarpedon said:
Berlin.

Maybe East Berlin and West Berlin could be two seperate halves of the map, essentially forming two separate cities in the game.
so you want the game to be set in the 50's?

otherwise this would not work and this way it will essentially be low-tech fallout
Actually, that could work very interestingly as a near future GTA. Maybe the Berlin wall is rebuilt, maybe for a different reason this time, and your character is caught in the middle of the two opposing sides.
This actually isn't a terrible idea. Think of the movie Buffalo Soldiers where "Walking Pheonix" plays a GI in the 80's in Germany. He has his own drug lab and spends a lot of time bribing MP's and dealing with seedy characters, this could make for a great time period actually, it gets my vote. But what would Berlin be called in the GTA universe?
Hmmm...
Brandenburg? That's the name of the region.
Kopenick? That's Berlin's oldest area.
Frederick city? After Frederick the Great of Germany.
Reichton?
Hitlerland?
Burgundia? After the old germanic tribe
Suebi? Also a germanic tribe
Rhine? After the river.
Bello Gallico? As in Caesars book where he describes the German tribes.
uuuuuuhhh....
Nazitopiagestapotown?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Philadelphia. Or whatever R* chooses to call it.

I may live there, so I'm bias, but it would also work very well. High crime rate, densely populated, landmarks...All R* really needs.

godinshorts

Oct 13, 2008
yeah but could you imagine racing through the unseen university?
and dodging trolls in the streets?

SkanenakS

May 7, 2011
Stryc9 said:
I would love to see them do one that takes place across Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas like the old top down games were done, and have it so you can drive between each area if you want with towns and smaller cities along the way.

I know that this is way too much for today's technology to handle but it is honestly what I'd like to see.
It is not beyond today's technology. With a game like Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim, how vast those worlds are, where it takes over an hour of real life time to cross from end to end, we could have an install disc or something that would allow twice as big maps as that. Almost like a GoTY edition game.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Arizona would be pretty interesting or at the very least Phoenix.
Somewhere in Texas might also be interesting.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Hmm, no where in the Midwest of the U.S, If it took place in Milwaukee you would only have a choice between being a petty criminal or a Pedophiliac Cannibal

I would like to see one in either Southern Louisiana or Dubai, pref. Louisiana, as a police chase through a swamp would be pretty fun :3 as long as there is DESTRUCTIBLE TREES DEAR GOD PLEASE LET THERE BE DESTRUCTIBLE TREES.

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
Portland (Again the real one not the one in Oregon)
Blow hot air all you like, our Portland is still better [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_quality_of_living].

West coast fo life, yo.

OT: Havana would be a gorgeous setting.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
tjs09 said:
Detroit.

EDIT: I was warned for this post, but I feel I adequately answered the question in the most efficient way possible. Was I supposed to answer this question with an essay? Or would one extra sentence have been enough?
Explain why you want the game there, so people can see your reasoning and maybe start a conversation with you or something.

On topic. Rio De Janiro, I think it would be interesting being thrown into a place were even 11 year old are armed with hand guns.

Plus it would add a new element to the game, in the other games the only armed people were police (and in the early ones baseball bats) as far as I can remember. If you have all these people with hand guns and stuff you would be less willing to go up and start beating on somebody.

There could also be a bit of San Andreas in it, as in if you beat up/kill the wrong person a certain gang will hate you a little more and will attack (maybe call in back up and act like cops a little), if you deal for them (or some other mission) they like you.

Also bring back body building and stuff, it was awesome.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Sydney, shady deals at Kings Cross, pub brawls, shootouts in the CBD, boat-chases in the harbour it would be a blast.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
London '69 already! They should have made it before IV came out!

I have to admit that 'Harbour City' april fools from IGN about a GTA set in 70's Sydney sounded pretty awesome, too.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
The FUTURE!

No no, wait, a high fantasy setting.
Or a retrofictional post-apocalypse.

Wait, I got it, an occult setting. SMT-style. Clair-obscure, demons and wandering souls, machines made of flesh, lovecraftian entities and reality transcending powers.

An entire free roam environment built out that way, yeah, I'd go for that...