Which bad guys have not appeared in games...?

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Herb sewell said:
Xyphon said:
Herb sewell said:
Xyphon said:
If I remember right, we have never seen Cthulhu. Statues of Cthulhu, yes. Never Cthulhu him/herself however.

..... To my knowledge.
I think there was a cthulu game for the xbox
Edit: yep http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/callofcthuludarkcornersoftheearth/index.html
You think I don't know about that game? It proves my point. You don't see Cthulhu him/her/itself. You see statues and busts of Cthulhu, but not the actual being.

I'm sorry to say this, but that was a bit of a "dur dur duuurrr" moment on your part.
Well he is in scribblenauts. Derp
lol I've never even heard of that game until now. He is, however, in the game so I eat my words.

I am the retard.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Mcface said:
Hitler.

Concentration Camps.
Hitler was in Wolfenstein, and there was a WWII game I played that was really dark. It had Nazi concentration camps and churches getting burnt down while full of civilians and stuff. I'll try and find it.

WithHisHat

May 27, 2009
The video game industry needs more Dinosaur-based bad guys. Sure there are the actual dinosaurs that turn up in Turok and King Kong but I want to see like a James Bond Style villain that's part raptor.

Also I don't think the Son of Sam or the Unibomber have been bad guys in a game. Then again I don't really want them to be villains.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
MasterSqueak said:
Mcface said:
Hitler.

Concentration Camps.
Hitler was in Wolfenstein, and there was a WWII game I played that was really dark. It had Nazi concentration camps and churches getting burnt down while full of civilians and stuff. I'll try and find it.
I Have No Mouth and Yet I Must Scream had a sequence in a concentration camp. You played as a Nazi medical researcher. (The point was being disgusted by your own actions, go figure.) I'm pretty sure I played a Sci-Fi game with one too, but I don't remember.

I don't remember if the Cigarette Smoking Man made it into any X-Files Games, but there's a potential hit.

I also don't remember any game where the player is the harbinger of the apocalypse (though I do remember a game named Harbinger...) and trying to resist or subvert your destiny. (Not counting the Hellboy VGs)

Babylon 5's The Shadows.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Mcface said:
Jack the ripper...the list goes on.
Actually he was in a game. He was in Duke Nukem: A Time To Kill for the N64... I think
He wasn't the main villain (obviously) but you had to fight him.
I think he was also the focus of an adventure game in the late 90s. It was sort of like the comic/film From Hell where you investigate the murders.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Tyburn Cross said:
I hate to break it to you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil_%28video_game%29
TaborMallory said:
I saw someone reply to your post, but here's the intro.
<youtube=deTuAaOTZzY>
And now I know (and knowing is half the battle!). Thanks guys. I'll definitely be hunting *that* one down.
I have the demo; the controls and camera angles are fairly annoying, but I'd say it's worth the abandonware.

oneniesteledain

Aug 5, 2009
Starke said:
MasterSqueak said:
Mcface said:
Hitler.

Concentration Camps.
I Have No Mouth and Yet I Must Scream had a sequence in a concentration camp. You played as a Nazi medical researcher. (The point was being disgusted by your own actions, go figure.) I'm pretty sure I played a Sci-Fi game with one too, but I don't remember.

I don't remember if the Cigarette Smoking Man made it into any X-Files Games, but there's a potential hit.

I also don't remember any game where the player is the harbinger of the apocalypse (though I do remember a game named Harbinger...) and trying to resist or subvert your destiny. (Not counting the Hellboy VGs)

Babylon 5's The Shadows.
Unless you had Minbari or Vorlon ships on your side, the Shadows would win, hands down...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
versoth said:
Megatron?
He's both an enemy and a playable character in the games for the new movies, and a few years back there was a PS2 Transformers game based on 'Transformers: Armada' wherein he's the final boss.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
HG131 said:
We have never seen a race of half alien/half machine zombies with ice powers from the sun before, have we?
System Shock 2 had half alien/half machine zombies (the midwives) and the goddamn psychic monkeys could have Cryokinesis, IIRC. Since everyone was under the influence of The Many, I guess they kinda count together. No idea on the solar powered bit.
oneniesteledain said:
Starke said:
Babylon 5's The Shadows.
Unless you had Minbari or Vorlon ships on your side, the Shadows would win, hands down...
In the CCG there were a bunch of ways to take Shadow Ships down, but it wasn't easy without risking some very big fleets on each ship.

oneniesteledain

Aug 5, 2009
Starke said:
HG131 said:
We have never seen a race of half alien/half machine zombies with ice powers from the sun before, have we?
System Shock 2 had half alien/half machine zombies (the midwives) and the goddamn psychic monkeys could have Cryokinesis, IIRC. Since everyone was under the influence of The Many, I guess they kinda count together. No idea on the solar powered bit.
oneniesteledain said:
Starke said:
Babylon 5's The Shadows.
In the CCG there were a bunch of ways to take Shadow Ships down, but it wasn't easy without risking some very big fleets on each ship.
Ah, I never played the CCG; I've only seen the series.