Bedlam
Black science
East of West
Lazarus
Satellite Sam
Sex criminals
Sheltered
Zero

So many more I wish I could get but i'm pushing it as it is with this many.

Oh and I also get Saga, Mind MGMT and hawkeye in trade and i'm trying to buy all the issues of amazing Spider-man which will take some time and money.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
EeveeElectro said:
I read a load of Batman, and try to get my hands on every Harley Quinn centric ones.
Do you read Harley's own book, or only Batman books with her in them?

Nathaniel Grey

Dec 18, 2013
As of now. Monthly?...

Alex + Ada
All New X-Men
Batman
Black Widow
Chew (It's so good. This should be a t.v. show on adult swim)
Deadly Class
Fables
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3
Hawkeye ( Made me love Clint Barton)
Indestructible Hulk (Made me love Bruce Banner)
The Manhattan Projects (Highly recommend)
The Movement
Rat Queens
SAGA
Sex Criminals
Suicide Squad
Superior Spiderman
Thor: God of Thunder (Gave me an appreciation for Thor that I thought I would never have)
Uncanny X-Men
Wonderwoman
X-Men

I didn't count issues that have finished. I only listed ongoing series that I cherish. Yay for CHEW!!!!!

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
thaluikhain said:
Used to be a DC person, but the New 52 sorta killed that off for me.

Oh, WHM, from Games Workshop. I think they made most of the available online for free, worth checking out.
I hesitate to ask what complaints you actually have with the New 52.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
All-New X-Men
All-New X-Factor
Amazing X-Men
Angel & Faith
Avengers
Avengers A.I.
Avengers Undercover
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Loki: Agent of Asgard
New Avengers
New Warriors
Nova
Superior Spider-Man
Thor: God of Thunder
Winter Soldier: The Longest Winter
Uncanny Avengers
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine & the X-Men
X-Force

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Superior Spider-man
Batman (the Grant Morrison run)
Kingdom Come
Sandman
Miracleman
Watchmen
From Hell
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Um, just about everything else written by Alan Moore come to think of it.

deckpunk

Apr 5, 2011
Sandman
Preacher
Transmetropolitan
Watchmen (tried to get into the new prequels but wasn't able to stay interested.)
Ultimate Marvel (Read pretty much all of it and I still prefer it to the mainstream 616 universe.)
X-Factor (The one with Madrox, Layla Miller etc...)
Dark Knight Returns
Anything with Deadpool in it...
Killing Joke
Red Son
The Boys
Hitman

Theres other stuff but I can't think of it now.Never been able to get into dc proper, tried with the new 52. After all it was reboot so it would be perfect for someone like me who was brand new to it... except it is an incoherent confusing mess, and there are way too many crossovers each month. I mean how dc comic fans afford the new 52!?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
KazeAizen said:
thaluikhain said:

Oh, WHM, from Games Workshop. I think they made most of the available online for free, worth checking out.
Well, firstly, they dropped it in the middle of ongoing stories that didn't get resolved. Zatanna, for example, had a recurring villain she was going to deal with, but didn't. They also got rid of her comic and shunted her into someone else's.

You also had Oracle going back to being a fairly generic Batgirl. Oracle was a much more interesting character, and anyone could be Batgirl, or a similar generic teen heroine. Because of this, Birds of Prey wasn't nearly as good, IMHO.

They also got rid of various authors, or shuffled them around. They changed a lot of people's costumes for seemingly no reason as well, which is what the New 52 seemed to be about, pointless changes.

(Then there's the stuff about the sexualisation, lack of female authors and so on, but that's sorta a given anyway)

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
thaluikhain said:
KazeAizen said:
thaluikhain said:

Well, firstly, they dropped it in the middle of ongoing stories that didn't get resolved. Zatanna, for example, had a recurring villain she was going to deal with, but didn't. They also got rid of her comic and shunted her into someone else's.

You also had Oracle going back to being a fairly generic Batgirl. Oracle was a much more interesting character, and anyone could be Batgirl, or a similar generic teen heroine. Because of this, Birds of Prey wasn't nearly as good, IMHO.

They also got rid of various authors, or shuffled them around. They changed a lot of people's costumes for seemingly no reason as well, which is what the New 52 seemed to be about, pointless changes.

(Then there's the stuff about the sexualisation, lack of female authors and so on, but that's sorta a given anyway)
You missed the point of the New 52 then. It was a fresh start to bring in new readers i. e. Me. However my problem was they didn't go whole hog with it as Batman still had everyone and his previous history for the most part as well as Green Lantern. A part from that I can see why they did it and it worked to a major degree apparently. Also its the first time Wonder Woman/Superman has ever actually been canon. I find that interesting as hell.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
jademunky said:
Superior Spider-man
Batman (the Grant Morrison run)
Kingdom Come
Sandman
Miracleman
Watchmen
From Hell
Kind of a shame the man is a bit of an asshole. :(

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
jademunky said:
Superior Spider-man
Miracleman
Watchmen
From Hell
Like, including some of his weirder stuff? Have you read Lost Girls or Neonomicon too? If so, opinion?

Queen Michael said:
Nathaniel Grey said:
Yay for CHEW!!!!!
Yay indeeed! =D That series is so frickin' good!
Yay here too! (Based on the three books I've read so far. For all I know, it could fall prey to Dexter syndrome.)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Queen Michael said:
EeveeElectro said:
I read a load of Batman, and try to get my hands on every Harley Quinn centric ones.
I have Preludes and knock knock jokes, Mad Love and other stories and I've just bought Night and Day.

Willstown

Borderline Crazy Cat Man
Nov 20, 2013
Erm ongoing series I'm pretty much trade waiting for most things, it's more practicality around space in the house.

Fair bit of New 52 stuff (yeah a lot actually), agreed it's varying quality. Started with Batman as I tonnes of pre new 52 batman stuff and branched out. Too many to list here, but generally bat family, justice league / green lantern related.

Ongoing trade collections aside from new 52.

Hawkeye
Deadpool (NOW)
Walking Dead
Saga
Morning Glories
Revival
Manhatten Projects
Chew
Sex Criminals (TP one drops soon)
Ex Machina
American Vampire
Hellblazer
Lucifer

Stuff I've completed the run of

100 Bullets
Preacher
Y The Last Man
The Boys
Transmetropolitan
Sandman
Planetary - the Omnibus is seriously worth it

Going to check out the new Black Widow series when the 1st trade drops as well as 'The Wake' as I'm loving his American Vampire and Batman runs

I'm a sucker for those big juicy omnibuses as well, the 52 and Infinite Crisis books, Death and return of Superman etc. Hoping to pick up the Invisibles and Doom Patrol Omnibuses when they drop / I can get a decent price.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I generally don't read superheros...I did read batgirl and batwoman but I've sort of fallen out of step...particularly with the controversy surrounding the latter

I get the impression with superheroes either the appeal is there or it isn't....

I read Saga by issue (cause its awesome) but aside from that I find reading issues too annoying...I'm more than content to just wait for the trades, the only downside there is it creates big gaps in the story and over time I might forget details

right now I have a sizable backlog..but the good thing about comics are they don't take long to get through right now I'm reading

Revival
Powers
Bedlam
Morning Glories
East of West
Sex
Lazarus
that one about the physics

and a whole lot more I can't remember off hand

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
TheRiddler said:
jademunky said:
Superior Spider-man
Miracleman
Watchmen
From Hell
Like, including some of his weirder stuff? Have you read Lost Girls or Neonomicon too? If so, opinion?

Queen Michael said:
Nathaniel Grey said:
Yay for CHEW!!!!!
Yay indeeed! =D That series is so frickin' good!
Yay here too! (Based on the three books I've read so far. For all I know, it could fall prey to Dexter syndrome.)
What's Dexter syndrome? If you mean that it gets worse as ti goes on, I can tell you that I'm about to finish book 7, and it's still as good as always.

And I've read Lost Girls and Neonomicon. Neonomicon was okay, but Lost Girls was too dirty for my tastes.

EeveeElectro said:
Queen Michael said:
EeveeElectro said:
I have Preludes and knock knock jokes, Mad Love and other stories and I've just bought Night and Day.
So you don't read her new series? Why not?

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Fuse
Royals: Masters of War
The Superior Spider-Man
Occasionally 2000AD but I'm spending too much on comics already

Not much for the big two as you can probably guess.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Willstown said:
Preacher
The Boys
I find it funny the only two romances I've ever REALLY cared about in any form of fiction about also happen to be in books that contain the most grotesque outrageous borderline horrifying stuff you could possibly imagine

Billy Butcher is one of my favorite charchters