Where's my HD remake, jackweeds?!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Shaun Kennedy said:
Final Fantasy XII... so very much. I love this game, and while the X/X-2 Remaster gives me hope I'm not holding my breath, I really want to see this get made, I would even pre-order it!

Others I would really like to see:

Mercenaries (the first one)
Abe's Exoddus (now that New N' Tasty is out... I hope this will happen)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (An HD Remaster of a remaster!)
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath (this series by Snowblind was awesome and deserves a re-master!)
Star Wars Battlefront & Battlefront II (just because)

I would like to see the Level-5 Games re-mastered, particularly Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, and Dark Cloud 2 but their wise decision to use cel-shaded graphics means they haven't aged as noticeably as other 3D games that rely purely on textures, and HD Remasters usually don't up the polygon count or change original meshes so there's a limit on what a remaster could do with them.
If they were to do an HD remake I hope tweak the combat to be more like Kingdom Hearts 2 style combat. I love XII but I hated having to wait to swing my arm again. A Mercenaries HD remake would be awesome

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Zipa said:
Any of the good Star Trek games that Activision made back in the day. Like Eilte force or Armada for example. A Birth of the Federation re-release would be awesome to. The Starfleet command games to, though they are probably lost in the IP mess that is Interplay.
I've been playing BotF recently. A truly underrated gem. An updated version with HD graphics WOULD be nice.

Same goes for Dominion Wars.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
I would absolutely love an HD remake of Twilight Princess. Not only would I be enthusiastic to see my favorite Zelda title (and game of all time more broadly) all prettied up (ala the Wii U Tech demo) but it would also serve as a nice companion piece to Wind Waker HD (in a similar manner to Majora's Mask 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D).

And while these wouldn't get me excited as an HD Twilight Princess, I'd also love to see HD remasters for Jet Set Radio Future, Viewtiful Joe (1&2), Rogue Galaxy and the Maximo games.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I would love the Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD remaster to get ported to PC.

We already got FFXIII & FFXIII-2 (still waiting on Lightning Returns Square!)

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Zipa said:
Any of the good Star Trek games that Activision made back in the day. Like Eilte force or Armada for example. A Birth of the Federation re-release would be awesome to. The Starfleet command games to, though they are probably lost in the IP mess that is Interplay.
Hell, I've love a re-release of 25th Ann. and Judgement Rites. Those games came out nearly 25 years ago and deserve some love.

Granfaloon

Apr 25, 2013
I would like to see the original Quake brought back. Not as an HD remake, but a reboot. That game was atmospheric as hell, I would love to see it reimagined on modern tech.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Shaun Kennedy said:
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath (this series by Snowblind was awesome and deserves a re-master!)
This!

A billion times this!

I played the living daylights out of those games as a kid/teen. They were damned near perfect.

rvbnut

Jan 3, 2011
Shaun Kennedy said:
Final Fantasy XII... so very much. I love this game, and while the X/X-2 Remaster gives me hope I'm not holding my breath, I really want to see this get made, I would even pre-order it!
Me too! :D I would love a FF XII Remaster! :D

But as for other games, I would have to say the Advance Wars series, any of the Star Wars Jedi Knight/Outcast games (KOTOR can also go in here), and probably the LOTR games on PS2.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
rvbnut said:
Shaun Kennedy said:
Me too! :D I would love a FF XII Remaster! :D

But as for other games, I would have to say the Advance Wars series, any of the Star Wars Jedi Knight/Outcast games (KOTOR can also go in here), and probably the LOTR games on PS2.
Just out of curiosity, how would you do a HD remake of the Advance Wars series apart from just porting it to the 3DS? It's not like the graphics plays a big part in the game, and they're still perfectly playable today.

Back to topic, I'd like a HD remake of Spider Man 2.That or Sim City 4 (no I refuse to accept that the new always-online travesty is supposed to replace it)

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I wouldn't mind a Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered with all the DLC included.

It'd also be nice if Capcom could give Onimusha 1 and 2 an HD spitshine. Though with the two main characters owing their likeness to real actors, Capcom may not want to pay the royalties for re-releasing those games.

The first two inFAMOUS games would be nice, too.

And ofcourse a proper remaster of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.
kris40k said:
Shaun Kennedy said:

Others I would really like to see:

Mercenaries (the first one)
Mercenaries 2 is the best Mercenaries!!!

Back to the original question. I want a full remake of Final Fantasy VI. Yeah, VI, not VII, you heard right. Take the graphics that you see in XV, and now imagine Saben suplexing a damn train.

Yeah, you know you want to see it, too.

what these guys said also legend of dragoon and a remake of the first two golden sun games for the 3ds I mean really its a first party IP that the 3d on the 3ds might be worth using.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
SoreWristed said:
I'm quite looking forward to the HD rerelease of Ratchet and Clank. Also the inevitable HD remake of Ratchet and Clank : Locked And Loaded.

Also quite interested in the movie that's been announced...
=> http://youtu.be/4Y_cY_miDxo
There is a HD trilogy of Ratchet and Clank already, I have it.

I'm not too fond of HD remakes unless the original game has been too difficult to get and they fix issues from the originals.

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Kotaro said:
I want an HD collection of the .hack games. Definitely the .hack games. Think about it: each of the two main series was each basically one uber-long game, with transferable saves from one to the next. Plus, the last installment of each is pretty hard to find, and a little on the expensive side. Putting the first four games, and then the G.U. trilogy, one one disc each as an HD collection just makes perfect sense, you know?
This this this this so much this. Living in Australia I never even got to play G.U. and the other series is becoming scratched. What would be even cooler is if, because of the PS4's online capabilities, instead of just random NPC's pretending to be other players, you could HAVE other players. IT wouldn't have to be always online, like they could just use the old ones when you're offline. But if the faux-MMOness could be sort of traded in so I could play with my friends I'd be so happy.

rvbnut

Jan 3, 2011
yamy said:
Just out of curiosity, how would you do a HD remake of the Advance Wars series apart from just porting it to the 3DS? It's not like the graphics plays a big part in the game, and they're still perfectly playable today.
I'd maybe upgrade the graphics, but not by much. Like you said, the graphics aren't too important in that game. (Yes I know this sounds gimmicky) I think that it would be cool to see the units move in 3D. But mainly, the extra screen real estate, memory and processing power on the 3DS and 2DS would allow for larger maps, improved gameplay, etc.

Maybe I'm just hunting for a new game in the series..... :p

Captcha: Seek Beauty
Well yes Captcha, that's what all the fine people in thread are doing.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Also, a lot of these need modernised controls.
And I don't want any of these on a fucking handheld.
I hate that handheld port shit.
Console AND handheld? Great.
Just handheld? Fuck no.

Assassin's Creed 2
MegaMan X4
Suikoden II
Arcanum:Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Xenogears
Azure Dreams
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Final Fantasy Tactics:War Of The Lions (I REALLY hate that this is only on PSP)
MegaMan Legends
MegaMan Legends 2
The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne
The Legacy Of Kain series
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time & Majora's Mask

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I've always wanted to play those games, sadly my PS2 is all but bricked, having a massive input delay with the controllers so buying them is out of the question. I spent most of last week toying with emulators but ultimately got more frustration than joy from them, especially PS2/Gamecube emulators being full of errors and having insane framerate issues despite my PC being more in line with the technology in the current gen consoles.

If those games got a rerelease on PC I would buy them, but personally I don't care about HD rereleases because if the games are released on PC, you can make them higher definition usually if they are at least adequately ported to PC. That was the one cool thing about the emulators I toyed with, when I did get something to work it looked really good. Anti-aliasing options, fully rendering textures, and removing draw distance fog can make old games look just fine for me, even horribly ugly early 3D games look fine with some tweaks so I would just like the games to be available.