which celebrities have you met and what did you/they say/do?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
When I was about 10, I met the Queen. It was part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations in 2002. Didn't really dawn on me at the time how big a thing that was =P

I've also had a chat with Brian Cox (the actor, not the physicist/D:Ream keyboard player), since he was filming on my street for a TV show. Although despite both me and him being from Dundee, it's odd to hear him talk in his Dundonian accent since I'm so used to hearing him in films obviously not using it =P

Nosferatu2

Feb 9, 2014
Ben Stein scold at me once. I also saw him in Dairy Depo(it's like a 7/11) once, in a suit an tie of all things. My roommate use to hang out with Viggo Mortensen at his ranch. Umm I think I have seen him around town as well, but I didn't said anything.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I've got to talk to some band members of bands that go to Warped Tour. My friend gets press passes so when we go to warped tour he brings me along as his "Note *****" so I take some notes for him. He meets many more famous people of which I cannot remember but he's interviewed some pretty famous people. But lets see which bands I can remember talking to.

Levi Benton of Miss May I
The violinist from Yellowcard
Matty Mullins of Memphis May Fire
The entirety of crossfaith
A few others I can't remember the names of to save my life -_-

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I was providing software/playback FX for a miniseries when I had to pass Pierce Brosnan a laptop set up to mimic word processing software. At the time his character was supposed to be really drunk, and when he did the scene he had to toss the laptop down rather roughly, and then reconsider and activate the software. The laptop kept conking out when it was tossed on the table, and the scene had to be re-shot three times... on the third time, I was told to 'fix it'. All I could think to do was tell Pierce to not throw the laptop so roughly... I approached Pierce, who was a little ticked off, and he said angrily he wasn't interested in any excuses. So I gulped, and just stammered " But ... you keep tossing the laptop like that and it won't work!"

He smiled, put his arm around me, and said "Greg, buddy, it's gonna be alright."

Next take worked fine, and the software worked as well.

It was awesome. Pierce is the man.

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
I met James May when we were at some car festival thing, he was there of his own volition as well.

I said something sarky and he ruffled my hair and called me a pratt.
To this day it's the proudest moment of my life.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
I met John Barrowman and his sister when he was doing a book signing in Cardiff. Being in Cardiff, I've come pretty close to a few Doctor Who-related people but not met them as such. John seemed a nice guy, happy to spend a little bit of time actually talking to each fan rather than just 'sign, move on' - which is what most of the TNA wrestlers did when I met them recently (at the first-ever UK PPV, if anyone's interested). James Storm was pretty cool, as were Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne, but Bobby Roode sticks out to me as being supremely bored by fan interactions.
I also met Barry from Eastenders, whose real name I can't remember, one time when he randomly showed up in my optician's. Seemed like a decent bloke.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Met both the vocalist and bassist of the band ChthoniC. Singer didn't say much but I had a nice talk with the bassist. Wen't on a picture with them both :D
A day to never forget.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Please please please PLEASE tell me someone here knows who the Canadian Hip-hop artist Ghettosocks is!!

Because I totally know him personally and even got to treat him to lunch one time, it was AWESOME! I know him because he is good friends with my brother and when Ghettosocks (real name Darren) was living in Halifax, Nova Scotia, he lived with my brother. He talked to me about how to get a good career and gave me advice on life and stuff, he is a pretty awesome guy.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I've seen (or at least been in the vicinity of) Bruce Wullis, Chris Rock (while on a trip to New York City) and Mel Gibson (while they were filming part of the movie "Signs" in my hometown. No, really!)

the_duke_CC

Feb 4, 2008
I've met Prince Charles and Will.I.Am (they were at the same event).

Will didn't really say much just hello then he got moved on by his handler.

Prince Charles however was really nice, he was being introduced to everyone but he made time to speak to all 100 of us that were there, he asked where I was from how did I get involved with the charity (I work for a charity hence the question and why I was at the event) and he asked if I was involved in any projects. He took an interest in everyone's story.

There were some other celebrities there like Carol Vorderman and Dynamo but I didn't get to meet them.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I have run into Angelina Jolie. Didn't really say anything to her, it was more that we crossed eyes in a store and she noticed I recognized her. She just kinda winked and "shushed" me playfully.

Crossed paths with Beyonce once as well, though she seemed to be quite busy with a photoshoot.

Met Rove McManus once. Had a very brief chat that I don't remember what it was about. He's a pretty cool guy.

Never bothered to ask for signatures or anything. Never really cared that much about celebrities. It was cool but I didn't freak out or anything.

Koji Arala

Oct 7, 2008
Penn and Teller! It was just after seeing their show in Vegas, so can't say it really counts, but was still fun.

Teller talks freely when he isn't doing his stage persona.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Ran into Drake Bell in an out of my town mall. We had a good 2min discussion about how as a kid I really enjoyed his banter in Drake and Josh, and him now doing a fine job voicing Spiderman.
Had to wrap it up cause he was busy, so we took a quick picture (lost it when I got a new phone.... *shoots self*), and he was off.

I also had a chance to meet Terry Crews... dude is the nicest guy who could snap me in half like a tooth pick ever. Unfortunately that day I couldn't really chat or take pics since he was with his family and that would be just plain rude. So a simple "Hey Teeeerry!!!" and a high five that was like hitting a car going 30mph was fine with me! Luckily the guy lives in my home town... maybe someday, we'll meet again...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Met and met... I've headbutted Hans Knugliga Majestät Carl XVI Gustaf(the king of Sweden) in the stomach or his balls. His wife, the Queen obviously, and their youngest daughter was also present. I was around three-four years old or something, so unfortunetly I don't remember it. Have only heard the story told by my mom. She was there and when she realised what I had done she froze up in panic. >:D
Apart from that I don't remember anyone in particular. Some band members here and there.

Supercereal

Mar 3, 2012
I met Kevin Costner in LAX last year on my way home from The International 3 where i met and touched the almighty Gabe.

Xanarch

Apr 30, 2013
Malty Milk Whistle said:
I met James May when we were at some car festival thing, he was there of his own volition as well.

I said something sarky and he ruffled my hair and called me a pratt.
To this day it's the proudest moment of my life.
Nice!! That would have been the proudest moment of mine too.

I (literally) bumped into Colm Meaney as he was coming out of a shop in a rush. I said "Sorry chief" and he quirked a smile, said "My fault" and off he went. I've also had the pleasure of chatting at length with the current Irish president, who's ridiculously eloquent and entertaining, but perhaps less famous than Miles O'Brien.

Gaius Livius

Oct 30, 2013
This isn't to do with me in particular but my dad. I kid you not he spilled his drink on Robert Pattinson at some event. Not intentionally of course but it will make some people happy I would think. Yeah not exactly a massive name but an interesting little anecdote at least.

Abe Mac

Aug 11, 2011
Gaius Livius said:
This isn't to do with me in particular but my dad. I kid you not he spilled his drink on Robert Pattinson at some event. Not intentionally of course but it will make some people happy I would think. Yeah not exactly a massive name but an interesting little anecdote at least.
I haven't met anyone famous but your post inspired me to tell another dad story so here goes:

My dad was playing golf with a buddy of his, and since it was only the two people they got placed with another group of two. Michael Redd just so happened to be in that other group. So yeah, my dad played a full 18 holes of golf with Michael Redd. He even got a signed hat, which he gave to me (he said he wanted to keep it himself but had told him that it was fior his son as to not seem like a "fanboy"), but I have since lost it (this was several years ago). Pissed I lost the hat but still a cool story to tell anyone who cares.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
No celebrities that I can think of. I have met a few guys from different bands I like, but the grindcore/death metal scene is pretty small so you inevitably get to know a few of them.

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
polly95 said:
in 2012 australian open i met rafael nadal and he signed my tennis blouse, tennis skirt, nightie, and i asked "can you please put your email addy?" and he said "sure" and signed his email there too. i kissed his cheek and left. i emailed him me wearing the things he signed. or i hope he saw and not just his agent lol. did you meet any?
Anne Rice. At a book signing in the 90's... it was for "Lasher" - I still have a signed copy of "Lasher" ...

She was sweet. Very, very sweet. I recall wishing I could spend more time with her. I was in my teens at the time and I told her that I wanted to visit New Orleans. She told me it could be a dangerous city and to be careful, and she smiled the sweetest smile at me after signing my book.

Nice lady.